Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

I agree but a large percentage would have opted for that and that was their game-plan fro the beginning.
    Love or hate Michael O'Leary he is probably the cleverist operators i have seen.
    It just be a matter of days until you see post people complaining that they forced to take voucher and now want refund.
    There are one or two here and i am surprised they not on it already...

Here's the thing:

I agree that Michael O'Leary is one of the cleverest operators around.

I love Ryanair, I think they provide a brilliant service.
    They are pickie as hell about following the rules.
    You don't follow the rules you pay extra or you don't fly.
    Straight up no BS. Magic.

But this is breaking the rules and the law and trying to confuse and delay.
    This is the opposite of everything plain speaking MOL is supposedly all about.
    This is what he berates Lufty and BA for.

He could have shut all the Ryanair nay sayers up.
    He could have made it a brilliant PR win.

The Carlsberg of cancellations:

72 hour cash refunds for those who are stuck for the money

and for the rest of us a great voucher, 5 years, no fee name change.

Missed opportunity.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Means you can use it for anyone, but once used you can't change the name.

The voucher will be in the name of the person who made the original booking.
    Lets call him/her the "booking passenger".

When the voucher is used this booking passenger must get a ticket.

Ryanair don't want vouchers sold.

You could get around this requirement by the booking passenger buying a ticket but not flying.

But of course you loose one fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

paddy19 wrote: »
    The voucher will be in the name of the person who made the original booking.
    Lets call him/her the "booking passenger".

When the voucher is used this booking passenger must get a ticket.

Ryanair don't want vouchers sold.

You could get around this requirement by the booking passenger buying a ticket but not flying.

But of course you loose one fare.
    that how I read it as well.

say I take a voucher I can pay for my ticket and tickets for whoever travels with me, but I can't buy tickets for other people. (which is BS, who cares who flys)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Here's the thing:

I agree that Michael O'Leary is one of the cleverest operators around.

I love Ryanair, I think they provide a brilliant service.
    They are pickie as hell about following the rules.
    You don't follow the rules you pay extra or you don't fly.
    Straight up no BS. Magic.

But this is breaking the rules and the law and trying to confuse and delay.
    This is the opposite of everything plain speaking MOL is supposedly all about.
    This is what he berates Lufty and BA for.

He could have shut all the Ryanair nay sayers up.
    He could have made it a brilliant PR win.

The Carlsberg of cancellations:

72 hour cash refunds for those who are stuck for the money

and for the rest of us a great voucher, 5 years, no fee name change.

Missed opportunity.
    Actually Ryanair frequently deliberately breaks the law.

I have had it where they refused to provide statutory compensation during delayed flights to purchase refreshments in the airport, and also a breach of Latvian law whereby they refused to pay the national tax and we were forced to find more money than the usual tax (as a punishment to Ryanair) at Riga airport for this security tax. Ryanair never even bothered to warn us about this situation in advance.

It annoys me that the Latvian government didn't ban the airline from entering the country though for breaking Latvian law.

Michael O'Leary and Ryanair are pond life. They are scum.

I hope he is bankrupted and frankly I would like to see him imprisoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Are Ryanair complaining about all the threads here trying to help people and getting them closed? Several threads I was subscribed to with good conversations going about the airlines have been closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Are Ryanair complaining about all the threads here trying to help people and getting them closed? Several threads I was subscribed to with good conversations going about the airlines have been closed.

There is one refund thread in Travel now, all the others have been closed as it was just the same stuff being posted over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭john boye

Have I got all this right? People originally got an email advising them that they could change their travel dates for free. Then the cancellation email came along with the form to apply for a refund. Then the voucher email came implying that people had to apply again if they wanted a refund. And now you have to contact them on fb to get in the refund queue?

This is a wild goose chase lads, plain and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

any update for anyone who put in a claim with small claims court?

ive to provide them with more information like flights numbers but i can only find 3 of the 6 emails with these details and this information mysteriously vanished from my ryanair account sneaky fcukers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

I was on chat bot in the background for 6 hours, rang and got through after 40minutes, told them to put me in queue or a refund which they did. Couldn't tell me when i would get it though.

john boye wrote: »
    Have I got all this right? People originally got an email advising them that they could change their travel dates for free. Then the cancellation email came along with the form to apply for a refund. Then the voucher email came implying that people had to apply again if they wanted a refund. And now you have to contact them on fb to get in the refund queue?

