Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I rang PTSB today and completed a charge back request over the phone for 2 sets of flights for March and May that have been cancelled with Ryanair.

The lad in the call centre took all the details and told me the money should be back in my account in the next week or so.

He said Ryanair will have 30 days to dispute it and if they do, PTSB will take the money back and my case would go to their visa claims dept for further review.

Almost sounded too good to be true :eek:

Funds arrived back in my account today. Hopefully Ryanair don't contest it. Fair play to Ptsb, very painless process!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Just had confirmation today that my flight to ACE on the 6th of July has been cancelled but the return flight has not on the 16th
    I just have to hope that it will eventually be cancelled or I will be down a lot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Funds arrived back in my account today. Hopefully Ryanair don't contest it. Fair play to Ptsb, very painless process!
    Same here, about a week after applying for the ch-b in BoI. Pending investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

airbusa320 wrote: »
    Just had confirmation today that my flight to ACE on the 6th of July has been cancelled but the return flight has not on the 16th
    I just have to hope that it will eventually be cancelled or I will be down a lot of money
    It's getting interesting reading Canary tourism, realisation that Italy is letting everyone in could ruin them. Ryanair are running some amount of flights to Canaries in July

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

TheDriver wrote: »
    It's getting interesting reading Canary tourism, realisation that Italy is letting everyone in could ruin them. Ryanair are running some amount of flights to Canaries in July
    TUI has to be saved
    Arms will be twisted 'till all of southern europe is open for tourists
    Maltese ambassador to Finland 100% correct

(Keep an eye out for some shameful antics to rescue deutsche auto industrie)

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    TUI has to be saved
    Arms will be twisted 'till all of southern europe is open for tourists
    Maltese ambassador to Finland 100% correct

(Keep an eye out for some shameful antics to rescue deutsche auto industrie)
    What did the ambassador say? TUI will be back flying, economy is taking precident over public health.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

I'm Flying to Greece July 22nd and home 31st. Just received notice that my return flight has been cancelled. I'm going to look for a refund for those flights but what's likely to happen with my flights out to Greece, can I look for a refund on those (not cancelled by ryanair yet) or is that lost money
    Haven't applied for the refund yet, just in case someone knows of a way to apply for a refund for both in and out flights.

Note at the time of booking I booked outward and return flights on the same booking & same airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

This is same in reverse,
    I was advised this morning that my out flight to Malaga on July 23rd had time change.
    I just noticed now that my return call on July 31st has being cancelled.
    Has anyone came across this as it seems i am only being offered refund for the cancelled, i can come back a week later for free but cannot do this.

Any advise appreciated.

Interesting. Do they want you to rebook on a different outbound flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Seweryn wrote: »
    Same here, about a week after applying for the ch-b in BoI. Pending investigation.

Edit - sorry see it was BOI

• Advertisement

Its confusing as the time of out flight changed by a few hours.
    When i went to check the original time on booking i noticed the return flight cancelled.
    I did get email confirmation of time change but nothing on cancellation.
    I will check in the morning and see.

I booked my flight back which has a time change. I hadn't booked flight out as was waiting for price drop. Thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

No they just said the return flight was cancelled.
    I logged into my account and went through to the refund section, It asked did I want to cancel all flights and all passengers (4 of us) and I ticked that box. The application went through.
    There was a drop down box for reason with 3 selections, one being flight cancelled, I picked that.
    Hope it refunds the full amount.
    Also hope it's not Ryanair pulling a fast one, ie cancel one flight, let you look for a refund on both and then refund one full flight (the cancelled one) and only partially refund the other, seen as it wasn't cancelled. Time will tell

Just to clarify what happened with my trip.
    First of all yesterday i get flight time change for July 23rd which is fine.
    Then last night when i went to check what was original time flight on July 31st i am informed that my return flight cancelled and the earliest free option is Aug 6th and i do not want be away this long, i had not got email confirmation of cancellation.
    It appears i happened on the system and it was just being changed, i later got email confirmation of cancelled flight and loads of options for free change.
    Because i prefer go previous week i contacted online chat and was done in a few mins free...

The problem I have is that my ACE flight is cancelled outbound but return booked flight is still operating as of today. I cant see Ryanair refunding me for a flight that is still operating. I was considering travelling but had contact from our accommodation yesterday that it will be closed till September at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Got an email to say our outbound flight to Fuerteventura was cancelled so applied for a full refund on all flights on the booking. Will wait and see the outcome.

