Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was Kildare's "turn" in my unwritten rota but they only have the lager in stock on their site currently; so Larkins and Kinnegar via Beercloud it is

Local shop must be wondering why their sales of GBB/O'Haras/McGargles/Rascals are way down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FYI for anyone around Sligo - Walker 1781 are doing growler’s of Kinnegar, White Hag and Lough Gill..

103257948-172259294257980-4373157579613531553-n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

L1011 wrote: »
    Whiplash order arrived looking bedraggled. One can burst and leaked over the two slabs. First damage at all and it came from the "professional' UPS!

I had an issue with UPS delivering my Whiplash order. I emailed the guys in the brewery and their response was nothing short of exceptional. I won't go in to details, but suffice to say they take customer care very seriously and they're now my regular payday treat to myself. Helps that their brew is lovely

For clarification, problem was entirely with UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Same in my situation, UPS at fault and Whiplash dealt with it quickly and professionally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

UPS seem to be doing really bad recently. I would have anticipated better from such a big brand. I had two non-beer orders from the same retailer due at the same time. One made it, one was lost in transit. I've spent the last week trying to chase it with UPS and trying to get reimbursement from them for a lost package. And the retailer is not responsive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Geuze wrote: »
    I wonder can you collect from the brewery?

I have been told that you can buy direct and collect from Galway Hooker brewery, exact cash only.

25 euro for 12 x 500ml.

It's 38 online, incl delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Just order the Birthday Case from Treaty City...

Watermelon Wheat Beer
    IPA
    Milk Stout
    Pale Ale

3 bottles of each for €45 delivered

Still not fully stocked so i will need to wait until next week to get my Red Ale

So my beers arrived Wednesday...

So far
    Watermelon Wheat Beer is lovely, would love if they added it to their core range

Milk Stout is very pleasant, not very strong, smooth and perfect at room temperature

Pale Ale...not to my taste, it reminds of those super hoppy ales(think it has too much cascade hop) I think it's grand if you want just 1 beer but I couldn't be able to have 2 in a row

IPA...super fruity and super hoppy it's nice...

Delighted with my order...well worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hurrache wrote: »
    Roughly where do you live? They do say on their website that some DPD depots are having issues and can't guarantee a delivery date for those. They've always been next day for me.

I'm in Southwest Dublin. I've put in another order today, fingers crossed it arrives before the weekend

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

They're good guys all right. Made a mistake with one of my orders a while back. It was an easy mistake to make, and wasn't really a problem, but I let them know just in case they made the same error with someone else's order in the future. The next order from them contained a few extra cans from them as an apology. They didn't need to do that, but it was much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

My first Beerclub order arrived this morning - very impressed with the packaging, and that it came An Post - An Post delivery a massive positive for me!

Might actually get back to an actual off licence this evening for a nose. We have been ordering via beer cloud and radical drinks, but kinda well stocked of beers we'd commit to a case of. I was late to the beer club/ craft central party (that and it's been a slow conversion of the missus to craft - she's on board now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm in Southwest Dublin. I've put in another order today, fingers crossed it arrives before the weekend

Well my 2nd craft central order arrived next day, very happy with that. Strange it took over a week on my first order, probably DPDs fault. Anyway, excited to try St. Mels new cans and Hope's summer pale ale

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

White Hag have released this year's Beann Gulban Heather Sour. Available as a mixed case on their site but would rather just buy it on its own if anyone spots it.

https://www.thewhitehag.com/product/barrel-aged-delight-mix-2/

irish_goat wrote: »
    White Hag have released this year's Beann Gulban Heather Sour. Available as a mixed case on their site but would rather just buy it on its own if anyone spots it.

Lovely stuff, and Black Boar too.

They indicated putting a small batch online so keep an eye on the likes ofCraft Central.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Placed my first order with Craft Central yesterday evening and it's already on a van heading my way.:)Some Kinnegar, Omnipollo and Lineman,stuff it's hard for me to get unless I trek into Bradley's which isn't always convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Placed my first order with Craft Central yesterday evening and it's already on a van heading my way.:)Some Kinnegar, Omnipollo and Lineman,stuff it's hard for me to get unless I trek into Bradley's which isn't always convenient.

Made my first order from them last night as well and it's ready for courier to collect. Mostly trying the Wild Beer company ales with a few other special editions thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

irish_goat wrote: »

That's probably my favourite Irish beer, ever.
    I'd love a case of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

mcgovern wrote: »
    Made my first order from them last night as well and it's ready for courier to collect. Mostly trying the Wild Beer company ales with a few other special editions thrown in.

It's arrived, within 24 hours and within the DPD delivery window texted to me. 10/10 service :D:D

That's probably my favourite Irish beer, ever.
    I'd love a case of it.

@ beer revolu - keep bumping into you in the Cork City forum so assuming you are in Cork (think you've commented re Bradley's) - but fyi, Bierhaus just took delivery of a couple of bottles of Beans Gulban, just posted to their FB.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Craft Central has it too now.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »

Yup - looks like all the usual spots just got their delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Your money .?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They don't. Went to get it there and it's sold out!

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anyone have any idea what is happening with Treaty City Brewery Red Ale been out of stock for ages

They don't. Went to get it there and it's sold out!

Any other suggestions?

I would assume Bradley’s has it by now, could give them a shout to get a bottle sent to you. Same with Bierhaus, also in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I would assume Bradley’s has it by now, could give them a shout to get a bottle sent to you. Same with Bierhaus, also in Cork.

I'l give Bradley's a shout in the morning. Nothing on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Porterhouse Wrasslers is available in cans again, anyone know of places delivering it, for some reason you can only buy their core range in their own online shop?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Porterhouse Wrasslers is available in cans again, anyone know of places delivering it
    57 The Headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

57 The Headline.

They appear to be just selling mixed cases of Phouse stuff I just want the Wrasslers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

They appear to be just selling mixed cases of Phouse stuff I just want the Wrasslers

It might appear on the Porterhouse webshop if you keep an eye there.

Advertisement