Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My missing Kinnegar has been found and is to be re-delivered. Will bring eventual completion by Fastway back to 100% but not reliability.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Porterhouse are advertising 4 for €10 on their core range of 500ml bottles. Appears to be instore in a few places but can't seem to find this price anywhere online though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

DrinkStore has them, though it's 12 for €30.

BeerNut wrote: »
    DrinkStore has them, though it's 12 for €30.

Aye I was hoping for more of a mix and match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Anyone know how often CraftCentral re-stock? I know it's dependent on suppliers, but they seem to be sold out of a lot of beers for the past week or so..

• Advertisement

Anyone know how often CraftCentral re-stock? I know it's dependent on suppliers, but they seem to be sold out of a lot of beers for the past week or so..

Thursday used to be delivery day for most microbreweries. No idea if that's the norm now though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Anyone know how often CraftCentral re-stock?
    Several times a week, but if you're waiting for one particular beer to come back, you could be in for a long one, if it reappears at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Had a 8 degrees oatmeal pale ale today for the first time. Cannot recommend enough. Lovely stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

My 5l keg of Blacks Brewery - Rocketship IPA was delivered today by Fastway *\0/*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

mike_cork wrote: »
    Had a 8 degrees oatmeal pale ale today for the first time. Cannot recommend enough. Lovely stuff

i had a session pale ale a few years ago by 8 degrees, sweet jaysis it was gorgeous. i wonder do they still do it. i'll keep an eye out for the oatmeal one too.

been surviving on bru's pale ale 4.5%. its new, just started drinking it in the pub on tap before the disaster. they have their own van and delivery guy, so theres the beginning of a nice friendship there. no worries with dodgy couriers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Ordered a 12 pack mix of Black Donkey, 12 pack mix of Siege and 12 pack of St Mels Helles from BeerCloud two days ago. Arrived today. Never tried the Siege but the weekend is sorted now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sambowden

Any Irish Breweries running any good deals this week?

ThirdBarrel have a good one - 24 for 60 Euro (free shipping).

But I already got 24 off them - looking for a change - but would like to keep the costs below the 70 mark for 24 (440-500ml Cans/Bottles), preferably 60 Euro! Im fairly broke but want to support Irish if I can!

sambowden wrote: »
    Any Irish Breweries running any good deals this week?

ThirdBarrel have a good one - 24 for 60 Euro (free shipping).

But I already got 24 off them - looking for a change - but would like to keep the costs below the 70 mark for 24 (440-500ml Cans/Bottles), preferably 60 Euro! Im fairly broke but want to support Irish if I can!

St mels are the cheapest on beercloud (32 for 12 pack). If you enter the code "LONGFORD" at checkout its a further 5% off.

9 white deer are doing 3 cases (i.e. 36x500ml beers total) for 90 including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Not sure if mentioned but be careful if buying from Black's as they use fastway.

I ordered one of the mini kegs last week. Would have been as well throwing the money out the window.

Credit where it's due to both Black's and Fastway - I sent Black's an email last Thursday, they got in touch with Fastway the following morning and I had my keg on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Had a Radicaldrinks/ O'Hara's (mixed IPA case) order disappear into the fastway blackhole too. All sorted now, but was waiting longer than I should've.
    Ordered a 12 pack mix of Black Donkey, 12 pack mix of Siege and 12 pack of St Mels Helles from BeerCloud two days ago. Arrived today. Never tried the Siege but the weekend is sorted now :)
    I assume you mean Western Herd rather than Seige? Only thing putting me off the mixed case is the Back Beat, as not a fan of the style. Apart from that, all good!

The back beat is really nice... But I'm bias in that I like the style ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The back beat is really nice... But I'm bias in that I like the style ha ha
    In fairness to Carlow Brewing, they said I could swap out the wheat from they're "core" box if wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Had a Radicaldrinks/ O'Hara's (mixed IPA case) order disappear into the fastway blackhole too. All sorted now, but was waiting longer than I should've.

I assume you mean Western Herd rather than Seige? Only thing putting me off the mixed case is the Back Beat, as not a fan of the style. Apart from that, all good!

Yep western herd. The Back Beat is nice, very much tastes like leffe if that’s your thing. Their Coast Road is also nice but the others were meh.

Yep western herd. The Back Beat is nice, very much tastes like leffe if that’s your thing. Their Coast Road is also nice but the others were meh.

Would pretty much agree with all of that.Coast road and back beat are really good. The rest are really bog standard.
    I wish them good luck but i wouldn't be ordering their beer again.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    In fairness to Carlow Brewing, they said I could swap out the wheat from they're "core" box if wanted.

I took a look on their website. Has anyone had the Stiegl (wheat beer,lager & radler are offered on their site)? Stiegl brewery has a good reputation online after a quick google. Carlow brewery seem to be the offical distributor for them in ireland (http://simonsaysbeer.com/2017/06/13/austria-comes-to-ireland/)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I took a look on their website. Has anyone had the Stiegl (wheat beer,lager & radler are offered on their site)? Stiegl brewery has a good reputation online after a quick google. Carlow brewery seem to be the offical distributor for them in ireland (http://simonsaysbeer.com/2017/06/13/austria-comes-to-ireland/)

Decent German style brewery.
    I'll happily drink the lager when in Austria.
    The radler is lovely - very low ABV.

Stiegl lager basically the only thing in stock in the 'kitchen' of the Austrian overnight train I took last year (they barely had food), but the cans were nice and cold and not particularly dear so rather too many were consumed and we ended up wandering around Milan at 10am with a hangover. Not fun. Hotel didn't let us in until 3!

Got a doorstep delivery from Kildare Brewing yesterday but was so wrecked from a week of both earlies and lates in work that I had one cold can from the fridge (Kinnegar) and went to bed so nothings been touched yet

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Atlantean is one of my favourites from WH.. really good!

Basq wrote: »
    Atlantean is one of my favourites from WH.. really good!

Just as well I ordered already sold out

Whiplash have changed to UPS for deliveries. The Fastway driver won't get to judge me as much now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Fantastic beer.

Is it acceptable to drink a full keg to oneself?

Fantastic beer.

Is it acceptable to drink a full keg to oneself?

Yep, I polished one last week *\0/*
    And have another for this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Just went to order from treaty city brewery...most of their beers out of stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Can I ask a stupid question in relation to the mini kegs. Do you need anything further to get the beer out of the mini keg? Tap or anything else?

Advertisement