Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

I don’t believe him,
    Ryanair went for online booking earlier than other Low Cost Carriers and have the capacity to process millions of (instant) payments per week, refunds are simply the reverse of this process

A little innovation Could have produced a link for refunds on the website, just enter your booking reference and choose from a menu, refund/rebook/voucher and press go...
    All refunds would be credited to the same Card used for booking So there would be no risks of fraud or double claims

Bebop wrote: »
    A little innovation Could have produced a link for refunds on the website..............

But it hasn't so it's all seemingly being done by actual staff.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

It was pointed out some way back in this thread that Ryanair cannot process automatic refunds due to the rules laid down by the card processors, so they are having to be processed manually.

It's becoming very boring and frustrating that we are repeatedly going round the same loop because people are not reading what's being posted.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

It was pointed out some way back in this thread that Ryanair cannot process automatic refunds due to the rules laid down by the card processors, so they are having to be processed manually.

It's becoming very boring and frustrating that we are repeatedly going round the same loop because people are not reading what's being posted.

Bit harsh that. Can’t expect everyone to read through 43 pages of posts before posting something. It’s only boring and frustrating to you because you are aware of it already.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Do you know what post ## that was as i did not see it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I'd say a large proportion of that 40% are chargebacks IMO.
    If we are to believe the emails being sent out then there are no staff processing payments in their offices.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

If Ryanair wanted people to take vouchers, they should be more convincing...

People would lend them money, so it should be something like this:
    * Worth at least 5% more when redeemed
    * If not used by the end of 2021, remaining value is refunded then.

grogi wrote: »
    If Ryanair wanted people to take vouchers, they should be more convincing...

People would lend them money, so it should be something like this:
    * Worth at least 5% more when redeemed
    * If not used by the end of 2021, remaining value is refunded then.

Good point, a friend of mine got voucher from Shamrock +10%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Perhaps you could update the original post and include information learned. It'll save a lot of back and forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Are flights actually flying? On the DA website there are some departing flights listed each day but it is not clear if they are actually going.

There is a flight to Cologne a friend wants to take at 3:55pm which still seems to be going, how to find out if it is actually flying?

• Advertisement

Are flights actually flying? On the DA website there are some departing flights listed each day but it is not clear if they are actually going.

There is a flight to Cologne a friend wants to take at 3:55pm which still seems to be going, how to find out if it is actually flying?

If they are listed they be traveling, that info is live...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Got my refund from paypal today for flights due to leave in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭alentejo

Quick question. I booked flights in January to fly from Dublin to Pisa in August return for 3 x pax.

Ryanair have advised that the return flight from Pisa to Dublin is cancelled. No mention about the outbound flight being cancelled! They are offering a refund, voucher or rebooking on alternative routes\dates

Does anybody know if I am due a full refund for both outbound and inbound flights??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

alentejo wrote: »
    Does anybody know if I am due a full refund for both outbound and inbound flights??

You are not

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

You are not

Do you have a reference to where that info is because according to my email from Ryanair Yes you are.

My outbound flight is still on for this weekend. I got an email a couple of weeks ago that the return flight is cancelled.
    I clicked the refund option and ticked all passengers and all flights.

I received a confirmation this week ( offering voucher) stating the amount owed to me is "full amount".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Quick question. I booked flights in January to fly from Dublin to Pisa in August return for 3 x pax.

Ryanair have advised that the return flight from Pisa to Dublin is cancelled. No mention about the outbound flight being cancelled! They are offering a refund, voucher or rebooking on alternative routes\dates

Same a me, my return flight to Greece was cancelled but the outbound is still going in July. Thought I would only get a refund for one leg. I booked as a single booking for outbound and return under one booking.
    I received a refund, well a voucher code for the FULL booking value, that includes the outbound and return legs. SO if your situation is like mine and it sounds like it is then you should get a full refund.
    I will not be taking up the voucher, would prefer the cash !

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭alentejo

Gerry T wrote: »
    Same a me, my return flight to Greece was cancelled but the outbound is still going in July. Thought I would only get a refund for one leg. I booked as a single booking for outbound and return under one booking.
    I received a refund, well a voucher code for the FULL booking value, that includes the outbound and return legs. SO if your situation is like mine and it sounds like it is then you should get a full refund.

