Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

L1011 wrote: »
    While nominally Brú was the surviving, in name and in factory, it seems to be Carrig recipes that have won out.

I never liked Brú stuff before but they're a regular for me now.

I think that's a winner for me. I didn't dislike the Brú stuff, I thought they were quite alright and their IPA was certainly decent, but the Carrig brews were preferable for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

L1011 wrote: »
    While nominally Brú was the surviving, in name and in factory, it seems to be Carrig recipes that have won out.
    And, crucially, Carrig's head brewer is running things at Brú as well.

Funny bit of Carrig trivia: they made a red ale for Costco in the US and have decided to keep the Carrig name on it. The cans now say "Brewed and canned by Carrig Brewing Company, Trim, Co. Meath." That's going to confuse some future beer historian.

And +1 for bringing back Coalface!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Brexit tax on beer laid bare with these Wylam prices:
    https://craftcentral.ie/collections/coming-soon

Macchiato was €5.50 in Cork back in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

RonanC wrote: »
    Brexit tax on beer laid bare with these Wylam prices:
    https://craftcentral.ie/collections/coming-soon

Macchiato was €5.50 in Cork back in October.

Ouch, all the more reason to stick to the great craft offerings we have here in Ireland I suppose. I wonder does this affect the likes of Boundary beers coming from NI

Ouch, all the more reason to stick to the great craft offerings we have here in Ireland I suppose. I wonder does this affect the likes of Boundary beers coming from NI

I don’t think full Brexit applies to NI yet but it may well do soon they way they’re pushing for it to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Ordered from Blackrock Cellar (as they were the only place I could track down a certain Canvas beer) and I've received a parcel so tightly packed. They used shredded paper to really pad the bottles & cans. Good in a sense, but now I have a bunch of recycling to deal with :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Ordered from Blackrock Cellar (as they were the only place I could track down a certain Canvas beer) and I've received a parcel so tightly packed. They used shredded paper to really pad the bottles & cans. Good in a sense, but now I have a bunch of recycling to deal with :/

Better to be recycling cardboard and paper than broken glass :D but yeah I agree, I like the packaging that Craft Central use, just those cardboard divider inserts they're the perfect option.

Better to be recycling cardboard and paper than broken glass :D but yeah I agree, I like the packaging that Craft Central use, just those cardboard divider inserts they're the perfect option.

Exactly what I was thinking. Craft Central's packaging seems to be one the button. Doesn't help our recycling bin is already full as we've taken delivery of various housewares. :pac:

Blackrock Cellar did have some beers I've not seen elsewhere, including the Canvas ones. I tried to order x4 of a particular beer, but they rang to say they only had x2. They gave me the x2, and subbed two other Canvas beers (Belgian quad (in a can?!) and a fruited siason) instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Yards and crafts sent me bottles wrapped in bubblewrap, then with a wrap of cardboard. So far, never had an issue with bottles in those dividers from beerclub or beercloud. I don't recall getting bottles from craft central or craft direct.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Yards and crafts sent me bottles wrapped in bubblewrap, then with a wrap of cardboard. So far, never had an issue with bottles in those dividers from beerclub or beercloud. I don't recall getting bottles from craft central or craft direct.

I got a bottle from Craft Central last week - it had one layer of bubble wrap and then they cut down some of the dividers to encapsulate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Macy0161 wrote: »

Aye craftdirect are cans only. come in a branded box with nice dividers. have had great experience with them. always next day delivery to Donegal without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I got a delivery from Yards and Crafts, and also one from Craft Central.
    No issue whatsoever. The box from craft central with the dividers for single cans / bottles is great, but if you only have a small order, there's a lot of waste / empty space.
    They could maybe do with getting a 12 no. box along with the standard 24.

They always arrive swiftly and unbroken, so i'm nitpicking really.

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Aye craftdirect are cans only. come in a branded box with nice dividers. have had great experience with them. always next day delivery to Donegal without fail.
    Just put in an order this morning - never not been next day with them or craft central, or beercloud to be fair.

