Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Everyday Racism"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

That’s their problem. Get on with your own life.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

We're in for the shock of our lives..how grateful these people are

Screen-Shot-2020-05-31-at-15-57-39.png

That’s gratitude for you. The mass immigration of the past twenty years is proving to be as big a mistake up there with Diarmait Mac Murchada asking Strongbow for a dig out.

GetWithIt wrote: »
    That’s their problem. Get on with your own life.

Might be easier said then down when there’s a growing number of people who openly despise the native Irish people.

We are importing social and ethnic strife and for what? Majority of them don’t even work!

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1107/1009164-esri_migrants/

We literally pay for the majority of them to live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Cultural diversity.

Up to, arguably, the 90s we had a mono-culture. A society ran by old white men, for the benefit of themselves and who they favoured. Comely maidens dancing at the crossroads and priests sodomising kids behind the protection of that society.

It’s not a binary thing. Society is what we make of it. But I know I’m far more comfortable with where we are and where we’re going, than where we’ve come from.

I've yet to meet a person who isn't happy that paedos aren't abusing kids but what exactly has that to do with this topic?

We would have stamped that out without any foreigner having set foot here, actually now that I think of it we have another issue to deal with which is bringing medieval African traditions like FGM to these shores.

Multiculturalism has been a complete failure all over Europe and it will be the same story here.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

The weirdest thing about all of this is that we've voluntarily done it ourselves.

We're an Island in North West Europe, far away from Africa and its issues. Not even involved in them as a country in the past.

And yet we've brought all these people here, given them homes, welfare and for what? To have them hate us, tell us that Ireland is going to become Africa in 20 years, to travel up and down the DART line to rampage a small town on the weekend?

What do we gain from this?

You get to sip your latter and pat yourself on the back. Very progressive of you!

Silly British had they just applied legally would have saved a ton of hassle lol.

• Advertisement

Even Angela Merkel admitted that multiculturalism is a failed ideology. Mad to think some folk are still supportive of such a disaster of an ideology.

It’s a proven failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nesta2018

Cultural diversity.

Up to, arguably, the 90s we had a mono-culture. A society ran by old white men, for the benefit of themselves and who they favoured. Comely maidens dancing at the crossroads and priests sodomising kids behind the protection of that society.

It’s not a binary thing. Society is what we make of it. But I know I’m far more comfortable with where we are and where we’re going, than where we’ve come from.

How old are you? I remember the feeling of hope and optimism as the economy picked up in the mid 1990s, as there were jobs and opportunities that never existed before. I remember people staying here instead of having to emigrate, the feeling of openness and people coming here to work instead of leaving for the first time. We were always going to become more multicultural as our booming economy attracted newcomers.

We did it ourselves, with the help of the EU. Our economy or culture did not require unemployed Africans or Brazilian rickshaw drivers or Islamic extremists. Immigration could have been far better managed and the asylum scam could have been nipped in the bud very early on.

It's not a binary thing you say, yet you're happy to depict Ireland pre 1990s in such a cartoonish way. To say Ireland was run by "old white men" - who on earth was supposed to have been running the place instead, elderly black women? In an island on the northwest of Europe? This is American discourse you're coming out with, and it doesn't fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭sonic85

Anybody who isnt Irish and who openly promotes all this divisive **** should be deported back to their country of origin ASAP. Fcukin hell lads we dont need this sh!t. We should be promoting peace and harmony and working together to try build a better country - not taking the worst bits of ideology from other nations and shoehorning it into our country making life worse for everybody.

If someone doesn't like this country then fcuk off. There are flights leaving every day of the week. I certainly didn't ask you to come here and I definitely didn't ask for the problems and issues you've brought with you. This country has its issues but it isnt a sh!thole yet - we can nip these problems in the bud before they get worse and we end up going down a road that we cant come back from. I just cant understand how theres so much hate and scumbaggery in the world. We can do better than this. Sorry for the rant - I just get so frustrated reading about all this crap.

Get used to it. It's going to get a lot worse, because nobody wants to make the hard decisions. (Neither the politicians, or the electorate)

It's just going to be pushed on to the next generation to fix, and the next, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Cultural diversity.

