Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

joeysoap wrote: »
    I have my case approved by the SCC, just have to pay the €25 to start the countdown ( I have 8 days left) but am reluctant to do so. I have the voucher, which I didn’t request but won’t be using it. All airlines and their staff are going through uncertain times and I can wait for the refund. I appreciate others can’t wait.

Do you think that it is likely that Ryanair or Shane Ross might move the goalposts again before you get your money. Maybe even ensuring you never get your money.
    If the answer is Yes then I would proceed.
    If you trust Michael O'Leary then leave it to him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Ryanair are straight up offering me a refund on my cancelled flight. No option of a voucher.

Weird.

troyzer wrote: »
    Ryanair are straight up offering me a refund on my cancelled flight. No option of a voucher.

Weird.

They tell that lie to everyone first. Keeps you quiet longer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

JimmyVik wrote: »
    They tell that lie to everyone first. Keeps you quiet longer :)

I got the same. Clicked on the link then yesterday got the email saying they were giving me a voucher for 2700 odd euros. Absolutely useless to me. No link to refuse it. Had to send them a registered letters saying I wanted my money. Absolute joke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Yeah, the voucher arrives uninvited and unannounced and a further email later saying if you don’t use it.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How can you find out if a flight is cancelled? I have a booking for June 27th to Rome

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Gael23 wrote: »
    How can you find out if a flight is cancelled? I have a booking for June 27th to Rome

Log in and see if you can buy a seat on the same flight today, would also be shown as cancelled in my bookings.

AFAIK despite the press saying FR are cancelling 'virtually a flights until July' they have not actually been officially cancelled yet - meaning the refund process can't begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

My brother instigated a charge back about 10 days ago with his bank(BofI) and the money was back on his card yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,409 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

vandriver wrote: »
    My brother instigated a charge back about 10 days ago with his bank(BofI) and the money was back on his card yesterday.

Can you do this if you've already cancelled with Ryanair?

If you can, do you need to inform Ryanair?

6 wrote: »
    Can you do this if you've already cancelled with Ryanair?

If you can, do you need to inform Ryanair?

Yes you can and no you don't have to advise the airline.

• Advertisement

vandriver wrote: »

Ive been waiting a few weeks for my bank to come back after applying for a chargeback.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Ive been waiting a few weeks for my bank to come back after applying for a chargeback.

Allow a couple of weeks especially in these times.

BOI actually credited my account and I saw it online when checking credit card activity before they wrote to me confirming same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Can this work with a debit card-aib? Does it cost anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

My chargeback with Revolut was successful, but Ryanair have 30 days to dispute it before I get the actual funds. I got confirmation on the 30th of April for so 19 more days. I originally applied for a refund with Ryanair on the 17th of March for a flight due to depart on the 21st of March and still havnt had a refund or even a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

In my case I applied for refunds on two flights:

First was to fly on April 9th (Dub-Newcastle round trip) and the second was to fly on April 21st (Gran Canaria -Dublin one way).

I received the usual messages for both trips saying I could get a refund. I applied for both. On April 21st I received the unwanted voucher for the Newcastle flights. No good to me when two of the other passengers on the booking are mates of mine and not likely to travel with me anytime soon.

The second trip back from Gran Canaria I haven't received anything. No refund and no voucher.

I'm afraid to apply for a charge back because €200 of the cost of the Gran Canaria flight was actually a Ryanair voucher I got for Christmas. If I get the money back from credit card company it will be €200 short of the total cost and I reckon I could be waiting a long time to get that back from Ryanair if I get the rest of the cost on chargeback from credit card company.

All the while I'm paying interest on my credit card for flights I haven't even gone on.

Also on a side note I had a flight booked with Jet2 in England and had the money back in my account three weeks after cancellation. Same with the hotel I had booked and the car park, all refunded promptly without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,409 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Bank of Ireland only let you charge back if purchased in the last 120 days afaik?

Bank of Ireland only let you charge back if purchased in the last 120 days afaik?

No, did a successful charge back on flights older than that. You only have 120 days to apply for a chargeback from the date the good or service was not delivered (or in a flights case - cancelled).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭McBain11

Has anyone used the chargeback route with PTSB and been successful?

Ya 120 days. I should still just about be inside that if I do it now.

They should be taking into consideration the scam ryanair pulled though. People didn't ask for chargebacks because they were promised refunds. If you are now out of time because of Ryanair's tactics it's very unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya 120 days. I should still just about be inside that if I do it now.

They should be taking into consideration the scam ryanair pulled though. People didn't ask for chargebacks because they were promised refunds. If you are now out of time because of Ryanair's tactics it's very unfair.

Can you read? The information you quoted and replied to is wrong.

Can you read? The information you quoted and replied to is wrong.

Relax Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Anyone know what's happening with June flights yet? I see they can't be booked on the website which would imply they are cancelled, but they haven't been cancelled yet officially

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭maroondog

No, did a successful charge back on flights older than that. You only have 120 days to apply for a chargeback from the date the good or service was not delivered (or in a flights case - cancelled).

Same as, got a refund via Chargeback route, initial booking was over 120 days. Option on BOI chargeback/Transaction dispute form to apply for refunds because "Refund that I was promised not processed within 30 days". Took 2 weeks to get my refund on a Visa Debit card after posting off my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

McBain11 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the chargeback route with PTSB and been successful?

Same question. I know when I rang them up about chargeback on a hotel refund they refused as they said I was offered a voucher.

I may have been dealing with someone not aware of things though.

PopTarts wrote: »
    Same question. I know when I rang them up about chargeback on a hotel refund they refused as they said I was offered a voucher.

I may have been dealing with someone not aware of things though.

In my experience the phone people try to put you off making a chargeback. Once applied for though they deal with it pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone have any luck with the small claims court.

So there's a new problem now.

Ryanair are restoring 90% of their network from July on. I have flights to Athens in mid July that cost me just shy of €400.

This flight might be going ahead then, but I can't realistically go because of the quarantine on either side.

What can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

troyzer wrote: »
    So there's a new problem now.

Ryanair are restoring 90% of their network from July on. I have flights to Athens in mid July that cost me just shy of €400.

This flight might be going ahead then, but I can't realistically go because of the quarantine on either side.

What can I do?

Its 40% of flights in July and slowly increasing.

Short answer to your question. If the flight operates then you'll be entitled to nothing. Im not sure what the travel insurance conditions are if a Country is not allowing you in.

• Advertisement

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Its 40% of flights in July and slowly increasing.

Short answer to your question. If the flight operates then you'll be entitled to nothing. Im not sure what the travel insurance conditions are if a Country is not allowing you in.

40% of flights but 90% of the network.

They've said that they're prioritising the restoration of the network over adding extra flights for popular routes.

Dublin to Athens is only ran twice a week so it seems very likely my flight will go ahead.

I doubt my travel insurance is going to cover it. Looks like I'll be **** out of luck. Which of course is why Ryanair are doing it.

Advertisement