Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59523630

I ended up narrowing it down to just Gueuze.

Thanks for sharing that. Orval - great shout. One of my all time favourites. Definitely something for me to look into re storage / making boxes (though I could just reuse the GBB one) / best beers to age etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing that. Orval - great shout. One of my all time favourites. Definitely something for me to look into re storage / making boxes (though I could just reuse the GBB one) / best beers to age etc.

After a few years, I discovered that I prefer my Orval fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

50 cans of Guinness it is then, can't see this been fixed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Managed to snag one. Every page load was agony though, especially during the payment confirmation

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

RasTa wrote: »
    50 cans of Guinness it is then, can't see this been fixed today.

I'm after getting my order in successfully in the last few minutes. Lots of refreshing pages at every stage though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Managed to snag one. Every page load was agony though, especially during the payment confirmation

It's a genius marketing ploy, I was on the fence about getting one but when I went on for a nose and the page wouldn't load I no longer had a choice. I needed that damn box.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Any one know of anywhere around Dublin stocking this?: https://rascalsbrewing.com/beers/the-candyman/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I hope nobody I know irl ever finds out I spent the bones of 2 hours hitting the refresh button so I could buy 3 bottles of beer for €55.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

No luck yet on my end.

• Advertisement

I've given up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Took lots of refreshing and paypal almost broke me, but it worked!

Still no joy in getting through...!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It's been a 'mare. The glasto reference is apt.

I keep getting into the store but can't see the stout anywhere. Am I missing something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Any one know of anywhere around Dublin stocking this?: https://rascalsbrewing.com/beers/the-candyman/

They had some in SuperValu Sundrive last week. I picked one up, €4.20 or thereabouts I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Just bought a can of it in Porterhouse Central. They have a full supply of the new Around the Clock imperial stout too.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

adrian522 wrote: »
    They had some in SuperValu Sundrive last week. I picked one up, €4.20 or thereabouts I think.

Thanks might pop in there, looking to try it over the weekend and left it too late for delivery :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Finally got my order in for 200 Fathoms. Wouldn't accept my debit card for some reason, but PayPal worked fine in the end. Buying beer shouldn't be that stressful!

I hope nobody I know irl ever finds out I spent the bones of 2 hours hitting the refresh button so I could buy 3 bottles of beer for €55.

This. I couldn't handle people knowing I'm a pisshead of such decadence*

*plumped for the +1 extra bottle option to bring the total up to the free shipping threshold...made me feel like I was on a thrift buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I'll believe I have one when I get an email confirmation :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    *plumped for the +1 extra bottle option to bring the total up to the free shipping threshold...made me feel like I was on a thrift buzz

Trying to get that as well. Getting as far as choosing a payment card in PayPal and then it kicks me back to the checkout.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Trying to get that as well. Getting as far as choosing a payment card in PayPal and then it kicks me back to the checkout.

I actually got as far as paying in PayPal and getting charged but THEN being sent back to checkout.

Second time round I was charged and got confirmation. Hoping the first charge just drops back onto my card as I haven't gotten any confirmation of the order being completed, because I don't think a second box of prohibitively expensive beer is a good enough excuse to see my children nappy-less for a week :D

Jaysis. Sorted. Phew.

Three bloody browsers open. Wan Firefox.

Got there in the end as well. :)

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    This. I couldn't handle people knowing I'm a pisshead of such decadence*

Did the same.

I couldn't order the 50euro pack for some reason. Then I realised it was only an extra fiver all in for the extra bottle so it made no sense to buy the 50euro pack at that stage.

Email received. Jobs a good 'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Pointy Shoes the only barrel aged I've genuinely loved. Although there's a few I probably have to revisit a few years further on, and also more appreciation of the impact that drinking temperature has (always aimed for cellar temp, but now know the error of my ways!).

Finally got an order in! Like many, I went with the box, plus bottle.

Now that I'm in, I don't want it. 60 for 4 beers is too much for me.

RasTa wrote: »
    Now that I'm in, I don't want it. 60 for 4 beers is too much for me.

It's the most I've ever spent on beer (60/4 = €15 per bottle - crude calc that ignores the fancy smancy glass and that there are 2 x 2020 bottles and 2 x 2018 bottles) so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype!

Could never bring myself to pay more than €8-9 for a very high quality / limited edition beer - now I do 4 in one go!

• Advertisement

It's because I know 200 is a tenner and I've no interest in a glass. So I'd basically be paying €20 for those two specials.

Advertisement