Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To visit or not to visit?

Options
  • 21-03-2020 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I'll explain the situation and would ask that people be kind in their replies because I'm really really torn on this subject.

I live on the Tipperary/Cork border but I'm from Dublin.

My family all still live in Dublin. Mam, Dad, 2 sons, 1 daughter, 1 grandson, 1 sister.

I feel like this weekend might be the last chance to visit for a long time because next week may be complete lockdown.

At the same time, my Mam is suffering stage 4 lung cancer (she's decided against any treatment), my Dad has diabetes and I have COPD so we're all in high risk categories. Mam and Dad are only 71 though so not massively elderly. If I'm honest about Mam I think she couldn't care less if she got it because she wants to go sooner rather than later but at the same time from what I've seen in Italy I don't want her gasping for air as she does go.

I'm wondering if I visit and just maintain social distance, wear gloves and limit the amount of time with each would that be okay?

Really don't know what to do, I live alone so I am quite lonely although I'm still going to work for now so I do have some interaction albeit it at safe social distance from colleagues.

What are other people thinking?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement