Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Everyday Racism"

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Not working.

16% unemployment in the African population here, but I suppose thats white paddys fault as well.

16% Ebun Joseph said on the Ray D'Arcy show that the figure was up to 63%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Not so clever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Not so clever

Whoever did that doesn't know how to spell black. It's says BLAaCK. There was definitely two As there.

owlbethere wrote: »
    Also someone on the news mixing up what's happening in America with direct provision here in Ireland calling on our government to end direct provision here in Ireland. What exactly does she mean by this? When people come here seeking asylum, the government has to provide accommodation for them. Does she want direct provision centres to close down? Does she want the asylum Seekers to seek out their own rental accommodation or does she want asylum Seekers to be given houses to live in by the government? I mean, we can't even house our own people for crying out loud. Or does she want no immigration controls and open borders? Protecting our country and our people and our livelihoods from an influx of people from outside the EU is not racism.

It tends to be the case with those pushing this kind of "moral" agenda, that they're big on demands, and short on details. It's up to someone else to actually find a practical solution... because they couldn't really give a toss. Regardless of what happens, they'll continue to have a platform to complain from.

But that's the thing I've noticed from those criticizing DP, our migrant policy, or even the racial issues in Ireland. They're big on the statements but there's no real contributions in terms of actual answers to the problem. They're fine with pointing out the problems (real or not) but extremely short on the answers.

Especially the biggest answer of them all. Who will pay for it all? And for how long?

And when it comes down to other people suggesting realistic resolutions, they're dismissed as unfair, racist, or some other excuse. Why? Because it doesn't match their fantasy.

I would genuinely love to hear a detailed explanation from these groups as to what would replace DP or what would happen without any form of DP.... along with some real research into the long-term effects on Irish society regarding such migration (without DP). It's not as if they don't have a long list of "multicultural" nations to draw their data from.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,253 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Today's and Monday's protests should be enough to destroy the "Blacks are Oppressed in Ireland" The fact that they're allowed to protest in the middle of a pandemic lockdown and nobody in the Govt and media raises an eyebrow proves they're not oppressed here.

Dr Tony has repeatedly called on people not to organise and not to attend, but Professional Activists, Arts students and soap-shy folk think they know better.

How many wildcat protests do they need to hold? 2? 10? 20? Where is this supposed to go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gatling wrote: »
    But we're not dealing with deinstitutionalisation for disability,
    We're dealing with bogus asylum seekers and the cost to taxpayers to support the lifestyle choices they make ,

It would be definitely cheaper if we reformed the system so that bogus asylum seekers are removed from the state as soon as humanly possible rather than after 10+ years of expensive legal actions again funded by the tax payer

We're talking about directly comparable deinstitutionalisation.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I would disagree here. Africa is enormous, and it has very low population densities. Africa has the highest amount of underused farmland, and this factors out the vast number of national parks. Much of the tropical regions are not suitable for draught animals so where people can not afford tractors, they plough by hoe. In Europe even 6,000 years ago we weren't ploughing with hoes. So when they get to stage of adopting tractors, there is a huge leap. The point is that the continent has an enormous capacity to increase food production and it has been successfully increasing food production. Climate change is not a problem because there is a lot of potential to adjust to drought-tolerant crops like sorghum. However, people always want to advance so the pull factors to Europe will indeed grow over time and it does risk Europe's stability as well as causing enormous inequality here.

Africa has the duo problems of Christianity, and Tribal witchdoctor cultures. In both cases, birth control is seen as being wrong. Which is why you will find families with 8-10 children. And yes, many of those children will die before reaching adulthood, but there are plenty of families where they do... especially in the various nations which have achieved a small amount of social/political stability, and some measure of economic success. But even without those successes, you'll still find large families in poor regions... because having children brings wealth. Daughters to be sold off in marriage, and sons to work (bringing in a wage).

Africans are going to migrate for many reasons. Political/social instability, famines even when lands are fertile, corruption is rife, military insurrections along with kidnappings for child soldiers, disease, genocide, etc. Africa as a continent is pretty ****ed.... because while there have been periods of stability for a variety of nations, invariably a neighbor decides they want a portion of that success, and will take it by force.

