If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony STR-DN1080 Price and recommend a BR player with Dolby Vision

Options
  • 20-03-2020 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can I price the  Sony STR-DN1080 please?

I bought the 1040 off ye a few years back and its time to upgrade, you previously recommended the  Sony STR-DN1080 to me in a separate thread but I would also like to price a 4k Blu Ray player with Dolby vision support.

Which player would you recommend?

Thanks,
    CK

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Hi

I bought the 1040 off ye a few years back and its time to upgrade, you previously recommended the  Sony STR-DN1080 to me in a separate thread but I would also like to price a 4k Blu Ray player with Dolby vision support.

Thanks,
    CK
    Hi Mr Freeze.

Thanks for getting back in touch.

You could stick with Sony for the 4K player and go for the UBPX700 priced at £199. This was product of the year in its price range with What HiFi.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203104-sony-ubpx700-uhd-blu-ray-player.aspx
    I have very little movement on this but could squeeze it to £189 for you.

I'm not sure what price I quoted before on the 1080?
    It currently retails at £429 but I could drop it too £399.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hi

Thanks,
    CK
    Hi Mr Freeze.

You could stick with Sony for the 4K player and go for the UBPX700 priced at £199. This was product of the year in its price range with What HiFi.

Thanks, does the x700 need an update to enable Dolby Vision? It sounds like a great player.

Quick question on the amp, does the 1080 support Dolby Vision too? 
    I ask because my current amp will not passthrough 4K with HDR, it puts it down to 1080p.

If I am ordering, I will do it next week, if we are not on lock down.

Regards,
    Colin

Hi

Thanks,
    CK
    Hi Mr Freeze.

Thanks, does the x700 need an update to enable Dolby Vision? It sounds like a great player.

Quick question on the amp, does the 1080 support Dolby Vision too? 
    I ask because my current amp will not passthrough 4K with HDR, it puts it down to 1080p.

If I am ordering, I will do it next week, if we are not on lock down.

Regards,
    Colin
    Hi Mr Freeze.

I believe the Dolby Vision update for the UBPX700 is already out and once you connect it to the net it should search for the any updates it requires.

The 1080 is also now compatible with Dolby Vision.

Just let me know when your ready to order and we can go from there. (Fingers crossed all being well).

Hi Mr Freeze.

I believe the Dolby Vision update for the UBPX700 is already out and once you connect it to the net it should search for the any updates it requires.

Just let me know when your ready to order and we can go from there. (Fingers crossed all being well).

Thanks Kenny, 399 sounds good for the 1080.

On the BR player, do ye have the ubpx800m2, I'm not sure about the 700 you mention, each review ends up going on about the 800 instead.

Ill give you a buzz towards the end of the week if ye are still operating.

Hi Mr Freeze.

On the BR player, do ye have the ubpx800m2, I'm not sure about the 700 you mention, each review ends up going on about the 800 instead.

Hey Mr Freeze.

We so indeed stock the 800M2 currently priced at £294.00

The Belfast store is closed for the time being under instructions surrounding the spread of COVID19.

Our mail order department will be running the best it can to supply any orders and our website is fully operational.

• Advertisement

Hi Mr Freeze.

Hey Mr Freeze.

The Belfast store is closed for the time being under instructions surrounding the spread of COVID19.

Our mail order department will be running the best it can to supply any orders and our website is fully operational.
    Thanks, so If I was to order the Sony STR-DN1080 its 429 on the site, there is no way I can avail of the price you mentioned above due to the shutdown now?

Hi Mr Freeze.

Hey Mr Freeze.

Thanks, so If I was to order the Sony STR-DN1080 its 429 on the site, there is no way I can avail of the price you mentioned above due to the shutdown now?
    Hi Mr Freeze.

We hope to be still able to manually process orders by phone or we can crate a personal code for you to enter on the website that will drop the price to what has been agreed.

Hi Mr Freeze.

Hey Mr Freeze.

Hi Mr Freeze.

We hope to be still able to manually process orders by phone or we can crate a personal code for you to enter on the website that will drop the price to what has been agreed.
    Thats great, thanks.
    Chat soon hopefully.

Regards,
    CK

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Mr Freeze.

Hey Mr Freeze.

Hi Mr Freeze.

Thats great, thanks.
    Chat soon hopefully.

Regards,
    CK
    No problem at all Mr Freeze.

Hi Mr Freeze.

Hey Mr Freeze.

Hi Mr Freeze.

Thats great, thanks.
    Chat soon hopefully.

Regards,
    CK
    Sorry I am so slow, trying to do some research on the a/v reciever to get and I was sure the 1080 would be sound but I currently have 7.1 setup and if I wanted atmos at some stage, the 1080 can't do 7.1.2. So the next up reciever that might work for me is the Denon  AVRX3600.

Whats your opinion on the  AVRX3600? And do ye have them in stock and whats the best price?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Mr Freeze.

Hey Mr Freeze.

Hi Mr Freeze.

Thats great, thanks.
    Chat soon hopefully.

Regards,
    CK
    Sorry I am so slow, trying to do some research on the a/v reciever to get and I was sure the 1080 would be sound but I currently have 7.1 setup and if I wanted atmos at some stage, the 1080 can't do 7.1.2. So the next up reciever that might work for me is the Denon  AVRX3600.

Whats your opinion on the  AVRX3600? And do ye have them in stock and whats the best price?
    Hi Mr Freeze.

The Sony STRDN1080 can only run Atmos as 5.1.2 as it is only a 7.1 reciever.

To run 7.1.2 you need an amp that has the ability to run 9.1 or higher.
    The AVRX3600 will be able to do this.
    Currently price at £699. I could squeeze one of these down to £680 delivered. Currently in stock.
    The 3600 is on another level to the 1080.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.