Almost certain it's been mentioned in this thread re Mescan; some of their range is up on Craft Beers Delivered now. Red Tripel is highly recommended from this poster. https://www.craftbeersdelivered.com/Mescan

Anyone had this yet? Belgian tripel and aged in sherry butts. https://beercloud.ie/product/dead-centre-precious-cargo-500-bottle/

Haven't ordered from Beer Cloud before, but there's some bits I'd like to pick up. The risk is Mrs Pen Rua getting rightly annoyed... I have a shelf full of beer, eyeing up stuff from Bierhaus here in Cork and now this... :'D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think it was on this thread that people were talking about quick turnaround times from Craft Central. I placed an order today at 15:39 and got an order confirmation email saying it was packed and waiting collection from DPD at 15:46. When I clicked on the tracking link at around 16:00 it said it was collected by the DPD driver at 15:55!! How is that even possible?!!?

Probably got lucky with the timing but still, a 16min turnaround from order to courier!!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think it was on this thread that people were talking about quick turnaround times from Craft Central. I placed an order today at 15:39 and got an order confirmation email saying it was packed and waiting collection from DPD at 15:46. When I clicked on the tracking link at around 16:00 it said it was collected by the DPD driver at 15:55!! How is that even possible?!!?

Probably got lucky with the timing but still, a 16min turnaround from order to courier!!

I must be unlucky. I ordered from them last night and got the mail saying it was packed and waiting for collection this morning. The tracking link still just says order data received and no sign of it being collected yet.

nialldinho wrote: »
    I must be unlucky. I ordered from them last night and got the mail saying it was packed and waiting for collection this morning. The tracking link still just says order data received and no sign of it being collected yet.

Email them. They always respond quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Many get the Porterhouse Around The Clock 2 release?

Picked up a couple in Molloy's on Tuesday. Seemed to be plenty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Many get the Porterhouse Around The Clock 2 release?
    Didn't even know they were out, must get some at the weekend!

• Advertisement

Order delivered at 10:39 today!! That's some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Order delivered at 10:39 today!! That's some going.

Got mine too. Looks like DPD just didn’t update tracking until late last night. Delighted!

Black Donkey, Rascals & Dundalk Bay all getting shelf space in Aldi from 18 March, while stocks last.

https://www.fft.ie/aldi-irish-craft-beer-event/

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Ordered the new Around the Clock from Yards and Crafts. First time ordering from there. My order went through at 3pm, was delivered shortly before 6pm the same day. One of the lads working there was passing by on his way home - some service!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flended12

Black Donkey, Rascals & Dundalk Bay all getting shelf space in Aldi from 18 March, while stocks last.

Whats Dundalk stuff like? Seen it in Molloys a week or so ago on special but it reminded me of Hop House 13 packaging and didnt bother.

flended12 wrote: »
    Whats Dundalk stuff like?
    When they're good they're very very good and when they're not they're boring. I don't know if the "American Pale Ale" in this offer is the one they used to call "Belgian Trappist American Pale Ale" but if it is, it's well worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Hopefully they become a part of their main range.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

flended12 wrote: »
    Whats Dundalk stuff like? Seen it in Molloys a week or so ago on special but it reminded me of Hop House 13 packaging and didnt bother.

I really didn't like the pale ale, heavily malted with little hop flavour. I would be fully convinced it was a red ale if it didn't say pale ale on the can. Haven't had the IPA but will give it a go

Not too panicked of a Thursday, but first non-next day from Craft Direct for me (spoke too soon yesterday) given Fastway normally here before lunch. I think it's a fastway issue as a couple of Yards and Crafts have been slow too. Can they not all just switch to DPD already?
    Hopefully they become a part of their main range.
    Black Donkey and Rascals are normally in around this time of the year, so I'd be surprised. I thought Lough Gill might have got in with their minimal branding ones from last summer (I particularly enjoyed "Rough Wave"), but they didn't last. "Native" made a reappearance though!

• Advertisement

Larkin's continue the odd "Curious Society" brand with two new releases, an "American wheat beer" and West Coast IPA.

I thought the point of their Curious Society brand was to appeal to macro drinks with accessible pilsners etc. Now they've moved into more "crafty" type styles.

Advertisement