Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post to give two free postcards to every household.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

blade1 wrote: »
    Not too bad. Only waiting 2 months.
    Maybe the extra safety measures will arrive in 2 months time all going well :rolleyes:
    Even though it's sh1t, supplies are low, and I doubt any organisation here (bar the health sector) was making provisions back in mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Even though it's sh1t, supplies are low, and I doubt any organisation here (bar the health sector) was making provisions back in mid January.

Doubt all you want.
    With cages full of packets originating from China being handled in every sorting office daily, the minute people started dropping in China, provisions were requested.

But keep assuming stuff all you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

blade1 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac: good one!

People still fully convinced the system has their back, it's un****ingbelievable carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We got these today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got mine yesterday. I put them straight in the recycle bin.
    With An Post already under pressure with staggered working hours, I didn't want to contribute to adding to their work load anymore.
    We were already told this week to expect delivery delays from the staggered working hours so this is only adding more delay.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm going do a Phoebe Buffet and send out happy thoughts to all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Also.. How much is this costing the state?
    I think we need every sent we can scrape together now, not spending it on junk mail.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

has anyone actually sent or received one yet?

They are surely the iodine tablet of 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can you staple your winning streak entry to one I wonder?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Can you staple your winning streak entry to one I wonder?

Why couldn't you?
    As long as you have a stapler.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Just a thought that some people might actually need them.

Andrew McGinley’s children Conor, nine, Darragh, seven and Carla three, were found dead at their home in Newcastle, Co Dublin on January 24.

Now, he is asking the public for help as he isolates at his home in Newcastle, Co. Dublin.
    In a tweet today, the heartbroken dad admitted he was 'struggling'.

"I’m looking for a favour. I’m struggling with isolation like you all but really missing the company. I was also enjoying most of the letters that I received so I have a request. Can you write to me? If you feel like using one of your An Post postcards then great. Letters welcome.

He signed the tweet with his address: Andrew McGinley, Newcastle, Co Dublin, D22 VH77

https://twitter.com/conorsclips/status/1243546722208559105

Just a thought that some people might actually need them.

Andrew McGinley’s children Conor, nine, Darragh, seven and Carla three, were found dead at their home in Newcastle, Co Dublin on January 24.

Now, he is asking the public for help as he isolates at his home in Newcastle, Co. Dublin.
    In a tweet today, the heartbroken dad admitted he was 'struggling'.

"I’m looking for a favour. I’m struggling with isolation like you all but really missing the company. I was also enjoying most of the letters that I received so I have a request. Can you write to me? If you feel like using one of your An Post postcards then great. Letters welcome.

He signed the tweet with his address: Andrew McGinley, Newcastle, Co Dublin, D22 VH77

https://twitter.com/conorsclips/status/1243546722208559105

Be handy for the postman if everyone sent their card to Andrew.
    Only one drop off needed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

send them all to michael d's dog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

sDDb6bF.png
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This is very true.
    On reading about this my brother quipped "if they hurry up and deliver my sanitizer I'll give one to the postman myself"
    Ohhhh, Matron!

Sexual innuendo concerning an act of caring in such a time of near-crisis? Tut tut. We all know the clever wordplay is just lifted from the lyrics of a Beatles song:
    Come together,
    Right now,
    Over me.

Wait a minute.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Got my card(s) today. They come as one A4ish bit of glossy paper. You have to cut it yourself to make it into two. If I didn't know what they were I'd assume it was junk mail as there was no information or anything with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Havent received mine yet though other post has come

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Havent received mine yet though other post has come

Yoire missing absolutely nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yoire missing absolutely nothing

They must have commissioned different drawings as well. Mine has people (and a cat) sitting at windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I think it's a lovely gesture by the state/an post, I received mine Monday, sent them off yesterday to two different older family members who I haven't been able to meet up with for a couple of weeks, told them we'll meet up for a pint when this crisis is all over, it's the little things as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Neowise

They must have commissioned different drawings as well. Mine has people (and a cat) sitting at windows.

I got the one you describe.

Maybe there is only the two versions, one with 1st postcard in english and 2nd in irish, and the other being the other way around.

521238.png

Advertisement