This is a wild goose chase lads, plain and simple.

yes!

in the email that advises you you are getting a voucher instead of refund there is no link to RE submit refund request there is a ling about additional info, where at the very bottom of the page which is trying it's best to get you to take that voucher.....so at the very end there is a "contact us" if you want a refund. there is a phone number no one is answering and a chat no one is answering.

then on Fb (which is mad, not on their web page but FB) they are advising people to DM them When you do a chatbox states it need the info

To add you to the refund queue, we'd like the following:
    - Type “Booking Reference” and include 6 digit reference code
    - Full name of the passengers
    - Route, date and time
    - The email entered in the booking
    - last 4 digits of the credit card which was used to pay for the bookingonal but delicious)

it is as you say a wild goose chase :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I think if you applied for a refund originally you are still in that queue and don’t need to go through Facebook.

I tried to resubmit my refund form and got a message saying it’s already been submitted.

yes!

in the email that advises you you are getting a voucher instead of refund there is no link to RE submit refund request there is a ling about additional info, where at the very bottom of the page which is trying it's best to get you to take that voucher.....so at the very end there is a "contact us" if you want a refund. there is a phone number no one is answering and a chat no one is answering.

then on Fb (which is mad, not on their web page but FB) they are advising people to DM them When you do a chatbox states it need the info

- Route, date and time
    - last 4 digits of the credit card which was used to pay for the bookingonal but delicious)

Mad is right because all they need is the booking code and the email address.
    All the other information is already held online.

You'd suspect that everything else is required to add to the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

yes!

- Route, date and time

There is a very simple way to deal with this just log-in and create a Ryanair account.
    That way all you need do is sign-in and all your flights and status of same there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Fair fecks to MOL. All I wanted was some flexibility. I got the email message today... unused voucher is refunded as cash. Might not suit everyone but I'm ok with that.

There is a very simple way to deal with this just log-in and create a Ryanair account.
    That way all you need do is sign-in and all your flights and status of same there...

I have an R account and that was my first thought to do that. But canceled flights are no longer listed. I can see my future flights and the flights that I actually took but not these ones. So I didn't even put a time of the flight as I couldn't be bothered, they should be able to get all of this from my booking reference no.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

yankinlk wrote: »
    Fair fecks to MOL. All I wanted was some flexibility. I got the email message today... unused voucher is refunded as cash. Might not suit everyone but I'm ok with that.

They should have come out with this angle first, their initial offering was full refund as per the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,409 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I had a cancelled flight that disappeared from my account 2 days before original departure date! Like it never happened!

yankinlk wrote: »

" but don't redeem it within 12 months may still apply for and obtain a refund after this 12 month period."

You do know that you will have to apply for that refund in 12 months time.

In 12 months time Ryanair's refunding will be a well oiled process,
    no delays, no diversions, no confusion, no more offers of vouchers, no chat-bot waits, no call centre queues...

yeah MOL will be just dying to give you back your money....

falling over himself to make it simple and fast....

all changed, changed utterly a terrible beauty is born.....

Behold the new MOL.....

I have an R account and that was my first thought to do that. But canceled flights are no longer listed. I can see my future flights and the flights that I actually took but not these ones. So I didn't even put a time of the flight as I couldn't be bothered, they should be able to get all of this from my booking reference no.

Your right but i suppose if you gave me a couple hundred €€€ i might try to hold on to it too.
    We will do what we need to do, i kinda understand where Airlines are coming but as long as they do not renage on refunds completely for the people who vouchers not good option i be ok with it.
    I have the same issue with another Airline, i am happy with the voucher but i booked a flight for another person. Voucher not an option as issued to other person so i am looking for CC refund so i can return this person the money.
    I haven't really tried apart from i sent 2 email and got no reply, i will wait a week or so and make a 261 complaint if they not come back.
    I did not expect reply as i knew what was going on from here, the first question they ask is did you make contact with Airline so i can say YES.
    good luck...

I just thought look at all the free exposure Ryanair have got here and in the media in the last few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

joeysoap wrote: »
    I got case not initiated back. Not surprised as i omitted as booking number :o but in my defense I was interrupted twice. Do I just fill it in again this time giving all the details or wait. The case is shaded grey, so I can’t add details. Thanks.:o

Update.

Resubmitted my case this time giving all passengers names and booking number. I now got back two acknowledgements from the scc, both saying that my case has been suitable for the SCC and looking for €25 for both. I have emailed them to apologies and explained my error. If I simply don’t pay one of the fees I gather that case is ‘dropped’
    MOL confusing me now with his new promises, but why didn’t he just do nothing and only issue vouchers to those who requested them? Is he kicking the can down the road for 12 months with those vouchers? I’m not contacting them again, I requested a refund. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

For someone not on Facebook how can you get into the refund queue (again!)?

