Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ciara1052 wrote: »
    Would you recommend getting that box as a present? I have it in my cart online but I'm here wondering if it's worth it! I see they've another Christmas gift box for 50e :pac:

My best friend is mad into craft beer so I know he would like it...
    It was a very nice surprise and hugely appreciated as a craft beer fan.

However, I've no clue what's in it. But there's a good chance it'll have a solid mix of Ale's, Sour's etc. So if he likes a good mix and the mystery, go for it.
    Zaph wrote: »
    You going to share with us what each day's beer is?
    Definitely will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

My good wife ordered me the BeerClub advent calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

When I think that, as kids, we were happy to open the windows just to see a little picture behind, not even a sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Posters with advent calendars keep us updated with what's behind each door :D Very jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Posters with advent calendars keep us updated with what's behind each door :D Very jealous!

Will do. I got the BeerCloud Advent calendar. Looking forward to it, but only drinking one beer a night for the next 24 nights is going to be a challenge.

It's gone off the website, so must be sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Noticed that the Galway Bay 200 Fathoms box has been refunded to my credit card. This happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

irish_goat wrote: »
    Noticed that the Galway Bay 200 Fathoms box has been refunded to my credit card. This happen to anyone else?

Just checked mine, nothing refunded so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I paid via PayPal - nothing's come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Nothing returned to mine.

Did you have an issue on the day whereby you might have paid twice with the website collapse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Did you get a confirmation email and confirmation number for your order? On the day of the sale I had an order voided with PayPal because due to the site issues on the day PayPal had started the process of a payment that I subsequently didn't receive confirmation of, but I'm assuming if you received a confirmation email on the day of payment that it would be very strange for you to be getting a refund now?

• Advertisement

Got the email from Galway Bay confirming the order and the PayPal email receipt. Might drop them a message sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Got the email from Galway Bay confirming the order and the PayPal email receipt. Might drop them a message sure.

Yeah I'd defo be giving them a shout, seems strange.

Craft Central.ie promising plenty of new releases tomorrow including a whole load of Verdant (with pretty hefty price tags), Wander Beyond (UK), x2 from O Brother, a couple from Third Circle (maybe more so restocks), Whiplash's 3fe collab, Rye River's Maple Brunch, a gingerbread ale from Larkin's.

z3Oogq.jpg
    Beerclub Day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flended12

ciaran76 wrote: »
    z3Oogq.jpg
    Beerclub Day 1

That is a great start to December

I hope that's not too much of a sign of things to come as I didn't buy theirs presuming it was going to be mostly German and Belgian.

flended12 wrote: »
    That is a great start to December

Yeah I almost dont want to drink it ! Feel I should keep it for a rainy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flended12

Yeah I almost dont want to drink it ! Feel I should keep it for a rainy day.

Personally I'd hold onto that one. But it's your choice, if you really dont want it I could certainly fond it a good home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Craft Central.ie promising plenty of new releases tomorrow including a whole load of Verdant (with pretty hefty price tags), Wander Beyond (UK), x2 from O Brother, a couple from Third Circle (maybe more so restocks), Whiplash's 3fe collab, Rye River's Maple Brunch, a gingerbread ale from Larkin's.

Yeah Verdant is really nice stuff and they very rarely export but no way I'm paying close to €10 for a DIPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭randomname2005

[/IMG]
    Beerclub Day 1

Nice!

Craft Central Advent calendar day 1 unwrapped so it can be cold for tonight
    Craft Central/Bru King Nelson Colab
    . A little disappointing start given the Beerclub above!!

Edit: Actually rather enjoyed this, better than I remember from the first time I had it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

A little disappointing start given the Beerclub above!!
    Still a lovely beer though, starting with a banker.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Yeah Verdant is really nice stuff and they very rarely export but no way I'm paying close to €10 for a DIPA.

I love Verdant but these prices are surprising. Headband is £3.80 from Verdant directly and €6.75 here. The one that is listed at almost €10 was £6.

On the other hand, the prices are not too dissimilar to what HonestBrew charge.

RonanC wrote: »
    I love Verdant but these prices are surprising. Headband is £3.80 from Verdant directly and €6.75 here. The one that is listed at almost €10 was £6.

On the other hand, the prices are not too dissimilar to what HonestBrew charge.

I was going to ask what is it like getting beer from the UK (e.g. Verdant & Cloudwater) but then I suspect Brexit is going to change all that and make it a little more complex.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I was going to ask what is it like getting beer from the UK (e.g. Verdant & Cloudwater) but then I suspect Brexit is going to change all that and make it a little more complex.

It shouldn't be possible, even now, well legally anyway. Taking alcohol cross border is allowed if you carry it yourself and it is for personal use. It is not legal to have it shipped cross border.

Edit: Without having to deal with customs and pay import duties etc.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Still a lovely beer though, starting with a banker.

It is one of my least favourite of the Bru beers. Still good, but hoping they get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

It shouldn't be possible, even now, well legally anyway. Taking alcohol cross border is allowed if you carry it yourself and it is for personal use. It is not legal to have it shipped cross border.

I got a free introduction offer box from Beer52 and had an awful lot of shenanigans to get it from customs.

I got a free introduction offer box from Beer52 and had an awful lot of shenanigans to get it from customs.

Apologies, should have been cleared in my (now edited) post - it is illegal to just order and have it delivered without paying import duties etc, but it is legal if you pay all the duties and charges.

Somebody can probably think clearer than I can this morning!!!

Huh, I thought as much. I saw a thread previously about a BrewDog order getting seized on the way in, and one would assume packages from the UK might be looked at more than in the past.

Apologies, should have been cleared in my (now edited) post - it is illegal to just order and have it delivered without paying import duties etc, but it is legal if you pay all the duties and charges.

Somebody can probably think clearer than I can this morning!!!

No you also need a licence to import the alcohol.

• Advertisement

So that's a no to trying to order from the UK. I can do without the Verdant / Cloudwater stuff, unless it drops in price or forms part of a 4 for €X deal.

Advertisement