Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SIRO options in Sligo. Vodaphone, sky, digiweb

• 20-03-2020 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all, fortunately we are able to get SIRO at our new address looking at getting the 1GB bundle with either Vodaphone, Sky or Digiweb.
    Is there any difference between them bar the prices.
    I have contacted the 3 of them
    Vodaphone are saying it's 450 with free installation
    Didgiweb say it's €580 for the first year inc a €150 installation charge
    And sky is €530 inc €150 installation.

Just wondering if any of them have some hidden charges to be aware of, usage cap ECT having talked to all of them they say there is not but I just want to make sure, having seen vodaphones trustpilot page I have worries of going with them.

We will be getting sky TV in the house also but they don't seem to do any kind of package deal that would entice me to go with them either.

Any info or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This thread covers a lot of that. FWIW, I've decided to go Digiweb when my area goes "live" later in the year, and that was largely based on their TrustPilot rating compared to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Airwire is also available in Sligo.

No cap .. vs a 1TB Fair Use Policy with all of the 3 providers you are listing.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ali-d1936

after this i Decided to go with Vodaphone because i imagined im getting the same product off all 3 so why pay 100 extra,

What a nightmare!!

ordered it on the 20th with a install date of the 27th.
    the installers came the 26th installed the line and modem did a great job, as they where connecting they had a issue and where told by Vodaphone my order was cancelled the 23rd... not by me and no reason given as to why, was told it was a small error that would be rectified within 24hours.
    have spend all day Friday, all Saturday, all Monday and so far today trying to sort it. initially i was told i didn't have to order anything extra, then told i would have to reorder the package.. to then be told i had to Order Fibre internet (completely different to siro that i ordered) at a cost of E100 to put the order for SIRO to go through!
    i said no way i do not agree to that because i am in danger of winding up with something i didn't order. got off the phone a hour later i get a text that a engineer is calling Wednesday to Install my Fibre Broadband!!
    so now i have a order for Fibre and Siro and neither of them are working.
    have been on the phone trying to cancel this order saturday, monday and today, have had to deal with being on hold for 56min and then disconnected, second time 43 min and disconnected and now on hold for 48 min and have just been disconnected again,
    i have now tried to go with digiweb who tell me my line is in use by Vodaphone and i have to contact them to release it.

I know i have seen the Trustpilot score for Vodaphone and how bad the customer Support is and its all accurate they are Absolutely Terrible!! Stay away Well away from Vodaphone! if you have any issue at all you will wish you went with somone else!

Advertisement