It is really messed up to attack Ireland for being run by people of fair skin. Yes it would have been good to have more female politicians but we always had diversity in the political class (religion, culture etc). Dev was mixed race ffs.
    Comely maidens dancing at the crossroads
    Dev never said that.
    priests sodomising kids behind the protection of that society.
    was the norm across the world and is still the norm in many countries. I am digressing but in Afghanistan abuse against boys isn't even something hidden. Europe including Ireland and the US were the pioneers in trying to stamp it out. If you are going to criticise Ireland of yesteryear can you at least be accurate in your characterisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Even Angela Merkel admitted that multiculturalism is a failed ideology. Mad to think some folk are still supportive of such a disaster of an ideology.

It’s a proven failure.

And all she's done is continue with mass immigration with an even more accelerated rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Get used to it. It's going to get a lot worse, because nobody wants to make the hard decisions. (Neither the politicians, or the electorate)

It's just going to be pushed on to the next generation to fix, and the next, and so on.
    Our birth rates are declining and immigration from those regions isn't decreasing.

It will be pushed to the next generation until eventually we are the problem. And regrettably, they won't hesitate.

sonic85 wrote: »
    Anybody who isnt Irish and who openly promotes all this divisive **** should be deported back to their country of origin ASAP. Fcukin hell lads we dont need this sh!t. We should be promoting peace and harmony and working together to try build a better country - not taking the worst bits of ideology from other nations and shoehorning it into our country making life worse for everybody.

If someone doesn't like this country then fcuk off. There are flights leaving every day of the week. I certainly didn't ask you to come here and I definitely didn't ask for the problems and issues you've brought with you. This country has its issues but it isnt a sh!thole yet - we can nip these problems in the bud before they get worse and we end up going down a road that we cant come back from. I just cant understand how theres so much hate and scumbaggery in the world. We can do better than this. Sorry for the rant - I just get so frustrated reading about all this crap.

Our Politicians and judges would need to grow some spines first. If these traitors weren't getting richer off of this then this whole scam would have been stopped years ago.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Our Politicians and judges would need to grow some spines first. If these traitors weren't getting richer off of this then this whole scam would have been stopped years ago.
    The issue is that it'll soon get to the point that our politicians will be members of such communities, and will have a strong loyalty to their people. Unlike ours.

We'll also have such a significant % of people in our population that will riot if we do anything to restrict incoming immigration from their communities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

The guy should be ashamed of himself.

It's not going to make the guards job any easier if this is the shape of things to come when they try to arrest someone.

Yeah I saw the video today - maybe we should send this imbecile to the US if he wants to learn what real police brutality is? The ****in state of him.

The issue is that it'll soon get to the point that our politicians will be members of such communities, and will have a strong loyalty to their people. Unlike ours.

We'll also have such a significant % of people in our population that will riot if we do anything to restrict incoming immigration from their communities.

Yep. They'll start running candidates and once they start winning the Irish will be on the outside looking in inside their own Country.

It will take a Civil War to fix this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Cultural diversity.

priests sodomising kids behind the protection of that society.

They have a big big problem with sections of the community sodomising kids across the water, something that totally eclipses what happened in Ireland. And this is the result of 'Where they are going as a society' namely immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

This is it exactly, and its also completely natural. Of course they will have loyalty to their own people, thats the natural order of things and theres nobody to blame really. And it is the reason why Multiculturalism doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

It will be pushed to the next generation until eventually we are the problem. And regrettably, they won't hesitate.
    What do you mean? Class warfare stuff?

Supposedly Brexit was about reducing immigration, I am not sure that it was but anyway huge numbers of non whites voted for it. So it isnt a given that they would never vote to restrict immigration.

Supposedly Brexit was about reducing immigration, I am not sure that it was but anyway huge numbers of non whites voted for it. So it isnt a given that they would never vote to restrict immigration.

They voted for restricting EU immigrants and instead having more of their own kin arriving.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/15/brexit-lies-curry-vote-leave-restaurant-industry

• Advertisement

Yep. They'll start running candidates and once they start winning the Irish will be on the outside looking in inside their own Country.

Exactly. And you'll have situations like Lutfur Rahman and the Tower Hamlets election fraud scandal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47535867

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Racism, it's a horrible way to be.

It confuses me sometimes, because some people are absolute hypocrites.

You've some people who are really anti racism, but yet they protest against one whole nation of people who are surrounded by a lot of enemies and not knowing the whole story.

