Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating during the Coronavirus lockdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Yeah I know the feeling (except for me, it's women ;) )

Tinder and Bumble are just for distraction these days. I think both sides, if they're being cautious, know it's never going to lead to anything

I heard of another new app earlier called Hinge and Facebook launched Facebook Dating this week too

Are they all off their heads pumping money into this in 2020? I think so, but their research must be showing different

Two words: Hookers and Cider

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

is the pic thread going anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Serious amount of Dubs wanting to meet on Tinder & Bumble at the moment. I dunno where all the other Counties are hiding out! Me being in Galway doesn't appear to be a deterrent either!:eek::pac::D Travel no problem apparently.:D Never had this much communication from Dub fellas online before this!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I seem to be matching with a lot of girls in China for some reason. A bit odd when I can't even leave my own village at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sandz066

I find Tinder and Bumble etc just too headwrecking in these circumstances so have quit them.

Signed up for an online speed dating event that was to happen Thursday just gone. Make up and hair done and all psyched up for it and then the fecking thing got postponed to next Thursday due to technical issues with the website.

Never done online speed dating, nervous but interested to see how it'll go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Unless you plan on dating being off the cards for a year plus, put on your profile you are actually looking to meet!

My mates in dublin are dating constantly at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

With sex off the table (for most adults who are following public guidelines), there is a chance at creating real & deep ‘relationships’.

You don't have to do it on the table.

Actually it's also often a little awkward to restrict yourself to that location if you are living in a house-share. Your poor housemates don't want to be seeing that when they are trying to eat their cornflakes at the other end of the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

is the pic thread going anymore?

The Know Your Nerds one?

I haven't seen one since I came back to Boards in March now that you mention it

Back in the mid 2000s it was the Tinder of Boards ;)

I seem to be matching with a lot of girls in China for some reason. A bit odd when I can't even leave my own village at the moment.

They're scam profiles 99.9% of the time when you match with a stunner who just so happens to be 15,000 Km away

"See more of my pics on LoveYouLongTimeBigBoy2020xoxo.com"

I'm sure people could meet each other for a takeaway coffee and a walk in a park. If I were dating now I wouldn't let Covid get in my way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

They're scam profiles 99.9% of the time when you match with a stunner who just so happens to be 15,000 Km away

"See more of my pics on LoveYouLongTimeBigBoy2020xoxo.com"
    One of them was as stunner alright. The rest were fairly average. Maybe if they go ahead with building that city in Louth for the Chinese residents I might get lucky.

A Professor who knows his stuff said in a BBC article earlier that "we won't see life like it was in 2019 for another five years"

There's no way any single people can or should last that long to date again

I'm starting to think maybe the lowest risk would be to start meeting up with an Ex you trust from next March

They'd be single too obviously, you're still on good terms with them and you know they don't act the eejit going to house parties etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

A Professor who knows his stuff said in a BBC article earlier that "we won't see life like it was in 2019 for another five years"

There's no way any single people can or should last that long to date again

I'm starting to think maybe the lowest risk would be to start meeting up with an Ex you trust from next March

They'd be single too obviously, you're still on good terms with them and you know they don't act the eejit going to house parties etc

Well that's terrible advice. They're an ex for a reason.
    I'm sure people could meet each other for a takeaway coffee and a walk in a park. If I were dating now I wouldn't let Covid get in my way.

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't be letting any restrictions stop me from meeting someone I was interested in.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Well that's terrible advice. They're an ex for a reason.

Two good friends of mine are exes and myself and one still had the occasional fumble upto March

There are exes you never want to even see again of course, but you can still keep in good contact with some of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Going for a shot of patie or a night of it is as an essential journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yes most of the uncertainty is removed from the equation. If they let you in the door you can pretty sure the evening will have a happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

How are people treating the 5km in this scenario? Tinder date lined up but it's a bit over the 5km. We are both happy to do it because we follow all the other guidelines, we should still be able to have careful fun. People's thoughts on it? Would you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    How are people treating the 5km in this scenario? Tinder date lined up but it's a bit over the 5km. We are both happy to do it because we follow all the other guidelines, we should still be able to have careful fun. People's thoughts on it? Would you do it?

Jaysus go for it

Jaysus go for it

Don't worry about that ha ha, no encouragement needed. I was just interested to see what people thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Don't worry about that ha ha, no encouragement needed. I was just interested to see what people thought...

Oh don't worry they will be along shortly to put the guilt trip on you,very important to get the leg over in these times

• Advertisement

Oh don't worry they will be along shortly to put the guilt trip on you,very important to get the leg over in these times

I am not for guilting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If my potential date was uneasy about something then I’d respect that for sure and I’d be particularly slow to take things into the bedroom for a while. Instead just keep it to dates and stuff

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    Going for a shot of patie or a night of it is as an essential journey.

What's patie?:confused: Typo?

What's patie?:confused: Typo?

I hope so. Or this thread is going into weird fetish territory again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mousblaster17

go for it! just keep follow the social distancing and enjoy yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

So you're going to meet up and stay 2 feet apart? And what, walk around in the cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

So once the lockdown is over dating is allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

timeToLive wrote: »
    So you're going to meet up and stay 2 feet apart? And what, walk around in the cold?

Sure 2 feet is very close.

timeToLive wrote: »
    We are both happy to do it because we follow all the other guidelines, we should still be able to have careful fun.

Not clear to me what he means by this?:confused:

• Advertisement

Not clear to me what he means by this?:confused:

Presuming "careful fun" means calculated risk

There'll come a time for all of us cautious Singletons when we'll just have to take a chance

Imagine not dating till 2022!

Advertisement