Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

L1011 wrote: »
    Local SuperValu, since the X for Y offers ended, are selling 500ml bottles of Kinnegar for 4c more than 440ml cans - only a small overlap between the rangers they offer, but tonights Rustbuckets were back to bottle for me

Scraggy Bay was on a direct promotion (still legit) in cans so it was better value then.

For me, the hassle of bringing the bottles to the bottle bank would completely negate the greater quantity in the bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I bring the cans anyway as our recycle bin is usually jammed with cardboard and tetrapaks; so only a slight difference in the volume to bring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

GBB's smoked marzen is back. This was one of the first beers I got last year when I got back into (craft) beer.

Kinnegar also have the 14th of their Brewers at Play, which is their third attempt at a hazy session IPA (which was No. 8 & 7).

https://twitter.com/bradleys_offlic/status/1380120127937601540

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The marzen is as good as the last batch anyway. I really enjoyed the Stormy Port porter too in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

ooh nice had the stormy porter delviered today, along with whiplash's baltic porter (meoldy noir) this wee turn in the weather has me craving the aul porters/stouts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yes I sank a few bottles of Left Hand Milk Stouts on Monday when the weather turned, I'm nearly certain it made me feel better!

3 Brú (cheap flirt; citra; off the hook); 3 Porterhouse (wrassler; renegade; rambler) and 3 different White Hag four packs (9th wave was one, can't remember the other two) in lidl tonight. The Brú and Porterhouse were 2.79 which is a little below normal.

Only picked up a rambler as pretty well stocked for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Went up to Knead in Drumcondra last night and grabbed a pizza and a couple of cans.

Was very impressed by this bad boy:

549620.jpeg

Delighted I got to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Anyone know if Craft Central have smaller packaging available? I'm thinking of ordering 6 beers for someone as a thank you but a big 24 can box with 6 cans in it will look a bit ridiculous!!

Anyone know if Craft Central have smaller packaging available? I'm thinking of ordering 6 beers for someone as a thank you but a big 24 can box with 6 cans in it will look a bit ridiculous!!

I’ve ordered small quantities and it comes in the standard 24 slot box.

• Advertisement

Blacks just shared on their Instagram story that their Kinsale Pale Ale is going to Tesco in 4 packs soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ordered a mixed box of Torc bottles. Looking forward to trying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

They have a comment box when you're confirming your order to message the staff. I often put 'please pack in a plastic bag" when I'm ordering in small quantities. Either that or email them your request. They're usually very prompt in replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

GBX wrote: »
    Ordered a mixed box of Torc bottles. Looking forward to trying them.

Tried some of their stuff a few months back-the wheat and amber ales were nice...but i was v unimpressed with the rest of their range

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Passenger wrote: »
    They have a comment box when you're confirming your order to message the staff. I often put 'please pack in a plastic bag" when I'm ordering in small quantities. Either that or email them your request. They're usually very prompt in replying.

Thanks. I'll try that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

BeerCloud have just started using their own 6 pack boxes that they developed themselves that are seriously well designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

mike_cork wrote: »
    Tried some of their stuff a few months back-the wheat and amber ales were nice...but i was v unimpressed with the rest of their range
    Agree with this. Overall I was underwhelmed. There's so much choice and variety out there now that Torc pale in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Agree with this. Overall I was underwhelmed. There's so much choice and variety out there now that Torc pale in comparison.
    mike_cork wrote: »

I hear ya. Will give it a go and see what I make of them.

The new(ish) Texaco filling station in NTMK always has a good display of their stuff.
    Cheers for the tip off - yes, full wicklow wolf range (and black hops), plus a few more.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Cheers for the tip off - yes, full wicklow wolf range (and black hops), plus a few more.

Yeah it’s very handy there. They’ve the best soft drink fridges in the country too for coolness levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Blacks just shared on their Instagram story that their Kinsale Pale Ale is going to Tesco in 4 packs soon.

The law of unintended consequences. The Gubberments effort to reduce consumption will just increase consumption of the same beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The law of unintended consequences. The Gubberments effort to reduce consumption will just increase consumption of the same beer.

And has made singles cheaper in most cases. They hoped everything would become the full price of a single!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭sporina

Just learnt that Bru Dog was rejected by Dragons Den. and the co. is no worth 400 million :eek: egg in their face eh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

sporina wrote: »
    Just learnt that Bru Dog was rejected by Dragons Den. and the co. is no worth 400 million :eek: egg in their face eh

As with all things BrewDog, there's a good chance they were only applying to get on Dragon's Den for the free publicity. I can't imagine they'd have actually given up much equity on the show if they'd got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

LIDL specials: the citra BRU one is decent for the price, their "contemporary lager" or whatever wasn't that bad either. Porterhouse Renegade reminds me of Irish craft beers of a few years back, got that diacetyl kick for the nostalgia

irish_goat wrote: »
    As with all things BrewDog, there's a good chance they were only applying to get on Dragon's Den for the free publicity. I can't imagine they'd have actually given up much equity on the show if they'd got on.

Their founder keeps popping up on my LinkedIn with different schemes and promotions. 50% of the comments laud him, 50% of them hate on him and call him out for the pointless PR grab. As vaccines become available, he offered the Scottish Govt access to their brewpubs (and brewery??) to administer vaccines. Queue a bunch of healthcare professionals deriding him for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Done the mullingans dot and spot tasting last night.
    Loved it. Good Craic on it.

The two beers were unreal. The contains nuts was a beautiful desert beer and the barrel aged stout was perfect to sip over watching something.

https://www.thebeerclub.ie/products/dot-brew-contains-nuts-2021-330ml-can?_pos=5&_sid=24c50c5af&_ss=r

https://www.thebeerclub.ie/products/dot-brew-the-barrel-aged-adventures-of-extra-stout-330ml-can?_pos=14&_sid=24c50c5af&_ss=r

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Their founder keeps popping up on my LinkedIn with different schemes and promotions. 50% of the comments laud him, 50% of them hate on him and call him out for the pointless PR grab. As vaccines become available, he offered the Scottish Govt access to their brewpubs (and brewery??) to administer vaccines. Queue a bunch of healthcare professionals deriding him for the suggestion.

The BrewDog investment thing has all gone a bit Ponsi now. I invested years ago and made a really decent return. Although the main reason I invested at the time was due to the shareholder benefits, in particular the shop discount. Used to get incredible beers that weren’t available in Ireland. Plus you could get them delivered for peanuts from Parcel Motel. PM copped on to this and stopped delivering.

Their online shop is a bit pants lately. Just loads of multi packs of their own beers and little to no guest beers. Their specials aren’t great and ironically enough their core range just seems very Macro now.

They’ve also reduced their loyalty discount. No real benefits to investing anymore. Not unless they decide to sell out to one of the big guys, but I don’t see that happening any time soon.

snowblind wrote: »
    LIDL specials: the citra BRU one is decent for the price, their "contemporary lager" or whatever wasn't that bad either. Porterhouse Renegade reminds me of Irish craft beers of a few years back, got that diacetyl kick for the nostalgia
    Craft beer listed as the specials for this Thursday, despite all the Irish ones being in there already.
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/craft-beer/c111/w2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

BeerCloud have just started using their own 6 pack boxes that they developed themselves that are seriously well designed.

Pity Beer Cloud's prices are so high though. I can get anything I'm interested in much cheaper either locally or from the brewer directly.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement