Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Pen Rua wrote: »
    https://www.blacksbrewery.com/shop/black-friday-mega-deal-4/

12 x 440ml cans of Worlds End Imperial Stout (€51)

12 x 440ml cans of Ace of Haze Idaho 7 Edition (€43)

8 x 330ml Cans Kinsale Pale ale (€20)

8 x 330ml Cans Session (€20)

8 x 330ml Cans Ace of Haze (€20)

Total of €152.50

REDUCED TO JUST €77

Did anyone order this? I've had a 24 box of the pale ales delivered but no World's End or Ace of Haze Idaho 7. Is that maybe coming seperately? Not having any luck with my online orders of late...

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

irish_goat wrote: »
    Did anyone order this? I've had a 24 box of the pale ales delivered but no World's End or Ace of Haze Idaho 7. Is that maybe coming seperately? Not having any luck with my online orders of late...

I got it, arrived pretty quick with both boxes well taped together, give them a shout, they were very good when I had a previous order missing some stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Zaph wrote: »
    That's the main thing that put me off getting any of the advent calendars. I'm just not a fan of that style at all and knowing my luck I'd end up with several of them in whatever box I bought.

Ha. Mixed boxes certainly aren't for me anymore but not because of sours - I'd happily take a mixed box of sours. There are just far too many beer styles out there that I have zero interest in drinking. I'd say I'd be lucky to want to drink a third of any box!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flended12

Ha. Mixed boxes certainly aren't for me anymore but not because of sours - I'd happily take a mixed box of sours. There are just far too many beer styles out there that I have zero interest in drinking. I'd say I'd be lucky to want to drink a third of any box!

Yup, this maybe my last year of buying random beers in a mixed case. All too often do I find 1 gem that's nullified by at least 2 more in same box that just dont do it.

A mixed case that I can choose contents in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That's the main thing that put me off getting any of the advent calendars. I'm just not a fan of that style at all and knowing my luck I'd end up with several of them in whatever box I bought.

Mikkeller is keeping the balance just right IMO. I would hate to have it overloaded with IPAs which is always the fear from my POV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Beerclub Day 8
    Ballykilcavan Babbricks Brown Ale
    love this beer. Especially in this cold weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 8:
    Galway Bay - Oregon Grown Vol. 3 Black IPA 440ml Can 7% ABV

Have had it before... it's grand but nothing too special IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Craft Central stocking x3 Lervig barrel aged desert stouts at €15.25 for each 330ml can!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got my White Hag & Friends stout box this morning, and my Galway Bay/200 Fathoms. Looks like I'm sorted for top quality Irish craft beer through til this time in 2022!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Craft Central stocking x3 Lervig barrel aged desert stouts at €15.25 for each 330ml can!

You've mentioned you're in Cork I think - Matsons have them for €13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Got my White Hag & Friends stout box this morning, and my Galway Bay/200 Fathoms. Looks like I'm sorted for top quality Irish craft beer through til this time in 2022!

Just received my White Hag & Friends too, wasn't quick enough off the mark to snag one of the 5 with the added Lambrate Tiramisu though which is a shame.
    Actually forgot the content listing was so it was a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

200 fathoms box arrived, glass is shattered in the box ffs

:eek::eek:

Related - still no sign of mine shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

****e, mine's downstairs I hadn't opened it yet.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

:eek::eek:

Related - still no sign of mine shipping.

I got a notification from PayPal just before lunch that mine had shipped, so they're slowly working their way through them.

I got a notification from PayPal just before lunch that mine had shipped, so they're slowly working their way through them.

I ordered mine later in the afternoon (confirm email is 15.45) so I would assume its chronological.

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Just received my White Hag & Friends too, wasn't quick enough off the mark to snag one of the 5 with the added Lambrate Tiramisu though which is a shame.
    Actually forgot the content listing was so it was a nice surprise.

Mine arrived at home. I think I was quick enough (10mins after email came in) but will find out when back.

EDIT: I wasnt quick enough.

I ordered mine later in the afternoon (confirm email is 15.45) so I would assume its chronological.

Just checked, time on my invoice is 14.52, so I'd say you're right.

Just checked, time on my invoice is 14.52, so I'd say you're right.

Nice! I would hope tomorrow is my day...! Doubt it will ship beyond lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mine hasn't arrive.
    Oh, maybe because I didn't order any:p

• Advertisement

Bradley's in Cork stocking 200 Fathoms for €9.95/bottle, max 2 each.

Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 9:
    Brewdog & Cloudwater - New England IPA 440ml

Another I've had before but tasty.. hoping for a surprise tomorrow as getting a bit familiar - although maybe that reflects more on me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

flended12 wrote: »
    Mine arrived at home. I think I was quick enough (10mins after email came in) but will find out when back.

EDIT: I wasnt quick enough.

Wow... 10 minutes wasn't quick enough, that's a shame.
    Still plenty of choice in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Where would you recommend for either a variety pack of craft beer or a monthly sub?

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Wow... 10 minutes wasn't quick enough, that's a shame.
    Still plenty of choice in it though.

Plenty of choices, had one of the pastry stouts and unfortunately like the other pastry ones theres an underlying sweetness almost a chemical sweetness that's not for me.

I'm sure the non pastry ones will go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Where would you recommend for either a variety pack of craft beer or a monthly sub?
    beercloud.ie do monthly beer box options - you can buy it each month or subscribe. Me and the brother in law have done them a few times. They've also a number of different style packs, and have started doing choose your own brewery packs recently too. They wouldn't be the cheapest, but all deliveries have been bang on for me, and their predominantly Irish beers.

Actually the history of it is basically Liam set it up to help other midland breweries at the start of lockdown and it's grown from there! A great example of the craft beer community working together.

beerclub and craft central also do monthly boxes, but I think you have to commit.

On Instagram, they're saying a batch went out tonight and the final batch is going tomorrow.

On Instagram, they're saying a batch went out tonight and the final batch is going tomorrow.

I bought some for myself and some as presents. Of three packages, I only received one today and DPD said they never got the other two. Fingers crossed they show up in the final deliveries.

Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 10:
    Garage - Shallows Hazy Double IPA 440ml Can 8.8% ABV

Not had before and some DIPA's don't play well with me, so let's see.

• Advertisement

Just got an email from DPD, mine was dispatched tonight. Hoping it arrives tomorrow, let’s see how DPD perform.

Advertisement