Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Just wondering where the sneaky stuff is in this.
    Its Ryanair, there has to be sneaky stuff in there.

Don't blame just Ryanair they are all at it, from their point of view it likely worked as quite a lot people will have accepted voucher.
    The only problem i have with it is people should have being allowed transfer.
    I am not suggesting a flight could be changes from low season to high but i do think there should be recognition that people had booked.
    To say people were allowed free transfer and pay big difference simply was not fair.
    I got a cancellation just an hour for May 13, offer is voucher and i am ok with this. (not Ryanair)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

joeysoap wrote: »
    New email from Ryanair this morning.

Dear Customer,

You have recently received an email with a voucher code to the value of your original booking.

Please note that this voucher is valid for 12 Months and can be used for your future travel plans, please note that if you do not use the voucher the voucher before the expiry date you will receive a full cash refund, in the event you use the voucher in part you will also receive the option of a voucher for the balance or a cash refund after the expire date.

Please click on the link below to accept the voucher

Now if they had just said that in the first place..... or better still not issue the vouchers to customers who didn’t request them.

I probably won’t go ahead with the SCC now, it was because of Ryanair’s attitude I filed the case. As it transpires I am no hurry with the refund, and you have 6 years to file again with the SCC should Ryanair do another u turn.

Got that after applying for a refund on the 17th or March. Trying to trick people into taking a voucher by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    I was on chat bot in the background for 6 hours, rang and got through after 40minutes, told them to put me in queue or a refund which they did. Couldn't tell me when i would get it though.

11.5 hours with the chat bot on Monday, never came back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

11.5 hours with the chat bot on Monday, never came back to me.

Id say the chatbot was great craic though. Did they tell any good jokes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

So if you accept the voucher you have to wait 12 months for a refund.

If you don't accept the voucher you get to keep fighting for the refund and might get it earlier.

If they offer me value plus 20% voucher, with option of refund of original fare I might have clicked.

• Advertisement

Id say the chatbot was great craic though. Did they tell any good jokes?

unfortunately they were more of the mime type!

I opened a dispute with Paypal, we'll see if I get any joy that way. The initial message goes to Ryanair rather than paypal. I'll give Ryanair a few days to get back to the query (or presumbly not) and then I'll escalate to Paypal.

I would have taken been put on the refund list if they responded to the live chat, now I'll be insisting on an immediate refund through paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

They really dont give up, il wait for the refund.

Dear Customer,

I refer to your recent correspondence regarding your booking

I acknowledge that you do not wish to accept your refund in voucher format at this time and have requested to remain on the cash refund queue. Please note that until such time as you receive your cash refund, your voucher will remain valid and can be used to purchase flights and ancillaries for any future trip you might wish to plan. Please note that our refund processing has been negatively affected by the Covid19 crisis however we will process your refund as soon as possible.

Our priority remains the health and well-being of our people and customers and our communities. Thank you sincerely for your patience and support.

Yours sincerely,
    Ryanair Customer Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

They really dont give up, il wait for the refund.

Dear Customer,

I refer to your recent correspondence regarding your booking

I acknowledge that you do not wish to accept your refund in voucher format at this time and have requested to remain on the cash refund queue. Please note that until such time as you receive your cash refund, your voucher will remain valid and can be used to purchase flights and ancillaries for any future trip you might wish to plan. Please note that our refund processing has been negatively affected by the Covid19 crisis however we will process your refund as soon as possible.

Our priority remains the health and well-being of our people and customers and our communities. Thank you sincerely for your patience and support.

Yours sincerely,
    Ryanair Customer Services.

Did you send them an email requesting to refuse the voucher?
    I sent one today but got back a generic email straight away basically asking me to click into their website to see if the answer to my query was there.
    Crafty cnuts.
    It was the customer enquiries email I used BTW.

To thine own self be true

Did you send them an email requesting to refuse the voucher?
    I sent one today but got back a generic email straight away basically asking me to click into their website to see if the answer to my query was there.
    Crafty cnuts.
    It was the customer enquiries email I used BTW.

In the end i rang them, the chat bot had me in queue for 6 hours before i decided to ring them, took about 40minutes waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

In the end i rang them, the chat bot had me in queue for 6 hours before i decided to ring them, took about 40minutes waiting.

I think I'll send them a registered letter.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

I presume the voucher is premium rate number

adam88 wrote: »
    I presume the voucher is premium rate number

Dont know rang from work phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Things are not looking good for refunds.
    https://jrnl.ie/5087684

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Roger_007 wrote:
    Things are not looking good for refunds.

This is as I thought, Ryanair are well in the loop to what is going on here, hence they will try everything they can to delay any refunds in the hope these regulations can be changed soon.

The updated terms of the Ryanair vouchers where they are offering a refund on unused vouchers when they expire sounds like what is being proposed in the regulation changes if that article is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

You will still get a refund if you don't use the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I opened a dispute with Paypal, we'll see if I get any joy that way. The initial message goes to Ryanair rather than paypal. I'll give Ryanair a few days to get back to the query (or presumbly not) and then I'll escalate to Paypal.

