Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating during the Coronavirus lockdown

Options

Comments

iagreebut wrote: »
    Well they should adhere to the guidelines, don't travel further than 5k to meet wear a mask and keep their distance.

If they're going against the rules and guidelines and they really love each other and for the safety of their vunerable loved ones, they're not helping to flatten the curve.

You have said it twice now so I shall ask, what 5km limit? There's only a 5km for exercise. It doesn't apply to any other activity. Meeting your partner is either deemed 'essential' or it's not, there's no distance limit until group exercise is allowed again and I dunno if bumping uglies, sweat or not, is considered exercise.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

You have said it twice now so I shall ask, what 5km limit? There's only a 5km for exercise. It doesn't apply to any other activity. Meeting your partner is either deemed 'essential' or it's not, there's no distance limit until group exercise is allowed again and I dunno if bumping uglies, sweat or not, is considered exercise.

It's actually considered not essential meeting your partner.

You see that's the big issue here, it's not a good enough excuse to say you're meeting your partner.

That's how fcked up it's gone,if I drove from Kerry to Clare got stopped in Limerick and asked where am I off to ?

I'm visiting my girlfriend/boyfriend guard... that's non essential 100 Euro fine now turn around and go home.

So the 5k limit is for exercise, there has to be a loophole then .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BuCkoTroN

Well they should adhere to the guidelines, don't travel further than 5k to meet wear a mask and keep their distance.

If they're going against the rules and guidelines and they really love each other and for the safety of their vunerable loved ones, they're not helping to flatten the curve.

Well that is easy to say for people who live with each or live within the 5k limit of their partner.

I got dumped last week as a result of these poxy restrictions.

My ex girlfriend lived in a different county and we were following the rules quite strictly, as we both have parents who fall in the vulnerable category we agreed not to chance it.

We tried our best to keep in touch, do online activities etc.

What wound up happening she grew distant and her feelings changed towards love as a friend.

It's great for people to say that if people really love each other they can weather this, it's not that straight forward as that sadly.

It's way too much to ask and I resent that people thinking that people meeting their partner is not essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

You see that's the big issue here, it's not a good enough excuse to say you're meeting your partner.

That's how fcked up it's gone,if I drove from Kerry to Clare got stopped in Limerick and asked where am I off to ?

I'm visiting my girlfriend/boyfriend guard... that's non essential 100 Euro fine now turn around and go home.

Would you say the same thing if it was a parent going weeks without seeing their child because of these restrictions?

Would you say the same thing if it was a parent going weeks without seeing their child because of these restrictions?

I cannot go against the guidelines laid out by Nephet, I think they're doing what's best for us and we're being told it's for the greater good.
    These people care about our culture and well being.

I think you can add your family members as part of your support bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

Poor trolling

Riodej1578 wrote: »
    Poor trolling

How am I trolling,is it not against the charter to accuse someone of trooling ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

batman_oh wrote: »
    Just had a look through the new 'plan' and it seems that inter county travel is not permitted until we hit level 2 - as opposed to Level 3 last summer (Dublin never made 2 as far as I know).
    Seeing as they have level 5 until 5th April with very gradual easing after that, it's going to be a long time before that kicks in. Absolute shambles of a government.

Looks like its 6 months + of not seeing a partner in another county if the government had their way

Totally unrealistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Just in case anybody is taking this fella seriously, which you shouldn't be, you are all aware that you are legally allowed outside 5km if you have one other household as a "support bubble"?

Technically both you and this household are meant to both be people that live alone, but I don't see how a lack of affordable non shared housing is our problem, so work away.

Just in case anybody is taking this fella seriously, which you shouldn't be, you are all aware that you are legally allowed outside 5km if you have one other household as a "support bubble"?

Technically both you and this household are meant to both be people that live alone, but I don't see how a lack of affordable non shared housing is our problem, so work away.

Have you to have proof of the bubble ?

That's interesting, because how are we able to prove our bubble ?
    I can't see how people can prove their bubble or do you have to register your bubble.

As far as I was concerned they'll slap the fine on you if they feel like you're out of your 5k without a valid excuse.

Do you have to prove that you and they live alone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

2/10. Abysmal trolling level.

Either that or you're a PBP voter. As hard leftists and teachers are the only people aged under 60 remotely afraid of Covid (or claim to be).
    Have things got so hopeless re something to do and somewhere to go women have just given up even giving "likes" and are just scrolling it hitting No out of boredom? Has the government broken the will of the people this badly?

2/10. Abysmal delusion level. This is some weird incel-like stuff right here.

Sounds like your "mate" is trying to blame the government for him having the charm of and looking like King Kong's ball*ck. Pretty weak!

"Did ya get the ride last night?"

- "Nah, I was very close but I got rejected! It's all the Government's fault."

I dunno what loophole you are talking about, I wasnt really serious about classing sex as exercise and I know its not essential.

I was asking you why you keep suggesting that meeting your partner is OK within 5km. A suggestion you seem to be keeping with even after acknowleding its incorrect
    As far as I was concerned they'll slap the fine on you if they feel like you're out of your 5k without a valid excuse

AGAIN, theres no 5km personal limit. If the travel is essential, its essential and theres no distance limit. You cannot just meet your friend at home for a chat even if its only 1km away unless its within a bubble.

The bubble by the way is a 'support' bubble. Its for assisting somone with their day to day lives. In your scenario, its not a valid bubble. Considering its on the honour system though, only a complete idiot would get caught

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

AGAIN, theres no 5km personal limit. If the travel is essential, its essential and theres no distance limit. You cannot just meet your friend at home for a chat even if its only 1km away unless its within a bubble.

