Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

green house possibly !!

Options
  • 20-03-2020 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Has anyone any advise on doing up one of these ?

It doesnt look the best in the pic but its structurally not bad, few bits missing !!

Where could i source polycarbonate sheeting ? will corrugated sheeting do ?

Any advise at all is appreciated

Comments

Shes rough and shes nothing special.
    I'd be inclined to cut my losses on that and just get a new one,especially if you care about how it looks.
    500 would get you a similar one. polycarb is more expensive than glass.

https://www.lenehans.ie/the-6ft-wide-apollo-greenhouse-range-with-low-threshold-access.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Kind of agree with BF. Looks rough. Missing glass might be 150 euro, door looks gone too. A good few joints will need work (they look tapped together) some bars bent. Obviously its fixable. But might not be much difference in spend, on a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

cheers for the responses ,ill leave the greenhouse project so and look into purchasing instead.

have some old metal sheeting so might try and make a hen house out of it

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

You'll need 4 or 5 twinwall polycarbonate sheets, 3m x2 m, @ around €80 each, plus delivery. Get out your measuring tape.
    Google "polycarbonate sheets ireland" to find some suppliers near you and shop around for the best price.

Advertisement