Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating during the Coronavirus lockdown

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

There ain't any.

Are you willing to go noncompliant ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,137 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    There ain't any.

Are you willing to go noncompliant ?
    I'm willing to go with anything that isn't virtual at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

Any COVID compliant First Date ideas? (Not on Zoom). These can be location specific or more general ideas.

Go on a walk

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

Go on a walk
    Seems like a surefire way to not get a second date though. Anything a bit more... exciting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any COVID compliant First Date ideas? (Not on Zoom). These can be location specific or more general ideas.

couple-love-holds-hands-nbc-600w-1680166105.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Seems like a surefire way to not get a second date though. Anything a bit more... exciting?

Go for a walk somewhere interesting? Beach?
    Or somewhere that does takeaway coffee. Or go for a drive somewhere scenic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If someone has their Instagram handle on Tinder does that mean you are supposed to chat there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Gael23 wrote: »
    If someone has their Instagram handle on Tinder does that mean you are supposed to chat there?

No, not necessarily. Most include their handles to verify that they’re a real person and not a fake profile/stealing photos.
    I appreciate when people include theirs because even if I don’t send them a follow request, they’re a good way of doing a quick background check before agreeing to meet someone.

Some also use it just to gain followers and for attention, but I think they’re in a minority. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Gael23 wrote: »

Many girls add theirs to gain "followers"

They're the kind of people you don't want to meet anyway ;)

I will say though, if a chat is going well on Bumble for me I move it to Instagram DMs after a day or so

It's a far better way of getting to know each other, seeing each other's previous travels etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

Walk in a park

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Go for a walk somewhere interesting? Beach?
    Or somewhere that does takeaway coffee. Or go for a drive somewhere scenic?

That's about as much as it can be at the moment. Just try to mix it up and get to different places. Restaurants and pubs can't open up quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

Treasure Trails or scavenger hunt

I know this one is available in the North - have done a few of them and they are quite good

https://www.treasuretrails.co.uk/

This seems similar but via a smart phone
    https://www.mycityhunt.ie/scavenger-hunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I'm starting to see a few proud HCWs say they're vaccinated on their Bumble profile

I think both parties being vaccinated and wanting the vaccination will play a role in future dating

There's no way a pro vaxxer and an anti vaxxer are on the the same page, even if you do need the Ride

Yep. I ignore any matches where I've seen the person wearing a mask on their social media. Chances are they are annoying af.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Yep. I ignore any matches where I've seen the person wearing a mask on their social media. Chances are they are annoying af.
    They're less likely to give you covid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

Ficheall wrote: »
    They're less likely to give you covid though.

I'm not worried about getting Covid.

I'm not worried about getting Covid.
    I hope you tell the lucky lads/ladies that.

I hope you tell the lucky lads/ladies that.

Plenty done give a toss anymore. I'm sure keen to get on with their lives.

Riodej1578 wrote: »
    Plenty done give a toss anymore. I'm sure keen to get on with their lives.
    I know that, aye, but it's common courtesy to check you're both honestly on the same page re precautions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I know that, aye, but it's common courtesy to check you're both honestly on the same page re precautions.

I think there's a difference between someone who wears a mask and someone who feels the need to put it on their social media. Likely to be preachy

AdamD wrote: »
    I think there's a difference between someone who wears a mask and someone who feels the need to put it on their social media. Likely to be preachy
    Not denying that possibility. I was referring to QB not caring if they caught covid, and was hoping they would inform their prospective partners of that, lest they be misled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

As we all (thankfully!) get closer to getting fully vaccinated*, will you be dating more in coming months?

Obviously some people have been meeting potential new partners outdoors (or even indoors) for months now. But I think this Summer will see a massive upswing in dating

(* if you're anti vax and want to reply, please save us all your grandstanding and take it elsewhere, thanks)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Not unless I suddenly start getting matches on Tinder and Bumble. I might try socially distanced speed dating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I have to look after one ill parent and the second who is going in for foot surgery for the next six weeks. The latter was sprung on me. Looks like I'll be missing out on the after-COVID dating banquet.

Advertisement