The bubble by the way is a 'support' bubble. Its for assisting somone with their day to day lives. In your scenario, its not a valid bubble. Considering its on the honour system though, only a complete idiot would get caught

I totally agree with your post, there's all kinds of mixed messages going on.

Some people are suggesting it's ok to meet your boyfriend or girlfriend if you're both over the 5k
    But NPHET the HSE and the government are suggesting it's unsafe to do so.

A support bubble is not for getting intimate now and again and enjoying your partner's company.
    I'm lead to believe that suggesting that this kind of behaviour is potentially harmful to the elderly and vunerable, we're all potentially spreaders and can be carrier's of the virus.

Unless we get tested, cocoon for two weeks,get tested again before we meet.
    Then cocoon for two weeks, get tested again just to be sure .

Am I wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Some people are suggesting it's ok to meet your boyfriend or girlfriend if you're both over the 5k

A support bubble is not for getting intimate now and again and enjoying your partner's company.
    I'm lead to believe that suggesting that this kind of behaviour is potentially harmful to the elderly and vunerable, we're all potentially spreaders and can be carrier's of the virus.

Am I wrong ?

Technically no.

In Lvl5 you're not to meet anyone inside unless you're in a support bubble, and a bubble is meant for helping the elderly or infirm who usually can't look after themselves.

The part I put in bold is incorrect. These guidelines only apply to necessary travel. They don't exist for visiting, because you shouldn't be visiting.

You can meet one person outside for exercise within your 5k, following social distancing.

Buuut.. let's face it. We all have our own risk level.

I meet my gf every week, she comes over to mine and stays the weekend, then goes back to her own place. I'm not going without seeing her for months on end. I'll happily pay the fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    I meet my gf every week, she comes over to mine and stays the weekend, then goes back to her own place. I'm not going without seeing her for months on end. I'll happily pay the fines.

I feel the actual Padre Pio would really flourish in this situation, if he could lay aside the pesky vow of celibacy.:P Wonder would the guards buy the 'bilocation' story though...

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Technically no.

In Lvl5 you're not to meet anyone inside unless you're in a support bubble, and a bubble is meant for helping the elderly or infirm who usually can't look after themselves.

The part I put in bold is incorrect. These guidelines only apply to necessary travel. They don't exist for visiting, because you shouldn't be visiting.

You can meet one person outside for exercise within your 5k, following social distancing.

Buuut.. let's face it. We all have our own risk level.

Well it's your own responsibility and decision I cannot judge your risk assessment because you're both grown adults.
    I'm not here to judge anyone or anything.
    I do feel envious in a way because I'm probably too strident with my decision to stay put and sit it out.

I respect your relationship and the fact you are looking after your relationship and I wish you both well etc

Sometimes I do feel like shooting the breeze but it's someone like me who'd get caught.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    2/10. Abysmal delusion level. This is some weird incel-like stuff right here.

Sounds like your "mate" is trying to blame the government for him having the charm of and looking like King Kong's ball*ck. Pretty weak!

"Did ya get the ride last night?"

- "Nah, I was very close but I got rejected! It's all the Government's fault."

Think I asked you before. You're a close the pubs enthusiast arent you.

It must be absolute hell to be you or anybody like you. Like, lockdown is ****e for everyone, but for those who like the rest of us being in it, it reminds the rest of us that for some people, this is, and always has been, and always will be, their life. I'd hate to be you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @doublejobbing 2 - rein it in with the personal attacks.

• Advertisement

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: @doublejobbing 2 - rein it in with the personal attacks.

What about that Stuffins fella? He just said anyone who thinks the government has broken normal sexual behaviours is some gun toting incel in the Elliot Rodger mould.

A bit of projection no doubt, but still.

That's an interesting one, didn't know of that. Wonder how you prove it if queried. It probably wouldn't be pushed that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What about that Stuffins fella? He just said anyone who thinks the government has broken normal sexual behaviours is some gun toting incel in the Elliot Rodger mould.

Not sure I said that.

But if your mate really thinks that he's not getting Tinder matches because of the Government....... that's a bit weird and directly from the Incel Handbook.

Maybe he's not saying that? Sounds like it is though. And to call it a stretch would be an understatement.

Maybe he'd get more matches if he was more realistic.

Am I wrong ?

I would say it's relatively safe to do so if you're willing to take the risk. Work away and live your life would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

yrsk72nuyzhdkxwnuzhj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I'm starting to see a few proud HCWs say they're vaccinated on their Bumble profile

I think both parties being vaccinated and wanting the vaccination will play a role in future dating

There's no way a pro vaxxer and an anti vaxxer are on the the same page, even if you do need the Ride

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

You can be pro vaccine but still have concerns or issues with the covid vaccine, to be fair. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

For reference, I will get vaccinated as soon as one is available to me. Wouldn’t be too concerned about whether a perspective partner took it or not, so long as I get my own. It certainly wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me.

I think it would depend on how anti vax they are

If they're part of the "5G/Bill Gates wants to chip us" cohort I'd pass

Crazy people are generally great in bed, but there's a line ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

Any COVID compliant First Date ideas? (Not on Zoom). These can be location specific or more general ideas.

• Advertisement

Any COVID compliant First Date ideas? (Not on Zoom). These can be location specific or more general ideas.

The vaccination tent ;)

Advertisement