If not I will just open a dispute with PayPal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The problem I have is that my ACE flight is cancelled outbound but return booked flight is still operating as of today. I cant see Ryanair refunding me for a flight that is still operating. I was considering travelling but had contact from our accommodation yesterday that it will be closed till September at the earliest.

I had the same. Went for a refund and it offered a refund for all flights under the reference

godtabh wrote: »
    I had the same. Went for a refund and it offered a refund for all flights under the reference

Yes same here.
    Request submitted lets see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Can anyone clarify that if 1 of your flights on a return flight booking is cancelled, are you entitled to a refund for the entire booking?

I had assumed you were as this happened to me a few years ago and I got a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify that if 1 of your flights on a return flight booking is cancelled, are you entitled to a refund for the entire booking?

I had assumed you were as this happened to me a few years ago and I got a full refund.

If they are ought as a return ticket , as in both flights paid at the same time and booked yes. If you first bought one then after the other and paid them separately, as per Ryanair they are 2 different flights :/

not sure about other airlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

If they are ought as a return ticket , as in both flights paid at the same time and booked yes. If you first bought one then after the other and paid them separately, as per Ryanair they are 2 different flights :/

not sure about other airlines

This isn't true. Ryanair don't do return flights. Nor do they do connecting flights.

Every flight is its own scheduled service. They do this specifically so that they're not liable when stuff like this happens or you miss a connection.

troyzer wrote: »
    This isn't true. Ryanair don't do return flights. Nor do they do connecting flights.

Every flight is its own scheduled service. They do this specifically so that they're not liable when stuff like this happens or you miss a connection.
    I know they don't do connecting (had one canceled and got that response) but if you book as a return and pay as single purchase I thought that would all be refunded.

wow that really bad then

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I know they don't do connecting (had one canceled and got that response) but if you book as a return and pay as single purchase I thought that would all be refunded.

wow that really bad then

if you took your outbound flight and they cancelled your inbound flight would you expect a refund for both flights?

if you took your outbound flight and they cancelled your inbound flight would you expect a refund for both flights?

well if you used the flight of course not, why would you. But in this case the flights were not used and only return was canceled.

if they were booked as connected then yes both should be refunded....but they don't do connected so ( i had that and had to change dates for both and pay extra...which is ok as they did not do connected, lesson learns)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

well if you used the flight of course not, why would you. But in this case the flights were not used and only return was canceled.

Something similar happened in our case, outbound was cancelled but the return is still going.

We're **** out of luck. That's always been the way with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

troyzer wrote: »
    Something similar happened in our case, outbound was cancelled but the return is still going.

We're **** out of luck. That's always been the way with Ryanair.

Had booked to go to Fuerteventura and just checked the scheduled flights there, the outbound and inbound we booked both seem to be cancelled luckily enough.

We were going Sunday to Sunday and flights were about €700 for 2 one the plus fare. They are still operating flights on the Saturday and they want just shy of €1300 for the same booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PHunt96

JimmyVik wrote: »
    You should get a refund for that.

I got onto ryanair and they’re refusing to refund me, saying I have no grounds for a refund, are they chancing their arm or can they do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

OmegaGene wrote: »
    PayPal dispute is open now, fingers crossed they get my money back in a few weeks, I’ve had a few disputes with PayPal I’ve the years as a buyer and a seller and they always back the buyer/consumer
    Has anyone had any success with PayPal refunds so far? I have a dispute open at the moment, and they seem to be pushing the voucher and asking if I will accept it (which I declined). I should know by Monday which way they decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

coco7 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success with PayPal refunds so far? I have a dispute open at the moment, and they seem to be pushing the voucher and asking if I will accept it (which I declined). I should know by Monday which way they decide.

Some have had success but not me. My issue seems to be that I got a partial refund from Ryanair (at the very start you could get instant refund) so I'm looking for the balance. PayPal don't seem to understand this. Dispute denied but I've tried again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Try and get to speak to someone on the phone at the Irish PayPal office, keep calling until you hear a local accent and explain it to them before the appeal date and this should help

It's not open? Sometime in June I've been told.

Advertisement