You've people who boycott products from businesses from a country in the middle east, obviously these businesses have workers who have to support their families and local economy.
    But yet people boycott their products and go out protesting against the nation rather than the establishment.

Imagine the known world for thousands of years have chased these people all over the middle east, thousands of them went to the gas chambers. Little did they know that in 2020 people in a small village in Ireland are boycotting their great-grandchildren...

No doubt what's happening in Palestine is wrong, but don't take it out on the people...

https://clarechampion.ie/kinvara-boycott-israeli-goods/

Is this racism or just a bunch of misfits trying to get attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Yeah I saw the video today - maybe we should send this imbecile to the US if he wants to learn what real police brutality is? The ****in state of him.

The Guards are in an impossible situation when a black guy gets in their face, if they try to do anything he will play the race card.

Seems to be lost on him that if circumstances were different he would be living in a shanty town in Africa instead of Salthill and if he spoke to the cops there like he did in the video he would be in for the beating of his life.

I'm getting sick of the disrespect being shown to our country and people.

The Guards are in an impossible situation when a black guy gets in their face, if they try to do anything he will play the race card.

Seems to be lost on him that if circumstances were different he would be living in a shanty town in Africa instead of Salthill and if he spoke to the cops there like he did in the video he would be in for the beating of his life.

Yes, and our authorities bear the blame. It is an enormous privilege to be granted residence and citizenship of a wealthy peaceful democratic country with a welfare state like Ireland, and that should have been impressed on newcomers from the start, particularly those who came here through claiming asylum. It should have been impressed on them that they have responsibilities as well as rights, and citizenship should only have been granted under certain strict conditions.

Look at these pamphlets created for Jewish refugees in Britain fleeing Nazi persecution. They were aimed at people who were genuine refugees, who had suffered great loss, trauma and displacement, yet there is still the expectation that they will fit into British society and that they must be informed what are cultural norms and what is expected of them. We have moved so far from this that it's ridiculous, and we are reaping the results.

https://www.wienerlibrary.co.uk/Refugee-Pamphlets

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Our birth rates are declining and immigration from those regions isn't decreasing.

This is what Current Affairs has become. A place where tinfoil hatters crywank about the destruction of white Ireland.

osarusan wrote: »
    This is what Current Affair has become. A place where tinfoil hatters crywank about the destruction of Ireland.

Not really. It's more the case of people seeing what's happening in other countries and believing that it will also happen here.

Not a terrible attitude per se, although I would agree that some of the attitudes lean too much to the extremes. Still, the effects of immigration/multiculturalism are being felt in many countries and should serve as a warning. Alas, often suggestions that we be more careful is linked to paranoia, or racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The weirdest thing about all of this is that we've voluntarily done it ourselves.

We're an Island in North West Europe, far away from Africa and its issues. Not even involved in them as a country in the past.

And yet we've brought all these people here, given them homes, welfare and for what? To have them hate us, tell us that Ireland is going to become Africa in 20 years, to travel up and down the DART line to rampage a small town on the weekend?

What do we gain from this?

A sense of atonement for the sins of being evil white people, of course. All those years we were opressing Africans, with our Trocaire boxes and what have you and we didnt even know it! Thankfully we now have a generation of college graduates to educate us about this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I see it last year in a video recorded here. A black youth was getting arrested for carrying a machete and had a balaclava on. He was supposedly on his way to make a " rap video " . Well there was a big scene when they tried to arrest him and his mother came out and started calling the cops racist .

I recently watched a pod cast with a retired police officer from London. He was talking about black gangs , knife crime etc. When knife crime would go up in a certain area , they used to go in and carry out a lot of stop and searches and the knife crime would go down. Well politicians started complaining saying the police were racist for mainly targeting black people . So the police had to stop doing it, Well if 90 % of the knife crime in London is committed by black people ,well that's who the police should target. Look how many black youths were murdered in London last year , not by the police but by other black people and yet they blame everyone else , police , society , racism etc

They voted to restrict EU immigration. And as we're seeing now, immigration from India is at an all time high for the UK.

So.. They're doing exactly what I'm saying they will do.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    This is what Current Affairs has become. A place where tinfoil hatters crywank about the destruction of white Ireland.
    No, I'm talking about the destruction of Irish Ireland. Never once said 'white'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement