Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options
1135136137138139141»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

A rare multi beer release by Kinnegar coming out. Hazy pale ale, raspberry grisette, cold IPA and pilsner (German, I'm guessing).

https://x.com/KinnegarBrewing/status/1802709956744847602

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

It is always a good day for me when I get to try a new Kinnegar beer. Four new beers in one go - huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,972 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hopefully the grisette will be available to buy separately, I have no interest in the others. Not a fan of multi packs, generally, because there's invariably at least one that I don't want.

Update from White Hag regarding Hagstravaganza;

"Hello,

We hope you are keeping well!

We are contacting you today as we have an update regarding Hagstravaganza for you guys as you have purchased tickets to this year's event.

We have encountered an event licensing issue that causes a huge amount of uncertainty over our ability to run our birthday party in the same format as we have in past years.

This ultimately means we cannot begin importing beers from around the world over the coming weeks, therefore we cannot proceed with the international aspect of the festival which of course is the backbone of Hagstravaganza.

We are continuing to pursue an event licence in the hope that we can run a smaller more local event on the same date, to celebrate our birthday with those breweries who are close to us here in Ireland. We will honour all current tickets for that event on the same date, and will share the details on what that will look like in the coming days.

What does it mean for ticket holders?

If you have bought a ticket already, you can sit tight and we'll update you with our plans by the end of the week. If you want a refund, that will be no problem and we'll be processing those by this coming weekend. If you want to come to our birthday event regardless, we hope to have tickets for sale again once we clarify a few issues, ideally by next week.

We appreciate your patience and support while we work through this.

Bob & The White Hag Team"

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Damn that suuuucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hopefully still a boxtravaganza though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

I picked up the Kinnegar four pack. I had the hazy pale ale over the weekend, and will see to the rest next week. It was fine, but nothing extraordinary imo. I'm curious as to why they opted for four pack multi pack, given it seems to have been a manual exercise to compile each box (€€€). Would better margins not have been achieve by letting the four out as summer specials, and let the consumers pick and chose which styles they want? I would have picked up all four anyhow…

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

I liked supporting The Cotton Ball brewery with a few bottles every so often.

Seems they no longer stock anywhere. Even their own online shop has been out of stock since before Christmas.

Wonder what the story is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

No.

https://x.com/KinnegarBrewing/status/1803870257393594434

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

have you been into the bar to ask them or on their socials

• Registered Users Posts: 9,084 ✭✭✭squonk

My Kinnegsr 4-packs arrived today. Just finishing the Grisette. Quite light but very pleasant. Think it’ll be lovely on a warm summers evening but it’s still fine tonight with the rain pelting against the window.

Decided to try the pilsner while I’m at it. Lovely beer IMHO. Very easy drinking with a nice bite on the back end. Both so far make for great summer beers. I hope they’ll consider keeping the pilsner around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭sceach16

Not a brewery that you can support much longer but a sad tale of a brewery I liked. The Bridwell Brewery from Clifden is apparently ceasing operating. I only had it on draught in Kings or in Guys on my infrequent visits to Clifden. They produced a blonde beer and a Pilsner style I particularly liked. Unusually they mainly produced draught rather than bottles but did produce some bottles. I am told the brewer developed an allergy to wheat and can no longer be involved and as the brewery is in his residence, new management is not practical.

It is a rough end to a project ongoing for c10 years and particularly for the owner/brewer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

That's very sad to hear, they're lovely people. The project is a lot older than ten years. It was in planning for at least as long again before they started production.

Got an email from White Hag, about tickets on sale for Hagstravaganza. Has there been any update since they said they weren't getting any international beers in for it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

From their newsletter:

So we’re back on track! Well, almost… with the support of one of our local bars we are applying for a local event licence for our birthday festival on August 10th. We’re hoping to have this licence in mid to late July.

While the event is subject to licence, we’re confident our plans are good to share with you to allow you plan to be with us on the day!

If you have been before, you know the festival is a construct of several parts, and we’re keeping as many of these as possible, including:

Food Trucks - as many as we need to feed the masses, and one or two more surprises!

Glen and his amazing Wild Atlantic Oysters

The Beer hall marquee - with a full pint bar!

The Amazing Live band who headlined the main stage last year - Plan C! - are back! 

Plus DJ’s and guests…

Beer garden olympics and brewery tours

And if enough of you turn up, The Noisiest Train in Europe home to Sligo that evening

Beer: 

We’ll have 20+ beers from The White Hag, and a bunch of Irish brewers coming along with some very special beers also. Keep an eye on social to be sure.

Special swag and beer bar for takeaway beers, glassware and clothing

We are not going to have beer from our many friends around the world who usually attend, but a lot of them are still coming and you never know what they’ll bring in their hand luggage :)

So we really hope you can join us and make it a Tenth birthday to remember.

For those of you with tickets purchased, you have two options:

Keep your ticket as is, and come along on the day!

Apply for a refund now, via eventbrite

For those who want to purchase, tickets are back on sale right now!

Nice one. I think I'm going to go along. I've a mate who's moved to Sligo who was interested. Now I have to decide whether to get the degenerate express to Sligo, or head back to Dublin afterwards, like I did last year.

I'd like a better idea of which other breweries are gonna be there before I commit…

• Advertisement
Advertisement