Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thats my box
    That's what she said.

Jesus Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

One of the lads got his box there. I'll be avoiding naturally due to dry Jan.

9 Stouts! Ha that'll p1ss a lot of people off. It wouldn't have really bothered me as I liked them but the phrase "bright box may included stouts" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

BaZmO* wrote: »
    9 Stouts! Ha that'll p1ss a lot of people off. It wouldn't have really bothered me as I liked them but the phrase "bright box may included stouts" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

That was my box, I'd ordered the dark, haply with what I got though.
    That's what she said.

Shurrup you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭emmalynn19

My bright box arrived this morning. 28 beers:
    18 cans of the core range 330ml cans(Little Fawn, Atlantean, Phantom, Irish IPA, 9th Wave), 2 Roc Helles 440ml, 2 each of the most recent smash series 440ml, 2 Malafemmena 330ml, 2 Dough Brews IPA 330ml
    No bingo card but don't think I can attend it tonight anyway. Overall fairly happy with the selection and good value

Shame, I hear Gemma O'Doherty is doing a guest spot

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

emmalynn19 wrote: »

I'm way more looking forward to this than I was during the week. Will they even mention it? If the chat function is on, I'm going all in on asking Joe a few questions - "Question for Joe, does he believe that Donald Trump was sent by God to break up a globalist conspiracy ring and if so, could he give his thoughts on whether he succeeded or not?"

• Advertisement

That was my box, I'd ordered the dark, haply with what I got though.

That’s mad, more bright than dark. In fairness though, I would’ve been happy with that too.

I'm way more looking forward to this than I was during the week. Will they even mention it? If the chat function is on, I'm going all in on asking Joe a few questions - "Question for Joe, does he believe that Donald Trump was sent by God to break up a globalist conspiracy ring and if so, could he give his thoughts on whether he succeeded or not?"
    Or, “Can you recommend somewhere to get pizza in Washington DC?l

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That’s mad, more bright than dark. In fairness though, I would’ve been happy with that too.

I'm extremely happy given it was a coin toss as to which to buy. Tbh it looks like there was neither a dark or a bright box and just a 'box', probably still would have bought it.

Rascals doing a box now for Feb, small lily o'briens box and 8 cans, (2×4) and they want 30quid. Could buy the same in the shop outside their brewery for 26euro. Never any good value from them

Just got the email to register for the bingo, 1st prize going to the person with the best funny or relevant name..........this is going to be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Just got the email to register for the bingo, 1st prize going to the person with the best funny or relevant name..........this is going to be interesting

The_Q_Meister

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If my box doesn't turn up, which is increasingly unlikely now, I'll have to drink from my Beer Cloud order. Which was for a Biden Box of mixed Irish Americans :p

The_Q_Meister

Malt Right

Malt Right

That's brilliant! I will be so disappointed if no one uses it!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flended12

emmalynn19 wrote: »

That's outstanding! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Whiplash are on great form lately. Just sipping on Let It Happen right now and it's as good as any IPA I've had from acclaimed international breweries. The move to a bigger facility appears to have helped them up their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

My 'dark' box arrived this morning - just checked the top layer, and it's 55% stouts, 45% pale ales, including the three extra cans on the top. Not disappointed, I like most of their IPAs. In two minds over doing the bingo thing...

So, 15mins before start - no box. Got a reply saying they'd check and get back to me some hours ago and nothing since; albeit I doubted it was ever going to turn up the second the DPD guy drove away after dropping the other non WH beer.

I'll probably not go with the Zoom name I'd thought of seeing as I may yet have to go through a refund procedure with them!

edit: "It'll Be Alt-Right On The Night" after the TV show that is somehow still going.

Okay ready for this.

Brew-dy Giuliani, I feel lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Okay ready for this.

Brew-dy Giuliani, I feel lucky.

You have to use malt right!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Well he's resigned now.

Screenshot-20210122-185833-Facebook.jpg

• Advertisement

Really had no other option, bit difficult to sack a shareholder.

Can't see another brewery in Ireland being willing to publicly hire him either; might be able to get contract work that doesn't say he's there. He's competent assuming he stays off flavoured stouts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Wouldn't be surprised if he was told he's not allowed on the live stream and the toys were thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

L1011 wrote: »
    Really had no other option, bit difficult to sack a shareholder.

Can't see another brewery in Ireland being willing to publicly hire him either; might be able to get contract work that doesn't say he's there. He's competent assuming he stays off flavoured stouts...

Maybe Founder's would take him

The dope has probably ruined his career.

They're taking as long to recognise the first bingo on the live chat as it took them to realise he had to go :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

What did he do?

What did he do?

Basically didn’t think the way Twitter recommends you should. Though he did make the big mistake of representing the company while doing it. Had to go for that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

He'll sell his 10%, move back to Ohio, and start a small brewery there I reckon.
    Tell stories of how the Irish Comi-nazis destroyed his life because he was a proud patriotic child saving American.

What did he do?

Expressed support for Proud Boys and the QAnon mental delusion on Instagram on an account that was identifiable.

The first screenshot going around is just pro-Trump which would not be enough to even bother mentioning - its the support for white supremacist terrorists and a conspiracy theory that requires the cognitive dissonance of QAnon that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Basically didn’t think the way Twitter recommends you should. Though he did make the big mistake of representing the company while doing it. Had to go for that alone.

Eh, more than just Twitter with that opinion.

• Advertisement

Expressed support for Proud Boys and the QAnon mental delusion on Instagram on an account that was identifiable.

The first screenshot going around is just pro-Trump which would not be enough to even bother mentioning - its the support for white supremacist terrorists and a conspiracy theory that requires the cognitive dissonance of QAnon that's the issue.

Hadn’t seen that end of it actually. I take back the above.

Advertisement