Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

I just checked Dublin-Malaga probably the busiest Ryanair route.
    They normally fly 3 round trips every day in summer.
    Now they have just one listed, 33%.....

How did you check?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

OmegaGene wrote: »
    it is on the website if you put in dublin to malaga in the search

Ryanair.com
    Just as if you going to book flight its offering 1 flight per day and normally 3, well in summer anyway...

Sorry didn't notice omega post...

i just see now on the news now that UK and us are doing the same as they did in Spain a couple of weeks ago.
    I expect a meet of EU heads in the coming week and that the same rules be pretty close through EU.
    I am thinking if things go reasonably well in the next few weeks they try and open Air travel on July 1.
    If the numbers start going wrong way different story...

My flight to Athens is still bookable.

I seriously hope it's cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i just see now on the news now that UK and us are doing the same as they did in Spain a couple of weeks ago.
    I expect a meet of EU heads in the coming week and that the same rules be pretty close through EU.
    I am thinking if things go reasonably well in the next few weeks they try and open Air travel on July 1.
    If the numbers start going wrong way different story...

But can they stop it. Spain and Italy has said bring on the tourists. At moment there are no flights but if a family has paid thousands for flights and accom and they are open in Spain etc, whats to stop them going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Received this yesterday

I acknowledge that you do not wish to accept your refund in voucher format at this time and have requested to remain on the cash refund queue. Please note that until such time as you receive your cash refund, your voucher will remain valid and can be used to purchase flights and ancillaries for any future trip you might wish to plan. Please note that our refund processing has been negatively affected by the Covid19 crisis however we will process your refund as soon as possible.

Our priority remains the health and well-being of our people and customers and our communities. Thank you sincerely for your patience and support.

Unlike many others I can wait

I got that email too and another one after that. I did absolutely nothing and the 3rd one arrived yesterday. I was going via the SCC but didn’t proceed. Still can be Re opened but I’m not going to bother, their (not them) staff are who I feel sorry for.

TheDriver wrote: »
    But can they stop it. Spain and Italy has said bring on the tourists. At moment there are no flights but if a family has paid thousands for flights and accom and they are open in Spain etc, whats to stop them going?

The EU want things to return to normal ASAP,
    As of today Spain have said that the quarantine not mandatory after July 1st.
    The big issue now will shift to hotel accommodation which always be bigger fear for me as using same living space someone else in previous day.
    Now people who do not want to travel will likely lose the cost of flight +accommodation.
    I have heard nothing as to what rules for hotels/apartments be in place for opening up of same.
    Personally i be more afraid of hotel than flight.
    That's more than a Month away and it all depends on what happens in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

joeysoap wrote: »
    Received this yesterday

I acknowledge that you do not wish to accept your refund in voucher format at this time and have requested to remain on the cash refund queue. Please note that until such time as you receive your cash refund, your voucher will remain valid and can be used to purchase flights and ancillaries for any future trip you might wish to plan. Please note that our refund processing has been negatively affected by the Covid19 crisis however we will process your refund as soon as possible.

Our priority remains the health and well-being of our people and customers and our communities. Thank you sincerely for your patience and support.

Unlike many others I can wait

Did you receive this by email or on their chat service?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

Just an update to say that the case I had with Paypal was closed in my favour and I will get a full refund from Ryanair within 5 days. Case was escalated on the 21st April so pretty happy with how Paypal resolved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

I just left it with Paypal as once you are in a dispute you're not supposed to contact the seller until resolved.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just on the voucher thing, flights for spain July are showing at 400 each way, won't be much change out of most vouchers if they stay that high. They are such a shower.

I'm looking at return flights to Beijing in January for €450.

Ryanair are a shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

Ryanair have cancelled my SNN Alicante flight outbound and offered refund/voucher however I booked a return flight same route on same booking - If I cannot get over how am I supposed to use the flight back - Should they not have to offer a refund on both legs as I booked as a single transaction? Thanks

westcork67 wrote: »
    Ryanair have cancelled my SNN Alicante flight outbound and offered refund/voucher however I booked a return flight same route on same booking - If I cannot get over how am I supposed to use the flight back - Should they not have to offer a refund on both legs as I booked as a single transaction? Thanks

I expect its automated system and it's the flight date that triggers the notification to you, i had the same a few weeks ago with other Airline...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

What happens if Ryanair don't cancel a flight, will I be out of pocket or can I still apply for voucher ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

I expect its automated system and it's the flight date that triggers the notification to you, i had the same a few weeks ago with other Airline...

Thanks Maestro - my concern is that my return flight is in August and there will be flights at 40+% according to Ryanair. If my return flight is not cancelled, are they obliged to refund my full refund fare as I booked the return flights as one booking with one reference - this will become more of an issue for many people once flights start returning

Did you receive this by email or on their chat service?

