Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

L1011 wrote: »
    Whereas at least on my two orders Yards & Crafts handwrote a thank you note for nothing!

And handwritten too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Picked up one of the O’Hara’s BrewDog inspired 4 can fridge packs in Tesco. The West Coast IPA. As mentioned, a bit steep at €12 a pack and it wouldn’t have encouraged me to buy the other 2 styles. Molloys have the individual cans at €2.50 each so I’ve picked up one of each to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Picked up one of the O’Hara’s BrewDog inspired 4 can fridge packs in Tesco. The West Coast IPA. As mentioned, a bit steep at €12 a pack and it wouldn’t have encouraged me to buy the other 2 styles. Molloys have the individual cans at €2.50 each so I’ve picked up one of each to try.

Looks like CraftCentral are doing those but in 440ml according to their "coming soon" section for €3 a pop, strange that they released them in 330ml and 440ml or maybe its a mistake on CC.

Oh, and a Leann Follain 440ml too.

Might grab a few when they pop up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

DrZeuss wrote: »

Oh, and a Leann Follain 440ml too.

Blasphemy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Gift Message (+€1.00)
    Pop a message below and we’ll include a hand-written gift card with your order

A €1 charge to write a message? Jaysis!

Writing messages by hand is a PITA.
    The charge is there not to gouge money but to discourage hand written notes unless really required.
    We get orders requesting hand written notes but the package is being delivered to the gifter, not the recipient!
    People even request gift notes to themselves.
    PITA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

We print customer's notes on labels and then put them on nice branded notecards, no complaints yet! FOC, of course. I think there would be complaints if people had to attempt to read my handwriting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Just ordered a 'Leann Folláin in a can.' Which is a slogan i hope they take advantage of marketing wise.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

"Leann Folláin in a cawn"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Was thinking that myself

Doing this is will usually kill goodwill with customers. Better to have it free and keep customers on board for the sake of a minutes work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Just ordered a 'Leann Folláin in a can.' Which is a slogan i hope they take advantage of marketing wise.
    Currently €2.50 in tesco, so no thanks! Interesting the 440's are the same unit price as the 330 4 pack. I'd go back to my earlier point that it must be in the expectation of them being discounted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Replacing the 500ml bottle with the 440ml can might be a way of digging themselves out of the Leann-Folláin-costs-€2.50 hole that the multibuy ban has dug for them. Down with that sort of thing.

The LoCal was actually €2.25 in Molloys

BeerNut wrote: »
    "Leann Folláin in a cawn"?

:D I just can't bring myself to say it like that in a Donegal accent.

I've also just ordered Black's St. Tropez and Galway Bay big Feelings. Looking forward to the contrast!

I really hope they keep the 500ml bottles also, I'll probably move to a different stout if not

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I really hope they keep the 500ml bottles also, I'll probably move to a different stout if not

What if it works out at the same price per ml?

Also, LF is probably due a price hike, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Wicklow Tesco had the new O'Hara's, and a decent range if Kinnegar (at €3.50). Not paying that for the O'Hara's when the 440's are the same price at a non-multinational (Kinnegar a premium in Tesco too). Picked up a Leann Follain at 2.50. To be fair, it's probably been under priced for years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I had the O'Haras LoCal IPA last night. Pretty disappointing, it's highly carbonated to make up for the lack of malt body but there's not much else going on. Has that slight Berocca hop character in the background. Would be fine as a refreshment, but doesn't really satisfy as a beer should. Also, it doesn't list how many calories are in it, which is surely the info you would want if you're trying to use this for weight management?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

irish_goat wrote: »
    I had the O'Haras LoCal IPA last night. Pretty disappointing, it's highly carbonated to make up for the lack of malt body but there's not much else going on. Has that slight Berocca hop character in the background. Would be fine as a refreshment, but doesn't really satisfy as a beer should. Also, it doesn't list how many calories are in it, which is surely the info you would want if you're trying to use this for weight management?

FWIW, it's 85 cals.

https://twitter.com/OHarasBeers/status/1386284533155250176

irish_goat wrote: »
    Yeah had one last night and thought it was just ok. Was surprised that they didn't list the calories on the can. Like what's the point of you don't mention it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Beercloud order for the weekend is showing as damaged/returned to sender on DPDs site. Fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

I see Craft Central have reopened fully in town. Disappointed to see they have an extra 15c on each can compared to their website price

https://craftcentral.ie/collections/may-sale-1

Craft Central are doing a weekend sale. It seems to be predominately the recent US & UK imports marked down by a euro or two.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    https://craftcentral.ie/collections/may-sale-1

Craft Central are doing a weekend sale. It seems to be predominately the recent US & UK imports marked down by a euro or two.

Probably have surplus stock understandably, not a hope I'm paying €7+ for beers when there's Irish beers just as good available for €3-€5

Was in the direction of an Aldi for the first time in a long while. Their (craft) beer selection lags behind Lidl in a big way. Their “own brand” craft beer is mediocre at best, and they buy in precious few Irish breweries. Compared to Lidl with a stellar bang for your buck “own brand” brewed by Rye River, and more recently the 4 packs from White Hag et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Was in the direction of an Aldi for the first time in a long while. Their (craft) beer selection lags behind Lidl in a big way. Their “own brand” craft beer is mediocre at best, and they buy in precious few Irish breweries. Compared to Lidl with a stellar bang for your buck “own brand” brewed by Rye River, and more recently the 4 packs from White Hag et al.

Yeah Lidl have really pulled away from Aldi in their craft beer offerings, hopefully Aldi can catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Just getting ready for Line of Duty with four bottles!

- Galway Bay Full Sail and 3 Mescans (Seven Virtues Lager, Seven Vertues Carnal Knowledge and a Westport Blond!)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Buster wrote: »
    Just getting ready for Line of Duty with four bottles!

- Galway Bay Full Sail and 3 Mescans (Seven Virtues Lager, Seven Vertues Carnal Knowledge and a Westport Blond!)
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Im on a slippy slide down into loving craft beers. After trying a number of stouts ( left hand, o haras, porterhouse, around the clocks, dot brewing) The boss in work has been raving about sierra nevada tropical torpedo so i took a trip down to McHugh's in artane bought two cans of it and picked up hopfully graciosa and rascals fruitroplis and Dot brewings peaches sour

Really hated the rascals couldnt get it into. Really enjoyed the other three. any other tropical type IPAS ill listen lads.

Sunday i took another trip down looking for a dublin larger HopburghH Helles only reason i bough 4 bottles was there header and main picture on there website is a picture of bachelors walk and dead centre is my grandas old jewellers ( Des Byrne Jewellers) so i though i should support. I loved that beer really enjoyed them at 4.90 a bottle for a 500ml bottle i wont buying it every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

but1er wrote: »
    Im on a slippy slide down into loving craft beers. After trying a number of stouts ( left hand, o haras, porterhouse, around the clocks, dot brewing) The boss in work has been raving about sierra nevada tropical torpedo so i took a trip down to McHugh's in artane bought two cans of it and picked up hopfully graciosa and rascals fruitroplis and Dot brewings peaches sour

Really hated the rascals couldnt get it into. Really enjoyed the other three. any other tropical type IPAS ill listen lads.

Sunday i took another trip down looking for a dublin larger HopburghH Helles only reason i bough 4 bottles was there header and main picture on there website is a picture of bachelors walk and dead centre is my grandas old jewellers ( Des Byrne Jewellers) so i though i should support. I loved that beer really enjoyed them at 4.90 a bottle for a 500ml bottle i wont buying it every week.

The Hopburgh is lovely. But as you say, tis tasty in the price department, so one for a rare tipple.

Advertisement