Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I have a close relative who is flight crew on one of the Irish airlines.
    They were actually about to quit, but now are hanging on since the redundancies were announced which they dont want to miss out on.

If I told you what they told me you definitely wouldnt be flying :)
    I wont be.

Elaborate or else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Does anyone actually believe the refund vouchers you receive will actually work if and when you decide to use them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Hi,

Thanks so much. I didn’t realise I’d have to wait until afterwards to initiate.

Well if UK have a two-week quarantine and Spain also, I won’t be going anywhere as they’re all Friday-Sunday trips.

Thanks again.

Unless the flights are cancelled by the airline, you won’t be getting any money back - chargeback or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Unless the flights are cancelled by the airline, you won’t be getting any money back - chargeback or not.

Not much consolation ...

but don't forget to claim the government taxes.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

Has anyone Had any luck via the small claims court yet? I've submitted a claim and awaiting a response, it's for about 1000 euro.

Filed through SCC just received notice of dispute from solicitors acting for Ryanair. Imagine that, they refuse to give me back my money and willing to send solicitors to court to defend that. Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

DeKing wrote: »
    Filed through SCC just received notice of dispute from solicitors acting for Ryanair. Imagine that, they refuse to give me back my money and willing to send solicitors to court to defend that. Wow.

No problem, it would be well worth the €25 to drag a solicitor into court for something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭firemansam4

No problem, it would be well worth the €25 to drag a solicitor into court for something like this.

Is there a chance Ryanair could put In a large counter claim for there expenses?

Is there a chance Ryanair could put In a large counter claim for there expenses?
    Happily no, the company cannot claim its costs and has to be represented by legal coucil.

Unhappily, the customer cannot claim his expenses even if he wins.

I guess that's the balanced scales of justice for you :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Ryanair be concerned about setting a precedent with this as if they accept it means they have to refund everyone immediately.
    It be interesting to see how they handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Fair play to you. Be interesting to see how the court rules. EU 261 is very clear on this, the Law Society had an article up on this recently.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/gazette/top-stories/eu-rules-on-flight-refunds-unambiguous/

We know the government, banks, and airlines had been in cahoots on this up to now. Hopefully the judiciary are more accommodating to the actual law.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

I've flights (family of 4) booked for july 22nd to Greece, ryanair, what's the chances of that being cancelled.
    I could travel but guess it wouldn't be much fun over there with restrictions. Just hope its cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Sorry i did not notice you said they refuse to give you back your money, i was of the understanding that all refunds be available in 90 days as there be huge amount to process.
    The Government have said anyone who accepts voucher be Guaranteed refund if voucher not used.
    I expect you have refund before this gets to court, they have only two choices reply to your action or refund everyone now.

I applied for refund from EasyJet and was advised not to contact again for 90 days due to Covid backlog.
    I would have being happy to take voucher but the flight for another person and i would prefer get them refund...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I logged in on ryanair website and my outbound flight is showing as going ahead on 14th May but my return flight on 23rd says "cancelled" next to it with option to Get Refund or Change Flight.

It's a family holiday that cost €900.

What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JansheerKahn

We received an e mail from Ryanair last week that out flights were cancelled and we followed the link in the e mail and applied for a refund.

We then received a subsequent e mail this week offering a refund and another link to claim a refund.

Can we take it that the original application we made is sufficient and we dont have to claim a refund again?

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

I got the cancellation email today for flights booked on June 1st. I filled out the refund form and when I sent it off it said "Once approved your refund request will be processed within 20 working days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days." Are they actually giving cash refunds back so again or am I getting my hopes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,409 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

anfield90 wrote: »
    I got the cancellation email today for flights booked on June 1st. I filled out the refund form and when I sent it off it said "Once approved your refund request will be processed within 20 working days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days." Are they actually giving cash refunds back so again or am I getting my hopes up?

I got a that as well with a few flights. They follow up a few days later with a link to a voucher, and then a number to call to claim cash refund. Making it convoluted as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

6 wrote: »
    I got a that as well with a few flights. They follow up a few days later with a link to a voucher, and then a number to call to claim cash refund. Making it convoluted as possible.

I thought alright it was too good to be true!

anfield90 wrote: »
    I thought alright it was too good to be true!

