Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating during the Coronavirus lockdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

go for it! just keep follow the social distancing and enjoy yourselves

jaysis wept :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Anyone try Hinge yet?

It sounds like a really dodgy nightclub in Limerick, but it's actually a new dating app

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

get out and date, meet up.the way I saw it was, I went on few dates around June, assuming it went well and I wanted to see them again and assumed they did, Id follow up message after date, kissed after second date if you could tell it was good. Because if the two of you want to meet again, there was obviously good enough attraction.

They have taken nearly everything fun and worthwhile away, just go out and date. Or dont and wait for another year minimum if its a vaccine you are waiting for, but thats the reality...

Its defo not ideal with the pubs being shut and cafe's, restaurants etc. Just be more picky than you would usually be.No doubt many women reading this, will be told they are too picky and too give people a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Presuming "careful fun" means calculated risk

I suppose if they spend less than 15 minutes within 2 metres of each other they can claim they weren't 'close contacts'. You can get a fair bit done in that time:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Presuming "careful fun" means calculated risk

There'll come a time for all of us cautious Singletons when we'll just have to take a chance

Imagine not dating till 2022!
    Unfortunately I can. :( I just hope I can go on a "golfing trip" to Portugal next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I suppose if they spend less than 15 minutes within 2 metres of each other they can claim they weren't 'close contacts'. You can get a fair bit done in that time:P

Sure if you move outside the 2 metres I presume the clock resets.

Get a glass of water. Rehydrate :D

eaglach wrote: »
    I feel very strongly about keeping the virus at bay, but I think I've reached breaking point and finally go on a real date, even if it is just a walk in the park. It may sound selfish, but I can't put my life on hold indefinitely.

What are your alternatives? Stay single form a year, having no close contact with someone?

Not realistic IMO.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    What are your alternatives? Stay single form a year, having no close contact with someone?

Not realistic IMO.
    Not realistic? Plenty of people have been single for more than a year. The dating scene was tricky enough to navigate before the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

paw patrol wrote: »
    go for it! just keep follow the social distancing and enjoy yourselves

jaysis wept :(
    :D

• Advertisement

Not realistic? Plenty of people have been single for more than a year. The dating scene was tricky enough to navigate before the pandemic.

Sure, but at least you're looking.

To put your love life on pause for a year is a mistake IMO. Hell of a dry spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Sure, but at least you're looking.

To put your love life on pause for a year is a mistake IMO. Hell of a dry spell.

It's nothing in the grand scheme of things. Make the most of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

I have given up at least until pubs reopen or I move back up to Dublin. Online dating just isn't worth it in countryside where I am atm and there is nothing open locally apart from supermarkets etc.

Even for some sort of outdoors type date the weather is bad and it's dark so early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

I have given up at least until pubs reopen or I move back up to Dublin. Online dating just isn't worth it in countryside where I am atm and there is nothing open locally apart from supermarkets etc.

Even for some sort of outdoors type date the weather is bad and it's dark so early.

A fella I know met his now wife in Dunnes Stores 20 years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    A fella I know met his now wife in Dunnes Stores 20 years ago.

I thought it was mostly in America or films that happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Unfortunately the date fell through from my side both through work and injury... I got unmatched for it ha ha!! We go again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Matching with a few lads on Tinder but none want to meet. I do understand but it’s frustrating on the other hand

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gael23 wrote: »
    Matching with a few lads on Tinder but none want to meet. I do understand but it’s frustrating on the other hand

I've noticed it with some women as well. It is understandable but if someone isn't willing to meet, I don't see the point in in being on dating apps. If it's just for the next couple of weeks then fair enough but if we're talking a couple of months or more then it doesn't make any sense. Any connection you make with someone will have long fizzled out by the time you would be willing to meet any way.

I matched with a few gorgeous girls who want to meet but they're in Hong Kong. Now there is one girl who lives 3km from me but she is only showing half her face in her photos.

I matched with a few gorgeous girls who want to meet but they're in Hong Kong.

img?regionKey=VOAk66u65z7%2BZZjjCONxUw%3D%3D

But seriously; they're very likely fake profiles if they're perfect looking and 16 thousand kilometres away

• Advertisement

img?regionKey=VOAk66u65z7%2BZZjjCONxUw%3D%3D

But seriously; they're very likely fake profiles if they're perfect looking and 16 thousand kilometres away
    More than likely. I seem to either match with fake profiles or girls that look completely different in every photo and I can't make up my mind if I fancy them or not. :pac: The joys of modern dating.

More than likely. I seem to either match with fake profiles or girls that look completely different in every photo and I can't make up my mind if I fancy them or not. :pac: The joys of modern dating.

There's a lot of asian girls on Tinder the last few weeks. All fake profiles. What's the scam here? Are they trying to get you to pay for a ticket or something?

There's a lot of asian girls on Tinder the last few weeks. All fake profiles. What's the scam here? Are they trying to get you to pay for a ticket or something?
    I never had anyone ask me for money. Maybe its something to do with the new city they're building near Dundalk for the Hong Kong residents?

I'm presuming it's all bot driven and the chat links you to a paid video site within the first 5 mins

So easy to spot the fake ones though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I matched with an asian girl ages ago (some time last year) who was actually legit. She said she was coming to Ireland for a holiday and was looking to meet people. We chatted a little bit and followed each other on Instagram. I kinda forgot about it until she messaged me a few months later when she was here and wanted to meet up. She was a nice girl. So, some of them are legit. I've matched with a few over more recently and chatted to some of them. Any of the recent matches, seem to all be working in investments and they'll casually drop that into any chat 'My day was good, made some nice investments that made a good profit' type of thing. I imagine they are spam accounts trying to get you to 'invest' money with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

The lady that runs the local knocking shop in my village said she was never as busy, it’s an ill wind that blows some good if you pardon the pun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

The scam with the Asians is that they try sell you crypto currency. They over time mention investments that have gone well for them to peek your interest.

Either they are trying to push an unknown currency or selling you a fake.

They are real people, not bots. Probably not as good looking as their pictures, and probably have a penis.

I actually met an Asian girl in Dublin before. She spent the entire date looking at her phone. Probably checking her investments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

I have never stopped dating. I am not going to be told by Dr Tony or anybody who I can or cannot meet.

• Advertisement

I have never stopped dating. I am not going to be told by Dr Tony or anybody who I can or cannot meet.

Can you stop doing something you never did?

Advertisement