Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

RonanC wrote: »
    That is a thread featuring the first of 3 posts, not one of three beers I'd imagine.

The Instagram version says it's going on webshop with two beers - not sure why the Twitter version doesn't have the same wording.

Usually share the Twitter post as it auto-expands on Boards where as Instagram doesn't.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ran out of characters didn't I :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

2pm drop on the whiplash beer set your alarms

A (bloody :pac: ) fruited witbier, with blood orange & blood peach.

https://twitter.com/whiplashbeer/status/1394946417567977472

Well that's an order of lime & mango sour, fruited witbier, a West Cost IPA, a normal witbier, a pale ale and an NEIPA on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Pen Rua wrote: »

So there was only 2 releases?

Horse Power IPA, first brewed last summer, is also back in this drop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

just picked up the 6 can set. This IPA game not cheap lads.

I'm trying to resist.

I ordered lots of Antipodean today :)

• Advertisement

GBB releasing a non barrel aged imperial stout next week.

https://twitter.com/galwaybeer/status/1392456701622824965?s=21

Bradley's in Cork got 12 cans of this in, and sold out almost immediately.

Wasn’t the whole Curious Society thing meant to be a few cheap simple beers in multi packs? They’ve near a bigger range than their main brand now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Wasn’t the whole Curious Society thing meant to be a few cheap simple beers in multi packs? They’ve near a bigger range than their main brand now.

Today they said
    Larkin's wrote:
    after a little quiet period we're getting ready to launch a new Larkin's project.

I prefer the CS stuff than the Larkins anyway. The latter could really do with an artwork revamp too.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Today they said

Starting off with an IPA under the Larkin's banner.

https://twitter.com/larkins_brewing/status/1395386362799566854

I prefer the CS stuff than the Larkins anyway. The latter could really do with an artwork revamp too.

Seems it's a case of ask and you shall receive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

BeerNut wrote: »
    Today they said

An NEIPA that says IPA on the can, right up your street :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I largely take it for granted. TheBeerRevolu is the one who needs transparent aluminium :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,001 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That's more my bag than BN.
    Wrecks my head. A NEIPA is about as similar to an IPA as a red ale is to a stout.
    They need completely different names.

Look, you've gotten me going again!

That's more my bag than BN.
    Wrecks my head. A NEIPA is about as similar to an IPA as a red ale is to a stout.
    They need completely different names.

Look, you've gotten me going again!

Ah I knew it was one of ye. It's a valid argument to be fair, just doesn't bother me so much as long as I like whatever is in the can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 l14masasddadsg

Bradley's in Cork got 12 cans of this in, and sold out almost immediately.

There were a couple left still in the fridge in Matsons in Grange earlier this afternoon, might be worth asking if you can't see them because there was only room for a small few in the spot they were in the fridge.

€10 though, saucy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

There were a couple left still in the fridge in Matsons in Grange earlier this afternoon, might be worth asking if you can't see them because there was only room for a small few in the spot they were in the fridge.

€10 though, saucy enough!

Would you know if O'Briens are stocking it? No car for a week and weather will limit my beer radius

Tried all the new Whiplash non NEIPA beers this evening. Fruits Salad(Sour), Let it Bleed(Fruited Witbier), Alma(Witbier), Covered in Dust(West Coast IPA). All very nice except the fruited witbier which wasn't my style, that Belgian yeast doesn't play nice with all that raw orange imo. The West Coast IPA was my favourite, quite sweet but with nice bitterness in the aftertaste. The sour was decent but passion pool has kind of ruined a lot of sours for me with how good it is. Anyway it's great to see Whiplash put out good beers other than NEIPA and strong stout/porter. Would like to see them take on more variations of West Coast IPA and sours

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Any idea why Whiplash don't ship on Fridays? Ordered on Thursday but still no sign of it being shipped. Might stick with craft central in future.
    If your order is placed before midday, Monday to Thursday, it will be dispatched the same day. Orders made after midday on Thursday are shipped the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anyone else find the Fran Wells 4 pks are a disaster, filled to the brim and spray everywhere when opened

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Anyone else find the Fran Wells 4 pks are a disaster, filled to the brim and spray everywhere when opened

I had this problem with a white hag phantom 4 pack from Lidl too! Very annoying!

adrian522 wrote: »
    Any idea why Whiplash don't ship on Fridays? Ordered on Thursday but still no sign of it being shipped. Might stick with craft central in future.

Saves the beer sitting in a courier warehouse all weekend, and it's in our chilled storage instead! The 12 cutoff is as late as we can leave it to make sure we can dispatch same day,although if we can we'll get as many orders through as possible, even past the 12 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Craft central have some serious delivery times.

I've often ordered fairly late in the evening at get delivered in the morning.

They must be giving DPD back handers :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Surely it can be sent at some point on Friday though?

If I'd known order on Thursday would not be delivered until Tuesday at the earliest I'd have ordered from somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

adrian522 wrote: »
    Surely it can be sent at some point on Friday though?

If I'd known order on Thursday would not be delivered until Tuesday at the earliest I'd have ordered from somewhere else.

It's all to do with the quality of the beer, as Twee said above. Considering that most Whiplash beers atm are heavily hopped or fruited, you need those to say in cold storage until they reach your glass. If they're sent out on Friday, they'll sit in a box, in a random warehouse, possibly in direct sunlight for 48+ hours since UPS don't normally deliver on a weekend.

Advertisement