Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

To be honest, I'd half expect them all to be riffs on NEIPAs!
    I don't trust their labelling anymore.

Your suspicion is probably well placed, all 3 contain oats.

rsz_ekniukewoaegkow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ordered Wrasslers from PH themselves, DPD update says it was collected from Kerry earlier, thought it was all brewed and canned in Dublin?

Ordered Wrasslers from PH themselves, DPD update says it was collected from Kerry earlier, thought it was all brewed and canned in Dublin?

Must have a warehouse at the Dingle distillery and process the whiskey, gin and beer web orders from there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They've outsourced the webshop to a wholesaler in Killarney, J & M Carry Out.

Or what he said...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The two new White Hag SMaSH IPA's are incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Basq wrote: »
    The two new White Hag SMaSH IPA's are incredible!

Just ordered 4 of each, they better live up to my high expectations now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Went into Bradley's in Cork for the three new Whiplash releases, came out wit them plus about another 9/10 cans besides...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Went into Bradley's in Cork for the three new Whiplash releases, came out wit them plus about another 9/10 cans besides...!!
    That's par for the course whenever I visit one of the more well-stocked off licenses. One can have the best intentions and willpower, but will always be swayed by the allure of a shiny new can..:D

After near living on Scraggy for weeks I tried a Limeburner and was very disappointed, wasn’t far off a lager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

After near living on Scraggy for weeks I tried a Limeburner and was very disappointed, wasn’t far off a lager.
    Yep, that's something I've noticed too. Did they change it recently I wonder? I used to love it, but got a few bottles of Limeburner recently and was very underwhelmed. Crossroads is much nicer IMO

Yep, that's something I've noticed too. Did they change it recently I wonder? I used to love it, but got a few bottles of Limeburner recently and was very underwhelmed. Crossroads is much nicer IMO

Will give that a shot cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

That's par for the course whenever I visit one of the more well-stocked off licenses. One can have the best intentions and willpower, but will always be swayed by the allure of a shiny new can..:D

Plus, made the mistake of looking over Untappd before I went in and saw people raving about the new White Hag single hop series. So a few of them fell into my basket.

Just ordered 4 of each, they better live up to my high expectations now! :D

Had 2 of each so far, great beer thanks for the recommendation!

Had 2 of each so far, great beer thanks for the recommendation!
    Yeah, I'm a huge fan of White Hag in general..

.. but these are some of the best they've done in a long time in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Same same, cannot fault White Hag.
    I think it was yourself that recommended Atlantean way back in the thread, a great recommendation.

Of the 2 new Union series I think I prefer the Galaxy one but both are super tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Are they NE/East Coast/hazy/juicy in style?

Are they NE/East Coast/hazy/juicy in style?
    Not really. If you want a custard emulsion you'll be disappointed, but if you're expecting something completely clear you won't get that either. Both have a decent level of bitterness.

BeerNut wrote: »
    . Both have a decent level of bitterness.

That's really the crux of it for me.
    I'm not hung up on clarity!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Bus Boy

They knocked it out of the park with the Pumpkin Ale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bus Boy wrote: »

I really didn't expect to enjoy that one, but it was great.

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Yeah, got two of White Hag's and two of the Trouble Brewing.

White Hag was streets ahead.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Not really. If you want a custard emulsion you'll be disappointed, but if you're expecting something completely clear you won't get that either. Both have a decent level of bitterness.

Good to know. I might buy a couple of them then.

I really didn't expect to enjoy that one, but it was great.

I've never had a pumpkin beer I didn't think was terrible. Most just taste a cheap, ground mixed spice.
    How would you describe this one?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've never had a pumpkin beer I didn't think was terrible. Most just taste a cheap, ground mixed spice.

Poured it into a glass. Lovely colour. Went down pretty easy for 6.2%. Goes well with pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If you asked me now which of the pumpkin beers I’d want I’d say the white hag but I think I could only have one of them in a sitting. Whereas the Trouble one isn’t as nice but I could have a couple of them in one go.

The trouble one was an ale with some pumpkin. The white hag was sweet pumpkin pie in a glass.

Got another one of these for tonight. It's very easy to drink. Noticeably sweet, but not too sweet.

Treaty City have released a limited line of Halloween inspired experimental beers (a rye New England IPA, a sour stout, a belma pale ale, and a pumpkin wheat ale) so I'm looking forward to comparing and contrasting those over the next few weekends.

I can't remember what the brewery or the brew was but a few years back Against the Grain had a 'fall spiced ale' on tap and I said I'd try it out. Easily the worst beer I ever tasted, it was like someone liquefied some dead leaves and threw some all spice on top of it! Are the pumpkin beers that kind of a brew?

Are the pumpkin beers that kind of a brew?
    They differ hugely. "Pumpkin beer" isn't really a useful term for the consumer. It doesn't even tell you whether it's made with pumpkins or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I can't remember what the brewery or the brew was but a few years back Against the Grain had a 'fall spiced ale' on tap and I said I'd try it out. Easily the worst beer I ever tasted, it was like someone liquefied some dead leaves and threw some all spice on top of it! Are the pumpkin beers that kind of a brew?

I had an autumn pine needle beer from Fourpure that was literally full of dead leaves. By their own admission it wasn't a success

Advertisement