Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post to give two free postcards to every household.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

There is a thread with an ambiguous title of (I'm sorry but this is lunacy) hidden away in another section that most people including myself wont even see and even if they did see the title, most will just ignore, meanwhile I'm trying to raise awareness of a possible huge and totally unnecessary public health risk and having my thread shut down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Now everyone's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

timhenn wrote: »
    Now everyone's happy.

Bring back the old thread title I say! :mad:

If the stories are really true about this living on paper and cardboard for 24 hours then none of have a hope, and we’d be as well off going out and licking door handles as much as isolating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If the stories are really true about this living on paper and cardboard for 24 hours then none of have a hope, and we’d be as well off going out and licking door handles as much as isolating.
    Maybe if it could be absorbed through your skin, which it can't...

• Advertisement

I know they don't stop you getting Corona but would face masks worn by delivery personnel ( all the way from parcel origin to delivery) stop it getting onto parcels and other items?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

blade1 wrote: »
    I know they don't stop you getting Corona but would face masks worn by delivery personnel ( all the way from parcel origin to delivery) stop it getting onto parcels and other items?

Face masks?

We only got hand sanitizers yesterday !

Face masks?

We only got hand sanitizers yesterday !

I hear you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Some hipster graduate marketers wet dream this is. Junk mail, great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Or you could leave it in the letterbox overnight and then wash your hands after touching it.

Wouldn't recommend licking door handles at any point.

• Advertisement

copper12 wrote: »
    There are those’ especially elderly and those in rural areas.
    Who’s only contact with the outside world, is with the postman or women.
    Another visit a couple of days later from the postman; may well indicate that something is not right.
    Otherwise we may hear of people, that have succumbed the covid19’ weeks or months later.

No postman or woman actually calls to each individual house. That’s what letterboxes are for, be they on the front door or at the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Darc19 wrote: »
    The most favorite 2 words of scaremongerers

"up to"
    Closely followed by "pretty certain that" and "I heard from a reliable source".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I'd assume an post took advice from the HSE before committing to this.

I just disinfect the postbox after the postman has been there (or junk mail delivery folk - can't believe companies are still sending them out). It should be disinfected FOR them too.

I'd assume an post took advice from the HSE before committing to this.

:pac::pac::pac::pac: good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Wipe everything down with an antibacterial spray/wipe ��

Always been a good idea .

I've worked in post offices and have seen the odd postman come out of the toilets without washing their hands so have practiced that since.

They would of course have.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    They would of course have.

If the HSE saw some of the working conditions in sorting offices they'd probably have a stroke.
    Lambs to the slaughter.

Also staff have to take post off people that want it picked up at their home.
    I suppose the HSE cleared that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I can live in hope. 😛

An Post is a semi state agency. They are at least going to follow the HSE guidelines.

• Advertisement

An Post is a semi state agency. They are at least going to follow the HSE guidelines.

Care to back that up with something?
    What are the guidelines in this situation?

I'll repeat, posties did not have basic hand sanitizers till Friday just gone. This despite that fact we were delivering hand sanitizers to customer's.

Do ye honestly think that the senior management, health and safety, legal, HR of a semi state body are not going to consult at all with the HSE or not read the guidelines on the HSE website at least? If the message isn't filtering down because of the fragmentation of such a service, that's another thing, but I cannot be so cynical as to decide there has been zero such consultation. That's not how things work.

I'll repeat, posties did not have basic hand sanitizers till Friday just gone. This despite that fact we were delivering hand sanitizers to customer's.

Whatever about putting these postcards into houses what about the people inside self isolating with virus and leaving them out for the postie to send them off for them.
    What are the guideline for this.
    Not aimed at you mark but to the posters that seem to know that all is dandy to fire away shur you're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

My local postie got his on wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,024 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This is very true.
    On reading about this my brother quipped "if they hurry up and deliver my sanitizer I'll give one to the postman myself"

Whatever about putting these postcards into houses what about the people inside self isolating with virus and leaving them out for the postie to send them off for them.
    What are the guideline for this.
    Not aimed at you mark but to the posters that seem to know that all is dandy to fire away shur you're grand.

None,zero..

Told .. "be careful"

None,zero..

Told .. "be careful"

I know.

Not too bad. Only waiting 2 months.
    Maybe the extra safety measures will arrive in 2 months time all going well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This is very true.
    On reading about this my brother quipped "if they hurry up and deliver my sanitizer I'll give one to the postman myself"

Ohhhh, Matron!

Advertisement