Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dead Centre delivery of a box of theirs + a box of Kildare Brewing plonked on the doorstep today. Fastway driver now thinks I'm a lush, I suspect.

I’ve a delivery with an post courier but I’m getting the runaround. Might never see it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Pen Rua wrote: »
    DPD did not deliver today, so holding out till tomorrow. :rolleyes:

The Eircode went down wrong, so the driver ended up on the wrong side of city and wouldn't come over to my direction. Oh well. Hopefully it actually arrives tomorrow.

Took delivery of a case of beer from Craft Central, complete with one of their tote canvas bags (am a sucker for a free tote bag!). Looking forward to trying the cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Got my case of 12 world's end and free 50ml bottle of hand sanitizer from Blacks Brewery this morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Elbow Lane, 9 White Deer, Black's of Kinsale

Absolutely top quality beverages produced by all. I know the Neighbourfood delivers Elbow Lane so you can buy them at the moment as well as loads of local producers if you're in Cork.

• Advertisement

Don’t know Elbow Lane but I’d find it hard to pick between 9WD and Blacks over all. I’d say the latter are more consistent in the range but 9 have higher highs.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Don’t know Elbow Lane but I’d find it hard to pick between 9WD and Blacks over all. I’d say the latter are more consistent in the range but 9 have higher highs.

Got a couple of cases delivered from 9 white deer last week. Pretty impressed tbh. Their IPA isnt great imo (nothing wrong with it,just pretty run of the mill) but everything else was v tasty. Their pilsner being my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nestegg

Ordered beer from Whiplash on Thursday morning and it arrived Friday afternoon. I think you only need to order a minimum of six cans which is a game changer. Glad they have somehow cracked that. Beer is bloody banging too, super fresh and Reckoner their new strata IPA is a peach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

nestegg wrote: »
    Ordered beer from Whiplash on Thursday morning and it arrived Friday afternoon. I think you only need to order a minimum of six cans which is a game changer. Glad they have somehow cracked that. Beer is bloody banging too, super fresh and Reckoner their new strata IPA is a peach.

I think they are using the big romances license for their orders

Its coming through as the Big Romance on my credit card statement anyway. Beer was under a week old going on BBE and tasted it.

I may need to put another order - it ran out quite quickly!

Has anyone found somewhere doing Kinnegar bottles yet? Of the regulars I buy, Rustbucket is the only one I can't often get locally (local SuperValu gets some every so often, and doesn't restock until the other ones need restocking) or online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 nestegg

L1011 wrote: »
    Its coming through as the Big Romance on my credit card statement anyway. Beer was under a week old going on BBE and tasted it.

Has anyone found somewhere doing Kinnegar bottles yet? Of the regulars I buy, Rustbucket is the only one I can't often get locally (local SuperValu gets some every so often, and doesn't restock until the other ones need restocking) or online.

I figured it was through big romance. Hopefully no one complains online about teenagers getting wasted on rollover and they take it away from us post covid.

Sadly haven't heard anything about kinnegar and I'd murder fresh black bucket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Treaty City in Limerick are doing delivery not sure how they have the licence but seen it in social media

Zaph wrote: »
    I've no problem with the delivery fee, but they need to reassess the whole cash thing. If it was built into the order cost and paid by card to Bradley's, who could then pay the delivery guy directly that would be fine. But then it would have to go through the books and he'd lose what I suspect is a nice little cash in hand bonus for him.

Prob an independent delievery guy give them a break.Keep cash alive people very important

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

There was some Kinnegar in SuperValu HSQ but I wasn't paying too much attention to what they had. Same with what is in Martin's in Fairview.

Speaking of Martin's, I ended up inadvertently ordering a hape from them last night, was just browsing and lumping stuff into the basket. Couldn't bear to not buy them. Some lovely sours and lambics in there. Anyway, figured they might end up landing sometime in the middle of next week given they are out the door at the minute...

Arrived this morning!!! Class service.

Incidentally Siren Broken Dream Stout was purchased on hunch and I can say it it something else. Delicious stuff!

Though, the selection of Magic Rock they have is hopefully getting replenished next week or so.

---

Great to see that service from Whiplash too an order from there from next week is happening as soon as the Rollover is back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Order some of the new range from BRÚ. Delivery to door is nice. I like their new beers Tutti Frutti and Osiris, new can design is nice also.

All the new stuff is out of stock already!

Brú have three pubs so that solves the licence for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Western Herd Brewing Company beer's are on sale anywhere

Beer cloud are handling Western Herd

https://beercloud.ie/product-category/western-herd/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I just had a look at beer cloud.

What a terrible website.
    Looked at Dot beers. Just names - not even a basic product description.

Looked to check out delivery options - no cost for delivery given.

Serious lack of basic information there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What a terrible website.

full cost is showing for me inc delivery shown @6 Euro.

Not sure how you are accesing it ?

listermint wrote: »
    full cost is showing for me inc delivery shown @6 Euro.

Not sure how you are accesing it ?

Can you find delivery cost without starting a purchase and going into the shopping basket?

I found info regarding fastway doing the delivery but no prices.

• Advertisement

I rarely see sites that give you a shipping cost without adding something to your basket first.

I rarely see sites that give you a shipping cost without adding something to your basket first.

Usually in FAQs or shipping information.
    They have shipping info but no price.

Anyway, I now know it is €6.

Also basic product description would be nice.
    For example, they have Dot Brew Barrel Aged Just a Minute 8.2%.
    Now, without searching elsewhere, I have no idea if that's an Imperial Stout, a Double IPA, Barley Wine, Strong sour or what.

I looked at it and my first impression was that it was a vert poor sight as regards the information I want from an online beer shop.

Usually in FAQs or shipping information.
    They have shipping info but no price.

Anyway, I now know it is €6.

Also basic product description would be nice.
    For example, they have Dot Brew Barrel Aged Just a Minute 8.2%.
    Now, without searching elsewhere, I have no idea if that's an Imperial Stout, a Double IPA, Barley Wine, Strong sour or what.

I looked at it and my first impression was that it was a vert poor sight as regards the information I want from an online beer shop.

It’s only going a few days isn’t it? Quickly set up an avenue for breweries to sell online where they can’t do it themselves so probably will get more detailed over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Found the below shop link on the Kinnegar twitter (https://twitter.com/KinnegarBrewing/status/1243237821676171264). Has bottles
    https://www.thecounterdeli.com/craft-beer
    >100 euro and its free delivery :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

What a terrible website.

Owner is juggling many balls at the moment. He set up that site as a result of the lockdown. IMHO he should get the breweries whose beer he's selling to update the information on their beers, as he's basically doing them a big favour and he only has one pair of hands.

n97 mini wrote: »
    Owner is juggling many balls at the moment. He set up that site as a result of the lockdown. IMHO he should get the breweries whose beer he's selling to update the information on their beers, as he's basically doing them a big favour and he only has one pair of hands.

Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

All the new stuff is out of stock already!

Brú have three pubs so that solves the licence for them.

Yeah was going to order more this week but can see all out of order for the new range IPA's.

What licence they selling under?Would you not need an off trade

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    What licence they selling under?Would you not need an off trade

Pub licences include off-trade.

So far we've had people link to/buy from:
    Dead Centre/beercloud - pub
    Kildare Brewing - pub
    Bru - 3x pubs to use
    8 Degrees - parent firm has multiple pub licences