By email I never engaged with them.apologies for late reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

I am getting these emails today for all the flights I submitted a refund age ago and one from the other day (have like 6 flights)

Ryanair
    Dear Customer,

I refer to your recent request for a refund on your booking confirmation xxx.

Due to the high volume of flight cancellations due to COVID 19, we are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests. We are currently working through the backlog and assessing all requests. Please bear with us and please do not resubmit your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Ryanair Group Customer Care (Ryanair DAC, Lauda & Malta Air)

Wonder why they are emailing these now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I am getting these emails today for all the flights I submitted a refund age ago and one from the other day (have like 6 flights)

Ryanair
    Dear Customer,

I refer to your recent request for a refund on your booking confirmation xxx.

Due to the high volume of flight cancellations due to COVID 19, we are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests. We are currently working through the backlog and assessing all requests. Please bear with us and please do not resubmit your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Ryanair Group Customer Care (Ryanair DAC, Lauda & Malta Air)

Wonder why they are emailing these now?!

Ya just got my one for my flight from April 21st today. I applied for the refund mid-April when it was cancelled. Probably have the voucher e-mail in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya just got my one for my flight from April 21st today. I applied for the refund mid-April when it was cancelled. Probably have the voucher e-mail in a few days.

Have you not had a voucher email yet? My flight was cancelled about a week and a bit ago for a flight for two days time, have the voucher email now for a few days and trying to contact their support to get a refund instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I had paid for my flights through Paypal. I got all the usual voucher / delay e-mails following my application for refund. I opened a non-delivery of service case with PayPal. Got refund yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Have you not had a voucher email yet? My flight was cancelled about a week and a bit ago for a flight for two days time, have the voucher email now for a few days and trying to contact their support to get a refund instead.

No strangely enough. I had one within a few weeks from a flight I had booked in early April but the flight from the end of April has only come through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Jofspring wrote: »
    No strangely enough. I had one within a few weeks from a flight I had booked in early April but the flight from the end of April has only come through now.

Very strange, hopefully you get it soon!

Finally got onto their live chat, placed back into the cash refund queue. Didn't give a timeframe but expecting a few months :/ Lesson learned, use paypal next time

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Managed to get straight onto Ryanair chat this morning. I had flights cancelled to Edinburgh heading out on the 30th June so had applied for the refund, received the voucher email so went onto chat this morning to apply for the refund again. This is the response I got,

Hello XXXXXXX, good morning. I have informed Ryan Air refund team that you will not need voucher as refund, and you will get refund in Cash form back tot the card you used to make the payment.
    Due to social distancing set up by the government, our refund teams must work from home, and because of this they have limited access to customers personal financial information. Once the government eases the social distancing guidelines, and the refund teams are back in office, refunds will be processed according to their normal timeline of 7-10 business days. We expect them back in office by the end of this month.
    Just so you know even if I put you on the cash refund queue this voucher is still valid, just in case you do need it. In the mean time just wait for the refund​.
    You will get email confirmation on this within 48 hrs. ​
    Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation:)​​

I queried him again on the time to get the refund but all he kept repeating was the "end of this month" for the refund process to start? I'll believe it when I see it, looks like a standard cut and paste response.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Apologies if this has been asked already.
    Flights for 20th of July cancelled and I submitted the refund form. However I'd actually prefer a voucher. Got no voucher option at the time. Does anyone know if the voucher option follows?
    Couldn't get a straight answer on live chat and cant get through on the phone.

Thanks.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Submitted my online request two weeks ago and still haven't been offered the voucher.
    Only email I had had from Ryanair was to offer change of flight .

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

airbusa320 wrote: »
    Submitted my online request two weeks ago and still haven't been offered the voucher.
    Only email I had had from Ryanair was to offer change of flight .

I had this happen for my last 2 flights that got cancelled (for all previous ones I got a voucher after 10 days of applying for a refund).
    Queried on chat and the girls said she doesn't know If will be offered a voucher (and I wasn't ever 3 weeks from it now).

Maybe they changed that.
    I only wanted it so I can submtt it with my chanrgback papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

If I accept a voucher can I use it to book a flight for my wife?
    she would be travelling alone

• Advertisement

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/europe/breaking-ryanair-boss-says-flight-22136620

"Chief executive Mr O’Leary told BBC Breakfast that they have 35 million refunds to process compared to the 10,000 a week they are used to.

He said people were still waiting because “we are dealing with an unprecedented record backlog of cancellations”.

He said: “The good news is we are about 40% of the way through the process and we have already paid out nearly 500 million euro and we’ve got another 600 – 700 million euro to go, we think we will get through that in the next 10 to 12 weeks"

Advertisement