Will seek full amount. Mrs S not interested in going to Italy at the moment!

Will seek full amount. Mrs S not interested in going to Italy at the moment!

I think your right, could be half empty restaurants and little atmosphere when out and about.
    We're looking a putting in a garden room instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Did anyone here not get a full refund voucher code when only 1 leg was cancelled? I was advised on another thread to wait for my outbound flight to be cancelled before applying for refund. Just inbound cancelled for our family and due to fly to faro in mid July. Have been holding off cancelling so I could get the full refund.

donnacha wrote: »
    Did anyone here not get a full refund voucher code when only 1 leg was cancelled? I was advised on another thread to wait for my outbound flight to be cancelled before applying for refund. Just inbound cancelled for our family and due to fly to faro in mid July. Have been holding off cancelling so I could get the full refund.

I think you need to contact customer service and they will explain.
    I needed contact them a few weeks ago as they were changing the time of day of my flight. I got through on chat line pretty well straight away and they changed both flights to new dates of my choosing free.
    Just to clarify your out flight still running in mid July and return at later time, i am thinking this system error and that both should have being cancelled.
    I am of the opinion normal flight service will resume on July 1st if things stay going as is.
    Have your homework done before you contact as they may try to make you travel if normal service resumes on July 1.
    My trip is Malaga and the reason for my changes are FR normally have 3 flights per day on this route, last time i looked for 2020 there one trip each day.

• Advertisement

donnacha wrote: »

What I did was went in and sought a refund as soon as one leg was cancelled. I followed the link and selected the booking reference. Went back in to see I had no upcoming flights (outbound or return), when Ryanair had only cancelled the return leg. It was at least a month later when the offered the voucher and as previously said it was for the full value or outward and return legs.
    If I were you I wouldn't hang about or they might try hit you with a late fee for cancelling

What I did was went in and sought a refund as soon as one leg was cancelled. I followed the link and selected the booking reference. Went back in to see I had no upcoming flights (outbound or return), when Ryanair had only cancelled the return leg. It was at least a month later when the offered the voucher and as previously said it was for the full value or outward and return legs.
    If I were you I wouldn't hang about or they might try hit you with a late fee for cancelling

Thanks. I'm wary the outbound leg won't get cancelled closer to the date as their schedule shows in July one am flight departing daily to Faro.

donnacha wrote:
    Thanks. I'm wary the outbound leg won't get cancelled closer to the date as their schedule shows in July one am flight departing daily to Faro.

I was the same but it looked to me like they cancelled the booking and not the flight. So both flights got refunded in my case ot was the outbound leg they cancelled.
    Worth going into the link and seeing of it's the booking you look for a refund, that's how it was in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

has anybody actually got a refund from any airline? ryanair saying they have more than half processed on the radio but i dont know anybody who got a cash refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    has anybody actually got a refund from any airline? ryanair saying they have more than half processed on the radio but i dont know anybody who got a cash refund.

Several people on the refund thread on the travel forum have had refunds

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Caranica wrote: »
    Several people on the refund thread on the travel forum have had refunds

Those that have, were for flights due to fly March.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have a flight to Italy next week that is not cancelled. Is my only option to pay the date change fee?

Thanks to everyone for the advice here. I decided to apply for the refund as my flights to/from Faro this coming July only had the return flight cancelled. The option to change the flights to next summer ended up being a significant additional cost (an extra €510) as I was being charged a fee to reschedule the outbound flight.

Sunday June 13th 5pm - I completed the refund application form. It was quite straightforward - I only had to enter flight reservation number, my details, reason for refund (cancelled flight) and one tick box to select for all customers on all flights associated with the reservation.

Weds June 17th noon - I received an email with a voucher code for the full value of the original booking. I was able to then go in and select next years flights for the family and I have ended up with €300 left over on my voucher.

The t's&c's are also pretty clear that if I don't use this balance within 12 months then they'll refund it to me.

In the end its turned out pretty painless for me as I was happy with the voucher scenario as we had agreed separately to push out our accommodation bookings to summer 2021.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Just used my voucher to book 2 lots of flights for later this year. Happy with the voucher.

• Advertisement

So much for the people that were suggesting bringing Airlines to court a few weeks ago in the midst of the crisis.

Advertisement