Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Their Twitter is teasing maybe x2 other aged beers to be released as well.

I'm putting on Twitter notifications to pre-order... ha! First year being into craft beer, and everyone seems very excited so it must be good.

EDIT. Their Instagram shows them doing the wax seals for a collab with Browar Stu Mostow - Polish brewery who had a couple of beers out here a couple of weeks ago.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Their Twitter is teasing maybe x2 other aged beers to be released as well.

I'm putting on Twitter notifications to pre-order... ha! First year being into craft beer, and everyone seems very excited so it must be good.

EDIT. Their Instagram shows them doing the wax seals for a collab with Browar Stu Mostow - Polish brewery who had a couple of beers out here a couple of weeks ago.

EmjxC7OXEAQMenA?format=jpg&name=large

EmjxDtoXYAIU5xt?format=jpg&name=900x900

EmjxDtgXIAERI9m?format=jpg&name=medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'll be all over that, although the coconut doing it's thing.

The sheer amount of natural oils from the coconut contained within however has one downside - it makes foam disappear ��. A small concession in the pursuit of flavour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Think I'll get myself that box as an early Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Basq wrote: »

Looking to get this as a present. Has anyone on here got it in previous years? Just wondering as to what kind of variety/selection there is. Or are there any other recommendations for Irish craft beer boxes? I've bought the Mother Macs one for myself, so looking forward to indulging in that :D

• Advertisement

Looking to get this as a present. Has anyone on here got it in previous years? Just wondering as to what kind of variety/selection there is. Or are there any other recommendations for Irish craft beer boxes? I've bought the Mother Macs one for myself, so looking forward to indulging in that :D

They’re the only two Irish ones I’ve seen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Looking to get this as a present. Has anyone on here got it in previous years? Just wondering as to what kind of variety/selection there is.
    If you scroll back on the hashtag you can get a good idea of what to expect. Never bought it myself but I've never heard any complaints about the Martin's box.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Craft Beers Delivered are doing an Irish Xmas box https://www.craftbeersdelivered.com/Christmas-Craft-Beer-Advent-Calendar Same crowd as Celtic Whiskey Shop.

<snipping large images from my post above>

A group I'm in is guessing the RRP for this box set.

What's the guess here?

What's the guess here?

Reckoning around €40. I think 200 Fathoms is normally a tenner a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's the guess here?

I'd be guessing €40+, but that's just based on the previous price of €10 per bottle in previous releases. Considering the 12% abv and additional processing this time around, it could be anything.

Edit: the Goat got there before me!

A glass and a fancy box = €€€€€ :mad:

I'm very tempted following on from all the comments & excitement the announcement brought, but it would also be the most I've brought myself to spend on one beer to date... hm...

I'm very tempted following on from all the comments & excitement the announcement brought, but it would also be the most I've brought myself to spend on one beer to date... hm...

You'd spend €50 easily on a night out in Dublin. When was the last time you had a night out? Use those savings to buy this box.

That's how I justify these things or compare them to a bottle of wine.

RasTa wrote: »
    You'd spend €50 easily on a night out in Dublin. When was the last time you had a night out? Use those savings to buy this box.

That's how I justify these things or compare them to a bottle of wine.

... sold! Now to keep an eye on the pre-order.

Plus, I just entered the Masters sweepstakes in work so maybe I'll get returns from that to justify it...!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

They’re the only two Irish ones I’ve seen.
    I think most of them do the advents? Beercloud, beerclub, craft central all advertising them.

beercloud saying it will be Irish beers https://beercloud.ie/product/advent-beer-box/

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

The Galway Bay website already crashed lol

Spent too much money on fancy boxes, not enough on bandwidth :rolleyes:

Website still not working. Price is €50 including delivery according to their Instagram anyway.

• Advertisement

irish_goat wrote: »
    Website still not working. Price is €50 including delivery according to their Instagram anyway.

Seems fairly reasonable to me? Let's say delivery is €5-10, then we're looking at €45-40 for x3 aged beers & a glass. Decent value?

I'm already thinking about trying to get a couple of different beers that might be worth aging. Different discussions have gotten me curious. Might open a thread on that at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

That seems a bit steep? Can get a decent bottle of whiskey for that kind of money.

Re launch it again on a Sunday, 9am to give me the true Glastonbury feeling.

Seems fairly reasonable to me? Let's say delivery is €5-10, then we're looking at €45-40 for x3 aged beers & a glass. Decent value?

Aye, it's ok when you consider 2 of them are from 2018 and are 2% higher ABV than previous editions as well.

Issac wrote: »
    That seems a bit steep? Can get a decent bottle of whiskey for that kind of money.

You're getting a barrel aged stout, plus x2 from 2018 that have been aged for another two years. A lot of time, resources...

I'm totally clueless at judging value for money right now, but for me (the uneducated) it seems decent.

50 cans of Guinness or 3 beers?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm already thinking about trying to get a couple of different beers that might be worth aging. Different discussions have gotten me curious. Might open a thread on that at a later stage.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59523630

I ended up narrowing it down to just Gueuze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Those 3 beers for me.

3 beers please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness