Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone get any word from Black's on the deal towards end of last week? Would have thought it may have shipped by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Beerclub Day 2 : Tastes Like Sumt'n from Crafty Bear Brewing.
    Had it in bottle form back 2 years ago but not the canned version.

Can we be careful in revealing Advent Calendar entries without spoiler tags? It’s half the fun!

I’ve CraftCentral Day 2 wrapped in the fridge.. and I’d be pretty peeved if they revealed it before I opened it.

Though bear in mind, they did reveal it on social media around 9pm last night. Luckily had opened it before I saw! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Ah, thanks for the info. I threw an order in anyhow. Finally an excuse to get the Bag of Cans tote I've been eying up for an age.

FYI, buying direct from Whiplash will come up as The Big Roma / The Big Romance on your bank statement...! :o

(I checked my account, saw a transaction with THE BIG ROMA, and couldn't figure it for the life of me. Was on to the bank and they said it was The Big Romance and things began to click. Didn't help I thought I used a different card for the order).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Basq wrote: »
    Can we be careful in revealing Advent Calendar entries without spoiler tags? It’s half the fun!

I’ve CraftCentral Day 2 wrapped in the fridge.. and I’d be pretty peeved if they revealed it before I opened it.

Though bear in mind, they did reveal it on social media around 9pm last night. Luckily had opened it before I saw! :mad:

Woops, forgot to put it in the fridge this morning. Thanks for the reminder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

They're after revealing day 2 so I'd avoid their facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Anyone get any word from Black's on the deal towards end of last week? Would have thought it may have shipped by now.

Mine just arrived there. I didn't get any delivery email, just the initial email confirming the order.

Galway Bay Brewing announce their 2020 Two Hundred Fathoms.

https://www.facebook.com/GalwayBayBrewery/posts/3288405991286143

2020 Two Hundred Fathroms is packed and on the way to off licenses for the end of this week.

Boxes arriving tomorrow (or today if the Instagram story is correct) and on schedule to ship with DPD.

https://twitter.com/galwaybeer/status/1334126187573088260

Black's just arrived for me too..

Craft Central Day 2:
    Hopfully & Bullhouse - Loosey Joosey Juicy Pale With Plum & Sour Cherry 440ml Can 5.2% ABV

https://twitter.com/bradleys_offlic/status/1334191610985385984

For those in Cork... Bradley's have GBB's Boulevardier (2 year barrel aged barleywine) for €9.50. Craft Central had it for €12.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Craft Central Day 2...

Let us know how it is. I like most of their stuff but not really into those flavours so been holding off getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

https://twitter.com/bradleys_offlic/status/1334191610985385984

For those in Cork... Bradley's have GBB's Boulevardier (2 year barrel aged barleywine) for €9.50. Craft Central had it for €12.50.

Anywhere online This can still be got?/near Dundrum..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anywhere online This can still be got?/near Dundrum..

Deveney's maybe? That or head to Coach House in Ballinteer, I saw it there earlier in the week.

Let us know how it is. I like most of their stuff but not really into those flavours so been holding off getting it
    It's
    .. fine!

Looks like a sour but is definitely an ale.. no real carbonation and has the aroma of fruit but not much taste of it.

Different I'll give it that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Beerclub Day 3
    Grevensteiner Helles

Never had it before so that is good as it's a style I usually pass over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Looking forward to this months' Clann box arriving.

I'm not lying when I say I never want to drink another Union Smash single hop from White Hag... I ordered the 24 cans on a whim, got another 4 in last months' box, and although they're all quite different I just feel like I'll full to gills with them.

Had the chocolate orange pastry stout the other day and it didn't do it for me. I wouldn't be overly negative, but I actually thought the bog-standard pastry stout from them had a better body and clarity of flavour. The chocolate orange element was compared to Terry's Chocolate Orange by others, but I would say what immediately sprung to my mind was the rather more niche Fry's Orange Cream chocolate bar...

Good news from The White Hag during the Oyster & Stout festival was that the incredible "Festa Nuda" is back in January / February.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flended12

Like the ballymote lads reading my mind.

Was gonna purchase a selection of stouts for xmas in usual outlets and was gonna chance American options, low and behold stock left from their oyster tasting thing last week is available.

A 24 box of stouts.

1 x Dot Brew – Imperial Stout
    1 x Widestreet – Belgian stout
    1 x Porterhouse – 4XXXX
    1 x Fyne Ales – Mills and Hills
    2 x Galway Bay – Stormy Port
    2 x Tiny Rebel – Stay Puft
    2 x The Dark Druid Mexican Hot Chocolate
    2 x The Dark Druid Black Forest
    2 x The Dark Druid Chocolate Coconut
    2 x The Cauldron of Plenty with Coffee
    2 x Black Boar Imperial stout
    2 x The White Sow Mint Chocolate Chip
    4 x The Dark Druid Salted Caramel

I think I've enough beer now for any apocalypse be it zombies or otherwise as my clann box is also en route and I only drank 3 from last one.

I know some of my relations have got me mini kegs from rascals and the likes.

I need to have a chat with myself 🀣🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Good news from The White Hag during the Oyster & Stout festival was that the incredible "Festa Nuda" is back in January / February.

I completely missed that announcement. That was a heavy evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

flended12 wrote: »

Was gonna purchase a selection of stouts for xmas in usual outlets and was gonna chance American options, low and behold stock left from their oyster tasting thing last week is available.

A 24 box of stouts.

1 x Porterhouse – 4XXXX

I think I've enough beer now for any apocalypse be it zombies or otherwise as my clann box is also en route and I only drank 3 from last one.

I need to have a chat with myself ������

The Fyne Ales Mills and Hills was the standout of that list.

The Licorice Dot Brewing one was the winner overall though.

• Advertisement

I completely missed that announcement. That was a heavy evening.
    I didn’t attend..

.. as had an unfortunate incident with oysters a few years ago where a family member, that shall remained unnamed, sprang oysters on myself and the rest of the family. Only to reveal afterwards than they were in the boot of their car for about a week (although, and I quote, “it was December so assumed they’d be fine”!). Needless to say the following day was spent "hugging the porcelain throne”. And I have an extremely strong stomach.

Anyways, flicked through the livestream and they announced it towards the end..

https://youtu.be/RkJdsK34NlU?t=12305

You’re not kidding..

Currently sitting on:
    - 48 Cans from Blacks (Hazy IPA, KPA, Imperial Stout etc)
    - 22 Days of CraftCentral box left
    - Few miscellanous

And then en-route is:
    - White Hag Clann Box
    - TWH & Friends Stout Box (might keep this for the other half for Christmas as she’s a bigger fan of stouts than I am)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

A 24 box of stouts.

1 x Porterhouse – 4XXXX

I need to have a chat with myself ������

Only 1 left if anyone is on the fence. Like yourself, I may need to build a bigger shed :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Only 1 left if anyone is on the fence. Like yourself, I may need to build a bigger shed :pac:

Feck it, I'll have to take it! Went to order it last week and changed my mind at the last minute, but those 24 beers for €80 is too good to pass up on.

Feck it, I'll have to take it! Went to order it last week and changed my mind at the last minute, but those 24 beers for €80 is too good to pass up on.
    €72 if in Clann..

d65350badaede26fa1f3ecc1a589046b.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Forgot to order anything in time to get to me for the weekend considering I don't think anyone uses Fastway anymore (who do Saturdays here).

Ordered some Kildare as one of the lads dropped it to my doorstep before :pac: but if it arrives by post on Monday/Tuesday that's fine.

Kinnegar have added lamps, cushions & totes to their recently revamped webshop... Anything but beer... :pac:

https://www.kinnegarbrewing.ie/shop

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Kinnegar have added lamps, cushions & totes to their recently revamped webshop... Anything but beer... :pac:

I still haven't checked whether a hotel licence (which is what their taproom uses) lets you do off-sales but I'm going to guess it doesn't.

Most of the breweries doing direct sales have pubs of their own or have done a deal with one; Kinnegar are in an odd situation of having the taproom but in a hotel!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I'm not sure if they own the taproom or whether it's an arrangement with Rathmullan House just.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Thanks, I hate it

Advertisement