Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

^^ I'd recommend pouring that in to a glass, if you don't already do this (I'm a slob that doesn't bother usually :pac:) as I could taste the adhesive off the label for whatever reason; which normally never happens even with other beers from the same brewery

Beer was absolutely fine and unharmed by its transition to glassware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

L1011 wrote: »
    ^^ I'd recommend pouring that in to a glass, if you don't already do this (I'm a slob that doesn't bother usually :pac:) as I could taste the adhesive off the label for whatever reason; which normally never happens even with other beers from the same brewery

Beer was absolutely fine and unharmed by its transition to glassware.
    Funny you mention that. I was sure I had an off taste from one of their beers but it went away after some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Managed to grab a bottle of GBB boulevardier today

Very excited to try this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Discovered "Dead Centre" beers last week and just had an order arrived from Beer Cloud with 12 of their beers. Really looking forward to trying these out over the weekend

Discovered "Dead Centre" beers last week and just had an order arrived from Beer Cloud with 12 of their beers. Really looking forward to trying these out over the weekend

Dead Centre actually own Beercloud too. They’ve a few class ones in the range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Managed to grab a bottle of GBB boulevardier today

Very excited to try this!

Got one of those in my local Molloys. Also was lucky enough to get a (750mL) Leann Follain BA, must be four or five years now since I last managed to get one :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Basq wrote: »
    Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 13:
    Ballykilcavan - Clancy's Cans #3 Tiramisu Dessert Stout 440ml Can 7.8% ABV

Was hoping for a
    coffee stout
    but this seems a bit on the sweet side for me! :(

Picked up one today and just had it. If it had said coffee stout I’d be disappointed but I don’t mind the sweetness when it says dessert on it.

Rotating my beer orders through where I get them from to spread the spend a bit and I decided to try the place in Donegal (The Counter) I got Kinnegar from before Beercloud - site deliberately offline as they're overwhelmed with online orders! Looking at their twitter they seem to have to do this every few days, its like the hardware stores websites were in March.

Beercloud are also giving a delay warning on their site, although if at least one of the four orders I'm putting in tonight gets here by Friday I'll be fine - Whiplash, Beercloud, CraftCentral and Kildare. Not intending to actually leave the house much after the weekend so need to stock myself through to the 27th!

edit: if beercloud's order numbers are sequential, which I expect they are, they've got ~1300 orders in 13 days since my last one so I can see why they might be a bit backlogged. If you expect each order is probably minimum 12 cans that's a hell of a lot of product to come and go

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

We're getting through the orders as fast as possible, 99.9% are leaving exactly when they're supposed to so anything after that is a courier delay :( Most of ours are still arriving next day though which is reassuring!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bit behind on updates:

Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 15:
    Kinnegar - Brewers At Play No. 11 Sour Cherry Sour 440ml Can 4.8% ABV

Missus got this in the local offie a week or two back so there's two in the fridge.. not a
    sour
    but then again, I really enjoyed their Olan's Tart so will give it a shot.

Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 16:
    Wylam - Macchiato Hazelnut Praline Coffee Porter 440ml Can 6.5% ABV

Like the look of combination here, so looking forward to this.

• Advertisement

Correction to my Beercloud order number things - I clearly can't count at night and its gone up by ~2300 in ~14 days.

I believe that turns "a hell of a lot" in to "a ****tonne" of beer

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Got myself a 5L keg from Rascals to crack open Christmas day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Basq wrote: »
    Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 15:
    Kinnegar - Brewers At Play No. 11 Sour Cherry Sour 440ml Can 4.8% ABV

Missus got this in the local offie a week or two back so there's two in the fridge.. not a
    sour
    but then again, I really enjoyed their Olan's Tart so will give it a shot.
    It was one of the mystery cans in one of the craic beer/ hoppy days meet ups. I Really enjoyed it anyway. Any of the Brewers at Play (like everything in my experience from Kinnegar) have been excellent. Have the Hazelnut Vanilla Imperial en route, along with a Blacks Worlds End. The Whiplash Let.It.End arrived too. This weekend, i'll be mainly trying to sip not gulp! :D

Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 18:
    The White Hag - Black Boar - Imperial Oatmeal Stout 330ml Can 10.2% ABV

Already have one from this month's
    Clann Box
    but will enjoy it anyways!

