Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating during the Coronavirus lockdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have never stopped dating. I am not going to be told by Dr Tony or anybody who I can or cannot meet.

I feel the same to a point but if my date is not comfortable I’m not going to push him to the way things are

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭hurikane

I have never stopped dating. I am not going to be told by Dr Tony or anybody who I can or cannot meet.

Be a tough job to separate you from your pam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Curious as to how people are dealing with this now. It never really comes up as a discussed issue even though it affects quite a lot of people and we're looking down the barrell of another 3+ months of this

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Better celibate than a GRANNY KILLER

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Better celibate than a GRANNY KILLER

Is this the new "you wouldn't download a car" advert? :eek:

Haven't stopped dating. Just found women who dont live with their parents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

AdamD wrote: »
    Curious as to how people are dealing with this now. It never really comes up as a discussed issue even though it affects quite a lot of people and we're looking down the barrell of another 3+ months of this

We've done 10 months of this, what's another 3?

And, if you're being cautious, it's longer than 3 months before we see significant drops in the metrics we need

Us cautious Singletons will hopefully be riding like the clappers again come September though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

A year and half is a very long time to wait if you’re looking to settle down or for something serious, depending on age. Actually age aside it’s a really long time if you want to meet someone.

I haven’t had much interest in dating lately, but I did go on a few during the summer and in the autumn.
    I’m 29, if I was a few years older I wouldn’t have been wasting any time or waiting at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I am single but I am sort of off the market since last March. But hopefully be back on the market when I get a vaccine and when most public health restrictions are lifted. And when all pubs are allowed to open and social distancing goes out the window. Male 49 years Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Been chatting to a guy in Tinder, he lives alone so I’m not doing too much wrong if I visit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    We've done 10 months of this, what's another 3?

And, if you're being cautious, it's longer than 3 months before we see significant drops in the metrics we need

Us cautious Singletons will hopefully be riding like the clappers again come September though

Another 3 months makes it over a year, that's a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Never had any luck on tinder before the pandemic so not much has changed. I'm waiting until yoga classes and dogging can start back up safely.

Another 3 months makes it over a year, that's a long time.

Yes of course

But there's a new, much more contagious variant on the loose and one in every 20 cases (across all ages) have Long Covid. They're shíte odds to be dating new people right now tbh

Everyone needs to do their own risk assessment on things and that's kinda where I'm at for now

'm waiting until yoga classes and dogging can start back up safely.

Lol

It's Friday night

I just opened Tinder for the first time in ages and then closed it again. Sure what's the point for now eh?

Things we'll never take for granted again:
    • Travel
    • Hugging loved ones
    • Festivals
    • Dating/The Ride

It's Friday night

I just opened Tinder for the first time in ages and then closed it again. Sure what's the point for now eh?

Things we'll never take for granted again:
    • Travel
    • Hugging loved ones
    • Festivals
    • Dating/The Ride
    Until next year.

It's Friday night

You could go on a socially distanced date and let her pull your baguette

JH5BxdE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

It's certainly an interesting one and probably not brought up enough. I would think a lot of people are back out there now dating, there's only so long you can wait. Certainly not 12 months +

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Mate of mine became single after 2 years recently, 35. Been on Tinder and Bumble recently, says like when he was last on it a few years ago you would get your 100 swipes and you would get at least 3 or 4 back same as I would back when I was on, whether they bothered talking back or not. .

Says he's been on it a week and got maybe a dozen swipe backs, and pretty much no convo out of them. Not like he has gained 7 stone or his hairline has dramatically receded in the last two years anyway, photo wise.

Have things got so hopeless re something to do and somewhere to go women have just given up even giving "likes" and are just scrolling it hitting No out of boredom? Has the government broken the will of the people this badly?

Even he is of the opinion of where would you bring a bird. No pubs, the weather generally has been the worst winter in decades. Unless she's dying for the ride particularly badly going to a random man's house from the internet isn't really most Irish women's style.

