Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭joeysoap

So much for the people that were suggesting bringing Airlines to court a few weeks ago in the midst of the crisis.

I was bringing a case against RY but decided against it once they promised me a full refund. I can wait. It’s called changing your mind. It’s allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

joeysoap wrote: »
    I was bringing a case against RY but decided against it once they promised me a full refund. I can wait. It’s called changing your mind. It’s allowed.

I did chargeback on all the flights id booked.
    Got the money back for them all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Got this today from RA, is this a new one? I've already gotten the here have a voucher, no thanks, chat text to confirm I want a refund, confirmed it again in chat after they sent the 'go on have a voucher' one. I've started a chargeback with AIB. Don't remember seeing this one.

I refer to your recent request for a refund on your booking confirmation xxx.

Due to the high volume of flight cancellations due to COVID 19, we are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests. We are currently working through the backlog and ask that you please bear with us.

Please do not resubmit your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I got the same message.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I did chargeback on all the flights id booked.
    Got the money back for them all.

I opened PayPal 'non-delivery' cases for two sets of flights. Got 2nd set refunded last week. 1st set were refunded last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,686 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its going to be interesting to see if Ryanair actually cross-reference their Paypal and card chargebacks against refunds; or whether we're going to have posts in a years time of "Ryanair are chasing me for money I got back twice" / people getting a refund from Paypal/card and then using the voucher anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have a flight next weekend that is scheduled to depart. Can I change to a future date? The tour I was going on is already cancelled

I'm fairly sure June flights are not covered under their extended no change fee policy; only July and August.

L1011 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure June flights are not covered under their extended no change fee policy; only July and August.

How much is the change fee?

Gael23 wrote: »
    How much is the change fee?

It depends - go try rebook via the website; that'll give you the exact amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have flights booked for October, not sure on travelling due to , what options do I have, just lose the full payment? It's a change of mind I guess so can't really epect anything refunded?

Or can I take a voucher and pay an admin fee?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Have flights booked for October, not sure on travelling due to , what options do I have, just lose the full payment? It's a change of mind I guess so can't really epect anything refunded?

Or can I take a voucher and pay an admin fee?

Right now, for October - nothing.

They provided change of mind (by rebooking) for July/August a few days ago, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Right now, for October - nothing.

They provided change of mind (by rebooking) for July/August a few days ago, though.

I believe this only applies to new bookings though and not old bookings.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    I believe this only applies to new bookings though and not old bookings.

So basically tough for me? Is there a way to get a voucher less admin fee or something or will I lose the lot? Actually it's December for some reason I thought It was October (not that it matters I guess)

So basically tough for me? Is there a way to get a voucher less admin fee or something or will I lose the lot? Actually it's December for some reason I thought It was October (not that it matters I guess)

The voucher is only for cancelled flights. Right now there are no options for you.

If you don't use the flights you can request the tax/charges element back but this is often less than the fee they charge for refunding it!

Noxegon wrote: »
    I got the same message.

+ another one here.

Gael23 wrote: »
    I have a flight next weekend that is scheduled to depart. Can I change to a future date? The tour I was going on is already canecelled

Is there any June flights? anyway unless your from Dublin you can’t travel outside your county.

Is there any June flights? anyway unless your from Dublin you can’t travel outside your county.

There is a limited schedule operating.

The distance restrictions are for non-essential travel and do actually end in June anyway (just!)

The voucher is only for cancelled flights. Right now there are no options for you.

If you don't use the flights you can request the tax/charges element back but this is often less than the fee they charge for refunding it!

Thought as much, thanks a lot for that info. It's an open jaw journey (bought 2 independent seperate flights) if they change the times that don't suit me is there any remedy in that case?

Cheers

Thought as much, thanks a lot for that info. It's an open jaw journey (bought 2 independent seperate flights) if they change the times that don't suit me is there any remedy in that case?

Cheers

Only if changed within 14 days of the flight.

• Advertisement

Only if changed within 14 days of the flight.

So basically I should sit tight and see what they do 14 days in advance? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Started chargeback with AIB 3 weeks ago. Got letter today stating they don't have the correspondance needed to make the claim ( didn't state which extra ones were needed /left short).

Gave me 7 days from date of letter to send in all correspondence again to make claim or claim won't be processed and scrapped.
    Date on top of letter... 11th June.

Ones as bad as the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

+ another one here.

I got two of them today. For the same flight :rolleyes:

Could Ryanair be so clever as to not cancel a flight until the last moment so everyone pays the change fee to rebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm booked in July. About half plane seats pre-booked. I'd say vast majority will not turn up and suffer the loss. Although if govt travel ban/want u to staycation then insurance might kick in

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m sure they will fly as many planes as possible so they won’t have to refund people, empty planes and they get paid is a win win for O’Leary and co

not really as they have to meet actual bum in seats limits to keep the slots and not pay penalties

OmegaGene wrote: »
    PayPal case closed in my favour this morning €1500 coming back to me

Ryanair are strangely silent on claims through Paypal. I wonder if they just know they will lose or havent copped it yet

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Started chargeback with AIB 3 weeks ago. Got letter today stating they don't have the correspondance needed to make the claim ( didn't state which extra ones were needed /left short).

Gave me 7 days from date of letter to send in all correspondence again to make claim or claim won't be processed and scrapped.
    Date on top of letter... 11th June.

Ones as bad as the other.

Straight forward enough with PTSB. copy of booking, copy of cancellation email, copy of my contact with Ryanair and the chargeback request. Took a few weeks but no issue

Its going to be interesting to see if Ryanair actually cross-reference their Paypal and card chargebacks against refunds; or whether we're going to have posts in a years time of "Ryanair are chasing me for money I got back twice" / people getting a refund from Paypal/card and then using the voucher anyway.

Nah they notice, I requested a refund and then changed the flight in the end. I got an email 2 days ago telling me they rejected my refund request as i had since claimed an alternative method. that was for one of the original March ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭john boye

Nah they notice, I requested a refund and then changed the flight in the end. I got an email 2 days ago telling me they rejected my refund request as i had since claimed an alternative method. that was for one of the original March ones

Able to process that one quick enough, weren't they?

Advertisement