Beer delivery race results so far:

Gold: Kildare Brewing delivered by An Post at about 10:30
    Silver (expected): Craft Central by DPD have sent an ETA text
    Bronze (expected): Whiplash by UPS have sent tracking details by email

(This is really a courier race as all three dispatched the same day)

I pulled the trigger on Craft Central and Craft Direct within 15 minutes on Wednesday, and they were delivered within 15 minutes of each other yesterday (DPD and Fastway respectively).

DPD and UPS have delivered the goods.

Beercloud hasn't shipped yet but that is in line with their notice on the website.

I find Craft Central unreal for delivery. Using DPD helps too as the notification system is second to none.

I find Craft Central unreal for delivery. Using DPD helps too as the notification system is second to none.
    That plus their despatch time is incredible.. I've had email confirmation of order and despatch within 10 minutes of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

i ordered from Drinkstore and they processed my order on Wednesday and it was with me yesterday afternoon with UPS. great service. i had ordered before the 13th though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

L1011 wrote: »
    DPD and UPS have delivered the goods.

Beercloud hasn't shipped yet but that is in line with their notice on the website.

I ordered from Beercloud last Thursday and the order turned up on Wednesday without any tracking information in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Craftcentral are doing things very well, always getting the orders out straight away. They have been that way since they started.

Drinkstore in my experience are not as quick to process and send our orders. There can be over a week extra waiting time with drinkstore.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Craftcentral are doing things very well, always getting the orders out straight away. They have been that way since they started.
    Chatting to the owner a few weeks back and he said the quality of their delivery service is hugely important to them. I guess they know what their market values and how to keep them coming back.

Plus their pickup option is like fire for most people.

Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 19:
    Dot Brew & BRÚ - Well Rounded Individual Barrel Aged Blend 330ml Can 7.25% ABV

Really nice this. Rich malt flavour and not overly sweet. Barrel aging done right in my opinion!

Craft Central Advent Calendar Day 20:
    Lervig - Smooth Talker Nitro Mango Passionfruit Sour Pale 440ml Can 6% ABV

Very refreshing.. as I've said before, not a sour fan but this is just the right level of sour and fruity, but not hugely tart to take away from it.

Beercloud order from Wednesday arrived this morning - so definitely don't rely on anything ordered more than a few days later coming before Christmas.

Shipping conf was sent late on Sunday but it wasn't scanned on to DPD until yesterday evening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Craic Beer meetups back on Friday 29th Jan. 2 exclusive beers in the mix there too. https://craic-beer-community.ie/events/january-virtual-beer-meetup/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

irish_goat wrote: »
    Craic Beer meetups back on Friday 29th Jan. 2 exclusive beers in the mix there too. https://craic-beer-community.ie/events/january-virtual-beer-meetup/

What's the consensus on these events? I'm in between getting the box and not....

Pen Rua wrote: »
    What's the consensus on these events? I'm in between getting the box and not....
    The festivals are pretty much sit back and listen. So it's really open the beers, listen to Brian chat with the brewers over zoom. The mystery cans are more participation (if you want - plenty stay camera and mic off).
    Shake off the January Blues with some January Brews! It’s the first meetup of the year, and this time around we’re going for a straight-up mini virtual beer festival! On the night we’ll be welcoming Hope, Larkin’s, Canvas, O Brother and Dead Centre to hear all about their beer story to date (all while enjoying their beers of course). We’ll be having plenty of general beer chat throughout too.

The box features a range of different beer styles, such as IPAs, IPLs, Porters, Double IPAs, Sours, Stouts, plus (of course) a Brown Ale!

In addition to all of that, it also features two exclusive Craic collabs, and early access to the brand new Craic Beer Community platform!

So…. How does it work?

The meetup is run entirely through Zoom. We’ll run from 7:30 – 10pm on the night, with our guests joining us at allocated times throughout the event for a live chat and beer tasting. Brewery times will follow shortly…

We have yet again teamed up with the excellent Beercloud.ie to bring you the meetup beer pack. Grab the beer pack, then join us online on January 29th to chat with our fantastic guests!

I ordered last night anyway. Decent enough box imo - I've had some them before and happy to have again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The White Hag are doing a Beer Bingo this Friday.
    https://www.thewhitehag.com/product/hoppy-january-craft-beer-bingo/?fbclid=IwAR1wsdKvmYjSLT1_o0E0uw6BdCFgm3EWsZuc6psqsUof4AE8BI5h_EN7e8k
    Tempted by the dark option myself but the start time of 7pm is too early and I still have a few of their stouts leftover from Christmas.

Advertisement