To thine own self be true

For someone not on Facebook how can you get into the refund queue (again!)?

You only need to request a refund once.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

Update.

Resubmitted my case this time giving all passengers names and booking number. I now got back two acknowledgements from the scc, both saying that my case has been suitable for the SCC and looking for €25 for both. I have emailed them to apologies and explained my error. If I simply don’t pay one of the fees I gather that case is ‘dropped’
    MOL confusing me now with his new promises, but why didn’t he just do nothing and only issue vouchers to those who requested them? Is he kicking the can down the road for 12 months with those vouchers? I’m not contacting them again, I requested a refund. Simples.

This what i expected to happen and said so here a few times.
    There is one person on here talking waffle about SCC for the last two weeks, i do not know what his problem with Ryanair but i think he does not like MOL, there is another person on this Ryanair agenda but the leader is clear.
    I advised him to use SCC and today he has some new angle i cannot remember. I understand you were upset with the prospect of having to buy more expensive flights and its easy to over react.
    Don't let it bother you as i expect everyone who did not take the voucher will in due course get email with options, if they ask to re-apply just do it and get the refund.

I have no idea how much your flights were but you lucky you not paid fee of €50 as that be gone. There no need to do anything as the case only becomes active after you pay the fee.
    You said there were two cases, was that two separate bookings or one booking for two separate people?
    Just wondering...

He just here now and must change tact every hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You only need to request a refund once.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

I think I'm very confused by this.
    I already looked for my refund the end of February and got email confirmation of same.
    Last week, I got the voucher email.
    I don't want to wait the year for my cash by not using the voucher.

To thine own self be true

I think I'm very confused by this.
    I already looked for my refund the end of February and got email confirmation of same.
    Last week, I got the voucher email.
    I don't want to wait the year for my cash by not using the voucher.

Dead right, get your money back.
    You should have got it within 7 days.
    You need to escalate.

You have 4 options.

www.Flightrights.ie looks best, it's simple and it's free.

See guide

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

They should have come out with this angle first, their initial offering was full refund as per the law.

Totally agree. I cant be bothered jumping thru hoops or wasting time talking to a bot. But it's not big money for me... I hope those that need it can still get it.

......... I understand you were upset with the prospect of having to buy more expensive flights and its easy to over react.

Don't let it bother you as i expect everyone who did not take the voucher will in due course get email with options, if they ask to re-apply just do it and get the refund.

I have no idea how much your flights were but you lucky you not paid fee of €50 as that be gone. There no need to do anything as the case only becomes active after you pay the fee.
    You said there were two cases, was that two separate bookings or one booking for two separate people?
    Just wondering...

He just here now and must change tact every hour...

One case and just €25. Error made in first and repaired in second. Flights, seats priority just over €300.. flights to Tenerife cancelled at Easter so no question of paying more flights. Refund applied for ( and ‘promised ‘) before the unrequested and unwanted voucher landed in my in box. Back to promises of refund I gather, but when? Is it when the unused voucher becomes out of date?

Are your vouchers that they send visible in your account too?

New email from Ryanair this morning.

Dear Customer,

You have recently received an email with a voucher code to the value of your original booking.

Please note that this voucher is valid for 12 Months and can be used for your future travel plans, please note that if you do not use the voucher the voucher before the expiry date you will receive a full cash refund, in the event you use the voucher in part you will also receive the option of a voucher for the balance or a cash refund after the expire date.

Please click on the link below to accept the voucher

Now if they had just said that in the first place..... or better still not issue the vouchers to customers who didn’t request them.

I probably won’t go ahead with the SCC now, it was because of Ryanair’s attitude I filed the case. As it transpires I am no hurry with the refund, and you have 6 years to file again with the SCC should Ryanair do another u turn.

• Advertisement

New email from Ryanair this morning.

Dear Customer,

You have recently received an email with a voucher code to the value of your original booking.

Please note that this voucher is valid for 12 Months and can be used for your future travel plans, please note that if you do not use the voucher the voucher before the expiry date you will receive a full cash refund, in the event you use the voucher in part you will also receive the option of a voucher for the balance or a cash refund after the expire date.

Please click on the link below to accept the voucher

Now if they had just said that in the first place..... or better still not issue the vouchers to customers who didn’t request them.

I probably won’t go ahead with the SCC now, it was because of Ryanair’s attitude I filed the case. As it transpires I am no hurry with the refund, and you have 6 years to file again with the SCC should Ryanair do another u turn.

Just wondering where the sneaky stuff is in this.
    Its Ryanair, there has to be sneaky stuff in there.

Advertisement