Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I finally got around to trying Passion Pool and it has lived up to the hype imo. Top beer. Like a sour Solero.

Looks like an NEIPA and it’s strange that salt is not listed on the ingredients if it’s a Gose. Maybe they’ve gone all technical with the profile of the brewing water? Either way, it’s a great beer. I was getting very bored of “meh” sours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

One's called Illusion of Choice! :rolleyes:

Funnily enough that was the most unique of the lot, like a neipa/hefeweizen hybrid, really interesting and tasty. The other 3 were everything you would expect from NEIPAs, grand mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Lads that raspberries roadtrip explorer from mchughs was the dream yesterday. really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 43,888 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I finally got around to trying Passion Pool and it has lived up to the hype imo. Top beer. Like a sour Solero.

Looks like an NEIPA and it’s strange that salt is not listed on the ingredients if it’s a Gose. Maybe they’ve gone all technical with the profile of the brewing water? Either way, it’s a great beer. I was getting very bored of “meh” sours.
    Funnily enough.. my girlfriend’s sister arrived yesterday with a few beers for us. Shewent into an offie without her glasses and picked a few beers she thought looked “fancy”..

.. and Passion Pool was one of them. Looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭flended12

Gents, Ladies and other...

Weather supposed to be nice this weekend, meeting with a friend to enjoy some beers.

What say you for a sunny evening and potential BBQ. No sours or similar.

The beers maybe followed by some black barrell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How early are you intending to start?

Sessions all the way if it's early. Bucket & Spade from Kinnegar, Hop On from Hope and Little Fawn from White Hag would be my generally easily available choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Brú Cheap Flirt as well, and the two Wicklow Wolf sessions (Avalanche and Eden).

You could go Micro too - Trouble Brewing Love Below (and their Graffiti session which is on and off €2.50 in Tesco).

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Kinnegar Bucket & Spade would be my choice for a session beer but Roll Over from Whiplash is also a good option.

craftcentral order for the weekend leisurely placed 40m after their cutoff time; plenty of time for it to ship tomorrow and still be there when I get home from work on Friday.

DPD tracking code sent 5 minutes later.

I really wish I could get them to start up other forms of shop.

Ordered the Hope Birthday Box (and a couple of the McHughs collab). Delivery a bit steep outside of Dublin (particularly when it's fastway), but really couldn't resist the Stroopwafel* Stout and Gorse Tripel. Also looking forward to the Overnight oats IPA as didn't have it first time around.

*discovered these waffels doing the Liege Bastogne Liege sportive, and quite frankly only got around because of them (and the belgian waffles!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Ordered the Hope Birthday Box (and a couple of the McHughs collab). Delivery a bit steep outside of Dublin (particularly when it's fastway), but really couldn't resist the Stroopwafel* Stout and Gorse Tripel. Also looking forward to the Overnight oats IPA as didn't have it first time around.

*discovered these waffels doing the Liege Bastogne Liege sportive, and quite frankly only got around because of them (and the belgian waffles!).

If you order directly from Hope, as opposed to from McHughs, there's no delivery charge for the birthday box.

If you order directly from Hope, as opposed to from McHughs, there's no delivery charge for the birthday box.
    It was Hope that were pushing McHugh's! Didn't even check direct.

Hope don't sell their beer on their website?

Hope don't sell their beer on their website?
    Just had a look and couldn't see it. Even the Hope mailing list pointed to McHugh's. Anyway, ordered now, move on to something for this weekend!

I had looked at it yesterday and was thinking it was an awful price considering I’d only drink 3 of the 5 cans, but only noticed now that you get one each of hop on, jack, and all them too.

I had looked at it yesterday and was thinking it was an awful price considering I’d only drink 3 of the 5 cans, but only noticed now that you get one each of hop on, jack, and all them too.

Yeah 10 beers and a glass for 40 euro, not a bad deal, going to grab one myself

Yeah 10 beers and a glass for 40 euro, not a bad deal, going to grab one myself

Yeah it’s very good, their core range is good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

not had any of the hope stuff yet so ordered the birthday kit just to try it and knock it off the list. Look forward to it

Ordered Hope box too - anyone have an idea of what style glass will be included?

Basq wrote: »
    Ordered Hope box too - anyone have an idea of what style glass will be included?

No idea but I find it strange it's a 330ml glass when their core range is all 440ml

• Advertisement

It's one of the can shaped ones I think.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    It's one of the can shaped ones I think.
    Yeah, saw they indicated "Limited Edition 330ml can glass" on description on McHugh's but the only can shaped glass I know is this one and it's 510ml: https://hopebeer.ie/product/tubo-craft-beer-glass/

So maybe something similar in 330ml.

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, saw they indicated "Limited Edition 330ml can glass" on description on McHugh's but the only can shaped glass I know is this one and it's 510ml: https://hopebeer.ie/product/tubo-craft-beer-glass/

So maybe something similar in 330ml.

If it's can shaped then it's probably like this one

554918.jpeg

The 'urine sample jar' as my wife calls it

Got one of those in the Indie Beer Week box. It looks flimsy as hell but isn't. It is an odd choice of size for a 440-using brewery as you can see from that pic!

I have the bru one and got a hope one when they were giving them free with any other merch (I'd assume it's the same one). They look good on beerstagram anyway! :)

They do a lovely little tubo one on their website but it’s 500 I think.

Boxtravaganza 2 pre-order links sent out to anyone who had either bought last years box or tickets to the real festival in previous years. Ordered, now to make sure I actually remember not to go away that weekend!

^ Yep, bought earlier. Pricey but Clann reduction helped.

Can you not buy it if not a previous customer then?

• Advertisement

Can you not buy it if not a previous customer then?
    Was a presale today.

Should be available to everyone over weekend AFAIK.

Advertisement