Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Installing Copper on FTTH Order?

• 20-03-2020 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks - Just wondering if it is "normal" for Eir to install copper for an FTTH order that's near the exchange? This is what KN are telling me.
    Seemingly fibre will then be installed at a later date.
    I'm on the Rural 300k Rollout and showing as Live and available on Fibrerollout.ie. Interestingly Airwire checker shows Fibre as not available.
    I ordered FTTH without a phone line from Eir. Are they fudging their numbers by claiming FTTH is live and then fulfilling with old copper technology? Just wondering if I am being given a pig in a poke and if there is anything I should/could do without disappearing into the Eir/KN/OpenEir abyss. That said I'm currently stuck with Sat broadband so will happily embrace said pig in poke.
    Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

No fibre is fibre all the way from the exchange to your house, hence FTTh Fibre to the Home But to get you BB they may use copper and then if so it should be a lot cheaper, could take ages for FTTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is likely Eir sales being clowns. If they can't submit an order they just do an NLP for a phone line because that used to be the way to do things for ADSL. No use for FTTH.

If your eircode isnt passing, its not passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 burkest88

ED E wrote: »
    This is likely Eir sales being clowns. If they can't submit an order they just do an NLP for a phone line because that used to be the way to do things for ADSL. No use for FTTH.

If your eircode isnt passing, its not passing.

Quite possible. It does pass on fibrerollout.ie though is the thing so presumably they're counting it now towards completion of their rural 300k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its possible if you were very recently enabled that the APQ hasnt been integrated into any of the retailers sales systems yet. But airwire normally have it within a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 burkest88

ED E wrote: »
    Its possible if you were very recently enabled that the APQ hasnt been integrated into any of the retailers sales systems yet. But airwire normally have it within a day or two.

Yeah they are very quick to be fair, but it's up on fibrerollout since December.

• Advertisement
Advertisement