Which means they're going to leave looking for someplace else. Other African nations will take in some, but they're limited by their own success and racial/cultural history. Then, there's the M.East, but many Africans are Christian (of one type or another), and won't want to live in a Muslim nation. The others who might be Muslims themselves, won't see much value in moving to the M.East, because it's just as unstable as Africa. We can thank the US, in part, for that. America is too far for most, but Europe isn't. The Med isn't too great a difficulty, especially when they hear of the NGO's willing to help some of them... which means many more will come hoping that they'll find another way.

Africa's birthrate will continue to rise because they've never had a reason to limit it. Culturally/traditionally, more children is logical. Religiously, they have an obligation to have more children. And many of them aren't educated to the extent, that they understand the economic consequences of such actions.. therefore, they're only thinking of themselves, and not the whole population doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Whoever did that doesn't know how to spell black. It's says BLAaCK. There was definitely two As there.

Eh yep,hence my comment

We're talking about directly comparable deinstitutionalisation.

Okay. How many people are on disability in Ireland, and the projected increase in numbers over... say 15 years?

Now. How many people are currently on DP, and the projected increase on
    migrant (asylum, refugees, and economic migrants) numbers over 15 years?

I'd be surprised if the numbers on disability come even remotely close to the other number, but I'm definitely open to being informed.

Then (with that info), we can compare the costs regarding welfare at that point, since we'd have an idea of the numbers of people involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

16% Ebun Joseph said on the Ray D'Arcy show that the figure was up to 63%

But...But....But... Leo said these were our doctors and lawyers and engineers. And they would pay our pensions.

I guarantee none of that 63% has to attend Turas Nua.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Okay. How many people are on disability in Ireland, and the projected increase in numbers over... say 15 years?

Now. How many people are currently on DP, and the projected increase on
    migrant (asylum, refugees, and economic migrants) numbers over 15 years?

I'd be surprised if the numbers on disability come even remotely close to the other number, but I'm definitely open to being informed.

Then (with that info), we can compare the costs regarding welfare at that point, since we'd have an idea of the numbers of people involved...

No.... I'm not talking about people on disability allowance. Deinstitutionalisation of large-scale disability institutions into smaller community centres ends up working much cheaper in the end.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No.... I'm not talking about people on disability allowance. Deinstitutionalisation of large-scale disability institutions into smaller community centres ends up working much cheaper in the end.

It's be far easier for you to tell us Joey, what do you think white people have that people of colour (if that is the politically acceptable description allowed this month) don't have?

What rights do I have, as a straight white Irish man, that others who are legally in this country don't have in order for you to claim that there is systemic racism in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

I would disagree here. Africa is enormous, and it has very low population densities. Africa has the highest amount of underused farmland, and this factors out the vast number of national parks. Much of the tropical regions are not suitable for draught animals so where people can not afford tractors, they plough by hoe. In Europe even 6,000 years ago we weren't ploughing with hoes. So when they get to stage of adopting tractors, there is a huge leap. The point is that the continent has an enormous capacity to increase food production and it has been successfully increasing food production. Climate change is not a problem because there is a lot of potential to adjust to drought-tolerant crops like sorghum. However, people always want to advance so the pull factors to Europe will indeed grow over time and it does risk Europe's stability as well as causing enormous inequality here.

It's in the west's (and china's) interest to keep Africa destabilised. The last thing they want is for Africa to become prosperous, modern, and therefore a threat to Western hegemony. There's a new scramble for Africa and the major powers want their resources. Its better for them to import the youth of Africa to Europe and America in order to contribute to the consumerist and debt based ponzi scheme which is in danger of collapsing due to declining European birth rates. Taking the 'flower' of Africa ensures there won't be an educated mass of Africans looking to take control of their own resources which the global powers want for themselves. Mass immigration from Africa is absolutely about keeping African nations down so that the capitalists can rob and steal every ounce of wealth from Africa. They want young Africans looking to the west and aspiring to move to the west rather than looking at the fabulous, incredible amount of wealth in their own regions and wanting to take control of that.