I would have taken been put on the refund list if they responded to the live chat, now I'll be insisting on an immediate refund through paypal

I dont fancy your chances with Paypal.
    Paypal will tell you to talk to Ryanair.
    When you tell them you have they will tell you to get lost.
    Paypal are even worse than Ryanair for disputes.

I just wonder why you bother going the dispute since you have being advised all persons be refunded in 3 Months.
    I doubt if it get anywhere as these are exceptional times.
    All of these organizations work together paypal, banks, Ryanair do business on a daily basis so they kinda work together.
    If you can the easy option is wait it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

If you listen back to the last 5 minutes of Morning Ireland this morning you will understand why some posters here, and particularly anyone posting in bold lettering to emphasise their points, is looking very foolish expecting Ryanair or any other airline to refund money in 7 days or 14 days or even a month.

The full podcast is usually available fairly quickly.

I dont fancy your chances with Paypal.
    Paypal will tell you to talk to Ryanair.
    When you tell them you have they will tell you to get lost.
    Paypal are even worse than Ryanair for disputes.

The initial dispute on Paypal goes to Ryanair, so we'll see what they say. Paypal mention that it needs to be escalated by mid May

Paypal in my experience are very pro purchaser when it comes to disputes.
    I just wonder why you bother going the dispute since you have being advised all persons be refunded in 3 Months.
    I doubt if it get anywhere as these are exceptional times.
    All of these organizations work together paypal, banks, Ryanair do business on a daily basis so they kinda work together.
    If you can the easy option is wait it out...

3 months? Where have I been advised this?

When I applied for the refund in March, Ryanair said that there would be delays, but people would get their refunds, a month later they sent me a voucher and changed their story around refunds. I don't trust they wont do this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Mebuntu wrote: »
    If you listen back to the last 5 minutes of Morning Ireland this morning you will understand why some posters here, and particularly anyone posting in bold lettering to emphasise their points, is looking very foolish expecting Ryanair or any other airline to refund money in 7 days or 14 days or even a month.

Could you maybe summarise the point? Thanks.

• Advertisement

My experience of Paypal was that they wouldn't resolve the dispute until after Gardai were called to remove me from their Ballycoolin offices.
    Got my result eventually though.
    My lesson learnt from the experience was to never use Paypal for any sum of money which I couldn't "afford" to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Could you maybe summarise the point? Thanks.
    You can listen back here: https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21760391

Goto about 1.26.37 for the interview start or 1.28 for precise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Mebuntu wrote: »

really eh, i know of a number of travel companies who refunded people within 2 weeks, ryanair are more than capable of refunding customers within that time, their staff can do this from home and they are one of the most profitable airlines in the world

The initial dispute on Paypal goes to Ryanair, so we'll see what they say. Paypal mention that it needs to be escalated by mid May

3 months? Where have I been advised this?

When I applied for the refund in March, Ryanair said that there would be delays, but people would get their refunds, a month later they sent me a voucher and changed their story around refunds. I don't trust they wont do this again.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/ireland-asks-europe-to-suspend-law-requiring-airlines-to-refund-customers-for-cancellations-996742.html

I thought this was settled as i read the other day Ryanair said that people be refunded in 3 Months.
    I read ages ago that Germany and Italy made representations and neither of them are listed, neither are the UK but they kindof in limbo with EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LPC786

I was supposed to travel to london on 22nd May but should not because of Covid. However i cant seem to get in touch with Ryanair for Cancellation or Refund.

Is there any email or phone number which someone responds

How can i get a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

LPC786 wrote: »
    I was supposed to travel to london on 22nd May but should not because of Covid. However i cant seem to get in touch with Ryanair for Cancellation or Refund.

Is there any email or phone number which someone responds

How can i get a refund

You can't they expect it to take til August to clear the refund backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LPC786

Inquitus wrote: »
    You can't they expect it to take til August to clear the refund backlog.

Is there anyway to reach them. No one replies the phone. Any other phone number or web link or email address may be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

LPC786 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to reach them. No one replies the phone. Any other phone number or web link or email address may be?

They'll be officially cancelling it next week.

But as has been said to you already, you won't be able to get in touch with them easily and if you do, it's going to take months to get a refund anyway. You're better off just sitting tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

troyzer wrote: »
    They'll be officially cancelling it next week.

But as has been said to you already, you won't be able to get in touch with them easily and if you do, it's going to take months to get a refund anyway. You're better off just sitting tight.

Yep he'll join the very back of the refund queue when it's officially cancelled next week. Probably see his money in Aug/Sep timeframe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I have my case approved by the SCC, just have to pay the €25 to start the countdown ( I have 8 days left) but am reluctant to do so. I have the voucher, which I didn’t request but won’t be using it. All airlines and their staff are going through uncertain times and I can wait for the refund. I appreciate others can’t wait.

Advertisement