Also said Tinder has got ridiculously clunky and almost impossible to use without giving them 20 quid. Likes can now be hidden behind a paywall rather than showing instantly- if he gives a bird a like, if she isn't a paying customer she may well not even see his profile. Of his dozen swipe backks, 6 or 7 were in the first day, it's like they deliberately send out your profile on the first day, then give you feck all matches to try to convince you to upgrade packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Mate of mine became single after 2 years recently, 35. Been on Tinder and Bumble recently, says like when he was last on it a few years ago you would get your 100 swipes and you would get at least 3 or 4 back same as I would back when I was on, whether they bothered talking back or not. .

Says he's been on it a week and got maybe a dozen swipe backs, and pretty much no convo out of them. Not like he has gained 7 stone or his hairline has dramatically receded in the last two years anyway, photo wise.

Have things got so hopeless re something to do and somewhere to go women have just given up even giving "likes" and are just scrolling it hitting No out of boredom? Has the government broken the will of the people this badly?

Even he is of the opinion of where would you bring a bird. No pubs, the weather generally has been the worst winter in decades. Unless she's dying for the ride particularly badly going to a random man's house from the internet isn't really most Irish women's style.

Also said Tinder has got ridiculously clunky and almost impossible to use without giving them 20 quid. Likes can now be hidden behind a paywall rather than showing instantly- if he gives a bird a like, if she isn't a paying customer she may well not even see his profile. Of his dozen swipe backks, 6 or 7 were in the first day, it's like they deliberately send out your profile on the first day, then give you feck all matches to try to convince you to upgrade packages.

Tinder is not as easy as it was years ago, it's rigged now. If you pay the money to see the likes they will be women on the other side of the country. Plenty of women on there for an ego boost and to pass the time or promote Instagram too.

All it's good for now is lowering your self esteem

It's funny though you can barely get a match with a fat one with 3 kids here but if you set your location to the Dominican Republic you will instantly get matched with gorgeous women. I think ill move there lol

You know you're having your longest dry spell ever and you need more caffeine when you at first read this headline as:

"You’ll feel like fingering your TV against the wall"

When it actually said

Behind Her Eyes review: 'You’ll feel like flinging your TV against the wall'

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-reviews/behind-her-eyes-review-youll-feel-like-flinging-your-tv-against-the-wall-40117023.html

• Advertisement

Sex and covid.
    the Terrence Higgins Trust recommends not kissing, wearing a face mask during sex and favouring positions where you're not face-to-face

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-53736087

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Extra option added for latecomers to the thread....

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

I'm not dating for at least another year, we're only going to tip the scales again in favour of the virus.

Admittedly I do have empathy for younger men and women who are looking to sow their wild oats and have kids.

I think that's the hardest part, especially a woman and a msn who wants to have a kid and her biological clock is ticking since last March and herself and her boyfriend are living miles away from each other, and they can't meet until there's a vaccine.
    That's a tough one.
    Or young men and women missing out on that drink and sex fuelled weekend in Liverpool or Galway or even Newcastle.
    All that is in the past now, part of history.
    No more weekenders for the lads and ladies, just stay at home and chat via wattsap or face time etc.
    Technology is great isn't it, in time's like this where would we be without it.

A few gay friend's of mine are missing their holidays in Gran canaria, they always had a great time over there.
    Meeting loads of people, having a laugh, group hugs etc...

Grindr is only used for chatting now, there's nobody meeting up anymore.
    Supposedly they're losing money too and have increased the price of premium membership.
    Plenty of fish are acting the maggots too, now nobody can see who looked at their profile.
    This only came into effect a week or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

iagreebut wrote: »
    I'm not dating for at least another year, we're only going to tip the scales again in favour of the virus.

Admittedly I do have empathy for younger men and women who are looking to sow their wild oats and have kids.

I think that's the hardest part, especially a woman and a msn who wants to have a kid and her biological clock is ticking since last March and herself and her boyfriend are living miles away from each other, and they can't meet until there's a vaccine.
    That's a tough one.
    Or young men and women missing out on that drink and sex fuelled weekend in Liverpool or Galway or even Newcastle.
    All that is in the past now, part of history.
    No more weekenders for the lads and ladies, just stay at home and chat via wattsap or face time etc.
    Technology is great isn't it, in time's like this where would we be without it.