You'll notice that the supporters of mass immigration NEVER talk about raising up African nations. NEVER talk about investing in Africa. NEVER talk about making African nations prosperous societies. All they want is to drain Africa if its youth to feed the Capitalist machine in the West whilst pretending that they're humanitarian 'progressive' (LOL) and paragons of moral virtue when in reality their morals are absolutely rotten to the core.

Ok. I'm fine with admitting that I don't have a clue what you're talking about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

It's be far easier for you to tell us Joey, what do you think white people have that people of colour (if that is the politically acceptable description allowed this month) don't have?

What rights do I have, as a straight white Irish man, that others who are legally in this country don't have in order for you to claim that there is systemic racism in Ireland?

I've asked that numerous times on youtube videos or other message boards when the Victim Olympians talks about "Systemic Racism" and what law do I and other Whites benefit from in the 21st Century that isn't extended to Non-Whites. It always hearkens back to their feelings. That they FEEL oppressed. And they wonder why "**** Your Feelings" has become such a popular meme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

On the topic of white privilege, I think a better word to describe it would be prejudice. Not everyone who's white have it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have you any figures or actual examples to compare

It's well and good stringing big words together but it means diddly squat if it has zero bearing on the discussion .

We know disabilities services are woefully underfunded along with children's services,
    But yet we are paying hundreds of millions to keep economic migrants here in accommodation , while we feed , cloth , educate them we are some now racists for our efforts .

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    I've asked that numerous times on youtube videos or other message boards when the Victim Olympians talks about "Systemic Racism" and what law do I and other Whites benefit from in the 21st Century that isn't extended to Non-Whites. It always hearkens back to their feelings. That they FEEL oppressed. And they wonder why "**** Your Feelings" has become such a popular meme.

It's a question that needs answering

What do people want? "For people to be treated the same"

Well ok, we have these laws to ensure that. "But some police aren't adhering to that and are still being racist"

We've arrested them and they are charged with murder. "**** you racists".

Racism is not accepted in the western world. It does happen. Absolutely. But it is not culturally accepted.

Racism is rife in china though. Homophobia is rife in the middle east. You can also be murdered for your religious beliefs.

Yet, during a pandemic where you can only have ten people at a funeral, Irish people think it is acceptable and right to protest en masse with little or no social distancing to protest a man being unjustly murdered in America

I don't remember the swarm of people who descended upon the Saudi embassy after Jamal Khashoggis assassination...

Some lives matter it seems... As long as it makes you look good.

I will never tolerate racism. The unfortunate truth about that is that I sure as hell won't tolerate it when I am denied legitimacy of my opinion because of the colour of my skin.

Judge people on their actions, not their skin colour or their heritage

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭collywobble7

But that's the thing I've noticed from those criticizing DP, our migrant policy, or even the racial issues in Ireland. They're big on the statements but there's no real contributions in terms of actual answers to the problem. They're fine with pointing out the problems (real or not) but extremely short on the answers.

You've pretty much summed up Sinn Fein in 1 post there 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

https://www.fm104.ie/news/buzz/ellen-degeneres-deletes-tweet-following-massive-backlash/

https://twitter.com/sofiarahim/status/1266938561439207425

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

Find your local TD. Contact them and politely tell them something needs to be done about the black gangs attacking our children and terrorising the public. This is just the latest in a string of videos posted on social media in the past few months. The children of these African immigrants are not integrating (London accents etc). Remember - the politicians work for us so don't be shy to call them daily for updates.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/members/tds/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: I've deleted a number of posts discussing a recent event in involving a group of youths in Cork. As this particular incident will likely appear before the courts in the near future, I am requesting that you don't post in this topic again.

On the topic of white privilege, I think a better word to describe it would be prejudice. Not everyone who's white have it easy.

I doubt many people here (regardless of race) would consider their lives to have been easy. Different situations bring different types of problems.

It's why the idea of privilege based entirely on race is such a retarded notion.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: I've deleted a number of posts discussing a recent event in involving a group of youths in Cork. As this particular incident will likely appear before the courts in the near future, I am requesting that you don't post in this topic again.
    More posts deleted, and as certain posters do not seem able to pay attention to this warning, and indeed the thread itself has been used to make racist comments I'm closing it up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement