Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

They appear to be just selling mixed cases of Phouse stuff I just want the Wrasslers

I assume the usual spots (Craft Central, Martin's et al) will take delivery in the next few days? Also might be worth calling Bradley's in Cork - not sure did the other guy in this thread have success getting on to them.

Edit: They shared on their Instagram that they have the new Porthouse cans in stock on their 4 for €12.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They appear to be just selling mixed cases of Phouse stuff I just want the Wrasslers
    This page?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

BeerNut wrote: »

Sorry didn't find that earlier, cheers.

Does anyone know if I order from The Headline now will it arrive by Friday?

Edit: ordered anyway, heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They don't. Went to get it there and it's sold out!

Any other suggestions?

Can confirm that Martins have it in store but not on website.

517627.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Boxstravaganza on sale..

.. a bit pricey and nothing beats that train from Ballymote to Sligo, but it's something!

https://www.thewhitehag.com/product/boxtravaganza-mixed-case

Basq wrote: »
    Boxstravaganza on sale..

.. a bit pricey and nothing beats that train from Ballymote to Sligo, but it's something!

https://www.thewhitehag.com/product/boxtravaganza-mixed-case

Pre registrations isn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Pre registrations isn’t it?

sale of the box today. But their site is getting hammered so it’s really slow. If you just stay at it you should get it

matrim wrote: »
    sale of the box today. But their site is getting hammered so it’s really slow. If you just stay at it you should get it

Ah right. Their social media implied you had to have registered for it so I never bothered trying this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

matrim wrote: »

Yeah, just keep at it. Bagged one.

Hopefully we get back to Ballymote next year.
    Ah right. Their social media implied you had to have registered for it so I never bothered trying this evening.

Just register on site now and a link will be sent in a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That let me order without any registration...

Google Checkout is a mess. Kept giving spurious errors about address problems and trying to drag up an employer email address from five years ago. Thankfully they have a conventional checkout

I actually won tickets to the first ever Hagstravanganza and the reason I won them (was a 'give us a reason why' competition) decided he didn't want to go to Sligo; every one since I've been caught up on something else. I live on the train line so it shouldn't be that hard to get there!

edit: they do say they may limit boxes to former attendees if required. They/their payments system has actually taken money already but if they impose that I'm not going to moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Can anyone tell me what the difference between a pale ale and an IPA is? I had thought they were essentially the same thing, but quite a few brands (e.g. O'Haras) sell both.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between a pale ale and an IPA is? I had thought they were essentially the same thing, but quite a few brands (e.g. O'Haras) sell both.

Quite a bit, depending on how the brewery interprets the title. And what an IPA is heavily depends on when the brewery started making them really.

IPAs are generally a bit stronger and hoppier; but this is totally brewery dependent. And "hoppier" can mean entirely different tastes depending on the type of hops used.

Its a minefield really.

Also, you will find "IPA" as an abbreviation of "Irish Pale Ale" from some brewers which means, well, not a lot normally; but the usual expansion of IPA is India Pale Ale.

I had no hassle whatsoever with the White Hag box but maybe I beat the crowd..

.. just the standard box as already have a facemask from them (and Bru Brewery) and 4 glasses from various Hagstravaganza's (they get harder to get home safe every year! :D)

Recommend the glasses if you don't have them though.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between a pale ale and an IPA is?
    Broadly, you would expect an IPA to be stronger and more intensely hop-flavoured than a pale ale, but that only really works when you're looking at the range from a single brewery, and even then it stopped being meaningful for new beers about a decade ago.

"IPA" can be applied to anything now, so it's meaningless really. The knock-on is that "Pale Ale" means either a beer that's been unchanged for the last ten years, or something created to be deliberately retro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Pale Ales tend to be a bit lower abv, but actually O'Hara's Pale Ale is one that's pretty much the same as their IPA's!

Radical Drinks/ O'Hara's have a mixed pale ale box - I still rate their Pale Ale, I love their new White Haze, and the Freebird is liked by my wit loving wife! After loving it previously, and not having it for a few years, I was a bit meh about the Double IPA though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nobody knows anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Never been to Hagstravanganza but stuck in an order anyway. Definitely on the pricey side but I could do with some new glasses and sure it's payday :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Never been to Hagstravanganza but stuck in an order anyway. Definitely on the pricey side but I could do with some new glasses and sure it's payday :)

I might split the box with a friend or two. It's pricey, but decent enough value for 24 beers at the same time.

irish_goat wrote: »
    I might split the box with a friend or two. It's pricey, but decent enough value for 24 beers at the same time.
    Just under €4 each could be either great or terrible value depending on the beers! :D

But I trust there'll be more killer than filler..

This won't be your standard Beer52 fare I reckon..

• Advertisement

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I was a bit meh about the Double IPA though.
    I've always really enjoyed this on draught but it's consistently disappointing bottled. I wonder are the kegs unpasteurised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

BeerNut wrote: »
    I've always really enjoyed this on draught but it's consistently disappointing bottled. I wonder are the kegs unpasteurised.
    It was probably when I was starting to broaden my horizons that I really liked it - it could be my taste has moved on - so it maybe not the worst gateway double!

Pulled the trigger on the new beercloud beer box (would've signed up for a monthly plan only I prefer to control the day it's taken). So hopefully supporting craft breweries, and supporting one of those that stepped up to support craft breweries!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I have to say Whiplash have their order and delivery spot on. Last 3 have been perfect. Ordered before noon and arrived next day by UPS. I've had trouble before with 8 Degrees, The Beer Club and (to some extent) O'Briens

Basq wrote: »
    Just under €4 each could be either great or terrible value depending on the beers! :D

But I trust there'll be more killer than filler..

This won't be your standard Beer52 fare I reckon..

Yeah I'm trusting it will be a decent box. Have bit the bullet on it anyway so.

Announcing the full list of breweries on their Facebook this evening at 7pm if anyone is dithering.

Did I read there’s a load of foreign stuff in the box?

Did I read there’s a load of foreign stuff in the box?

That's usually the case with Hagstravaganza. They try to serve beers that have never been poured in Ireland before. Green Cheek, The Kernel, Alefarm, Mad Scientist and Cloudwater have been mentioned so far.

Order from The Headline on the 24th came today at 12, great service.

Got what's basically an order confirmation today for the Hagstravaganza box so that should all be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

irish_goat wrote: »
    That's usually the case with Hagstravaganza. They try to serve beers that have never been poured in Ireland before. Green Cheek, The Kernel, Alefarm, Mad Scientist and Cloudwater have been mentioned so far.

Have ordered a box myself.
    Have been to the Hag the last few years and it always falls around my birthday weekend.

Got a 15% discount code today and ordered a fair whack of cans from Ballymote to get me through til the Box arrives.

Having a Gl Fionn and Atlantean tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know when we should expect the Hagstravaganza boxes to be dispatched?

Advertisement