A few gay friend's of mine are missing their holidays in Gran canaria, they always had a great time over there.
    Meeting loads of people, having a laugh, group hugs etc...

Grindr is only used for chatting now, there's nobody meeting up anymore.
    Supposedly they're losing money too and have increased the price of premium membership.
    Plenty of fish are acting the maggots too, now nobody can see who looked at their profile.
    This only came into effect a week or two ago.

I would say most couples who are living apart are finding some way to meet. How do you keep a relationship going if you don't.

Riodej1578 wrote: »
    I would say most couples who are living apart are finding some way to meet. How do you keep a relationship going if you don't.

They can't meet, we're in a lockdown and have to use an app or something.
    It's sad but there's no other choice.
    If they get caught going outside their 5k they're going to get in trouble and could be endangering each others lives and the lives of others and their vunerable friend's and loved ones.

This is a killer disease, there's no other way other than meeting virtually.
    When restrictions are lifted and until they get vaccinated and both have a test to verify that they are negative there's no way they should meet up.

Maybe both wear a mask if they're meeting up, and stay 2 m apart, that's very important.

They'll have to self isolate for two weeks, then get another test just to be sure that they don't have Covid.
    Meet up.
    Then isolate for two weeks again, because who's to know that either has been in contact with you we're being told that we could be harming others unbeknownst to ourselves, then get another test before they go back into the community.

This is serious, we're in a pandemic.

Keep up the social distancing, it's the only way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

They can't meet, we're in a lockdown and have to use an app or something.
    It's sad but there's no other choice.
    If they get caught going outside their 5k they're going to get in trouble and could be endangering each others lives and the lives of others and their vunerable friend's and loved ones.

This is a killer disease, there's no other way other than meeting virtually.
    When restrictions are lifted and until they get vaccinated and both have a test to verify that they are negative there's no way they should meet up.

Maybe both wear a mask if they're meeting up, and stay 2 m apart, that's very important.

They'll have to self isolate for two weeks, then get another test just to be sure that they don't have Covid.
    Meet up.
    Then isolate for two weeks again, because who's to know that either has been in contact with you we're being told that we could be harming others unbeknownst to ourselves, then get another test before they go back into the community.

This is serious, we're in a pandemic.

Keep up the social distancing, it's the only way.

2/10. Abysmal trolling level.

Either that or you're a PBP voter. As hard leftists and teachers are the only people aged under 60 remotely afraid of Covid (or claim to be).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Riodej1578 wrote: »

Every couple I know are still seeing each other, even if they are following every single other rule to a tee.

In fairness expecting couples to go 14 weeks without seeing each other (by the time April comes around) is completely unrealistic.
    That’s almost a quarter of the year and it just isn’t sustainable, especially when you factor in the two lockdowns last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

When you realise that puritanism is being advocated for by the covid restrictions crowd, you have to wonder if your own support for restrictions is actually hysterical. Some of us realised this nearly a year ago but more are now realising that a lot of those saying "practice social distancing, even if that means no dating for a year or so", are totally unhinged weirdos.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Every couple I know are still seeing each other, even if they are following every single other rule to a tee.

In fairness expecting couples to go 14 weeks without seeing each other (by the time April comes around) is completely unrealistic.
    That’s almost a quarter of the year and it just isn’t sustainable, especially when you factor in the two lockdowns last year.

Well they should adhere to the guidelines, don't travel further than 5k to meet wear a mask and keep their distance.

If they're going against the rules and guidelines and they really love each other and for the safety of their vunerable loved ones, they're not helping to flatten the curve.

• Advertisement

Well they should adhere to the guidelines, don't travel further than 5k to meet wear a mask and keep their distance.

If they're going against the rules and guidelines and they really love each other and for the safety of their vunerable loved ones, they're not helping to flatten the curve.

Meh, you have to live your life. COVID is just another thing to deal with and get past.
    I wouldn't let something like this ruin a serious relationship and prevent me from spending time with the person I love.

Advertisement