That's the standard spiel from pre Covid days, when they did actually process refunds.

Forget the number, that's just to flog you the voucher.

Use the web "Refund Application Form" page.

Take screenshots/photos for evidence of a refund request.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

paddy19 wrote: »
    That's the standard spiel from pre Covid days, when they did actually process refunds.

I am waiting on refund for 5 flights. Have all the Screen shoots.
    Yesterday I got an email with our summer holls canceled and went through refund link. After I slicked submit the page was saying error bla bla. Now when I try your link for refunds is is saying an application was already submitted.
    Now I don't have screenshot or email confirming my case number.
    This is just getting better and better.

Was anyone able to claim through their travel insurance for this canceled flight due to covid?
    Or through AIB chargeback?

"After I slicked submit the page was saying error bla bla. Now when I try your link for refunds is is saying an application was already submitted.
    Now I don't have screenshot or email confirming my case number."

Just take a screenshot of the "an application was already submitted".
    That's all you need as proof.

Insurance is a real long shot, as they say you'll get your money back eventually.
    AIB chargeback were blanket refusing everything but are now processing.
    Going to be slow.
    SCC, Ryanair seem to be contesting everything but will probably fold on the steps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

"After I slicked submit the page was saying error bla bla. Now when I try your link for refunds is is saying an application was already submitted.
    Now I don't have screenshot or email confirming my case number."

Ryanair don't do case numbers. Everything is tracked by the booking code.

Just take a screenshot of the "an application was already submitted".
    That's all you need as proof.

Insurance is a real long shot, as they say you'll get your money back eventually.
    AIB chargeback were blanket refusing everything but are now processing.
    Going to be slow.
    SCC, Ryanair seem to be contesting everything but will probably fold on the steps.
    thank you.

I will ring the insurance guys on Monday for this last set of canceled flights as this is the only one I got insurance for and see what they say.

And I have printed and will post AIB chargeback form with all the Ryanair mails with vouchers and all and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,690 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Except the insurers to tell you that you need to wait for the airline refund and have some exceptional timescale on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

And then you get this

Ryanair

Dear Customer

Thank you for your e-mail which we will respond to as soon as possible.

Your query has been registered under No: xxxxxxx

If your query relates to a refund request, please be advised that we are currently working through the backlog due to COVID 19.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

The Customer Service Team

For and on Behalf of
    Ryanair DAC

Ryanair Holdings plc (Company No. 249885) / Ryanair DAC. (Company No. 104547).
    Registered in the Republic of Ireland. With registered address Airside Business Park, Swords, Co. Dublin, Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PHunt96

I’ve a flight to London with Ryanair and they haven’t cancelled but moved my flight from 11:10am to 15:35pm. Am I entitled to any compensation or will I have to bite the bullet on them not cancelling it and just lose out on the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Entitled to refund.

Welcome to the refund queue, a voucher comes first and might be of use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

We were booked to fly to Montenegro in June, got an email this morning those flights are now cancelled. Logged in to manage the trip on Ryanair and I could actually change the dates now to the end of August/early September, without paying any fare difference. If I would book them as new flights in Aug/September the current price then is about double the amount I paid originally. Fair deal there, so worth looking into that if you are flexible postponing your trip.

Now let's see if this will actually happen two months later.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

thank you.

I will ring the insurance guys on Monday for this last set of canceled flights as this is the only one I got insurance for and see what they say.

And I have printed and will post AIB chargeback form with all the Ryanair mails with vouchers and all and see what happens.

The insurance excess will be high. Check it before you proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

PHunt96 wrote: »
    I’ve a flight to London with Ryanair and they haven’t cancelled but moved my flight from 11:10am to 15:35pm. Am I entitled to any compensation or will I have to bite the bullet on them not cancelling it and just lose out on the money?

You should get a refund for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I am just off the Ryanair webchat guy. The latest is that they cannot process any refunds until the refund team is back working in the office due to GDPR and Finance Security Regulations. I have the screenshots but it's bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

thegills wrote: »
    I am just off the Ryanair webchat guy. The latest is that they cannot process any refunds until the refund team is back working in the office due to GDPR and Finance Security Regulations. I have the screenshots but it's bull****.

That's been their line for nearly 6 weeks now

Advertisement