Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporting craft breweries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

PWEI wrote: »
    Didn't think much of the red ale myself, their porter was actually nicer than the red ale & I wouldn't be a porter drinker.
    Their Coast Road IPA is excellent.

Yeah the Coast Road Ipa is v nice and different to what I'd normally taste when I'd drink an Ipa. That and the wheat beer their 2 best beers I think.
    If you haven't already tried it, try the St Mels ipa. Very nice. Had my first experience of St mels last weekend and thought it was great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Just put in an order on Beer cloud they have a limited Edition Dead Centre DIPA Stay the Feck at Home! Grabbed a bottle of their Imperial stout and cans of amber ale to.

EV-8CHYX0AEIksP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

BeerNut wrote: »
    Dec's Brown, while far too rare, is the best McGargle's beer and possibly the best Irish brown ale.

Have only ever come across it in the boxes unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Made a quick dash to Braldey's. Not a whole bunch took my fancy today if I am honest, but picked up Trouble Brewing's Speakerbox DIPA (the bright pink can) & Kinnegar's Scraggy Bay with two other bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Some of the excellent beers they had on the shelf today include:
    Setting Sun
    Swoon
    Narwhal
    new White Hag DIPA
    Glen of Imaal
    Tasty Juice
    Full selection of Elbow Lane beers in bottles.
    Southern Living

and that's just the arrivals in the last week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mike_cork

RonanC wrote: »
    Some of the excellent beers they had on the shelf today include:
    Setting Sun
    Swoon
    Narwhal
    new White Hag DIPA
    Glen of Imaal
    Tasty Juice
    Full selection of Elbow Lane beers in bottles.
    Southern Living

and that's just the arrivals in the last week or so.

What's the elbow lane stuff like, would you/anyone else recommend?

mike_cork wrote: »
    What's the elbow lane stuff like, would you/anyone else recommend?

I had their Arrow Weisse in the restaurant a couple of months ago and was really taken by it, really enjoyed it. But, I didn't see it on the shelves. FWIW, Bradley's have them on 3 bottles for €11.

Thanks to the other posting noting some of the bits I missed. I was under time pressure which probably did not aid my decision making!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

mike_cork wrote: »
    What's the elbow lane stuff like
    Maybe I've just been unlucky but I've found them generally poor. The pint of Wisdom I got in Market Lane was really badly infected, though that was a few years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

I find the Beerclub seem to add on a few extra euro onto their stock compared to other online sources. The 5ltr kegs for example, that are going on sale are cheaper in Martins off licence compared to Beerclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Not sure if mentioned but be careful if buying from Black's as they use fastway.

I ordered one of the mini kegs last week. Would have been as well throwing the money out the window.

• Advertisement

Not sure if mentioned but be careful if buying from Black's as they use fastway.

I ordered one of the mini kegs last week. Would have been as well throwing the money out the window.

I had one of the mini-kegs delivered from Fastway the day after ordering - no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Dellboy54

Growlers seem to be taking off in the current climate. So far I've seen
    Harbour Bar
    Big Romance
    57 the Headline
    Taphouse
    Brickyard

advertising growlers online. Some deliver and some collection. In case yer looking for some draft....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I had one of the mini-kegs delivered from Fastway the day after ordering - no issues at all.

Out of interest did they get in contact with you about the delivery or just show up?

I didn't even know I had a tracking number until I contacted black's today. According to that tracking number it was apparently delivered last week - much to my surprise as I haven't seen the thing :D

I've ordered from Martin's (who use Fastway) & Craft Central.ie (who use DPD). I happened to have a separate non-beer delivery due today from Fastway. In my experience (Cork City), Fastway have found me with no phone calls or checking but they take two days to deliver. DPD usually make their way to my approx location, and then ring me to try find the house but they usually get it done in the day.

(The address is a bit of weird one, but the two Fastway drivers have had no hassle vs the two DPD guys.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

How long do those minikegs keep the beer fresh-ish for, a mate said 3 days max, It would just be for myself so would only get one if it was 10 days or 2 weeks I'd usually drink equivalent of 5 500ml bottles a week max?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Of all my orders so far, Fastway have sent one Whiplash to Kerry, which turned up many days later; and have delivered 2/3rds of an order from Beercloud. The remaining 1/3rd has yet to turn up but will be refunded as a voucher code (at my request) which I'll use next time I order - gives it a bit more time to turn up.

Reliability is only about 60% based on that; if you define reliability as all orders arriving on time and intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I've ordered from Martin's (who use Fastway) & Craft Central.ie (who use DPD). I happened to have a separate non-beer delivery due today from Fastway. In my experience (Cork City), Fastway have found me with no phone calls or checking but they take two days to deliver. DPD usually make their way to my approx location, and then ring me to try find the house but they usually get it done in the day.

(The address is a bit of weird one, but the two Fastway drivers have had no hassle vs the two DPD guys.)

As a GIS analyst reading this hurts my soul...

Eircode is your friend here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

Anyone know how long beercloud is offline for? I'd like to order from St. Mels Brewery

As a GIS analyst reading this hurts my soul...

Eircode is your friend here. :)

Yup, we provide the Eircode each time but it would appear that DPD does not utilise it. We have checked the Eircode website, and the Eircode we provide pinpoints our exact building. Google Maps gives an approximate location but not perfect.

Out of interest did they get in contact with you about the delivery or just show up?

Just showed up the morning after I had ordered the keg.
    How long do those minikegs keep the beer fresh-ish for, a mate said 3 days max, It would just be for myself so would only get one if it was 10 days or 2 weeks I'd usually drink equivalent of 5 500ml bottles a week max?

It's supposed to be used within 48 hours of opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's supposed to be used within 48 hours of opening.
    Yeah, wish I knew this before ordering but it does make sense. White Hag are planning on doing them shortly too and mentioned 48 hours also. Once the oxygen gets at it, it’s a time bomb.

Have 2 of the Black’s Kegs.. one is lined up for the next bank holiday weekend and I’ll make a good go of it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, wish I knew this before ordering but it does make sense. White Hag are planning on doing them shortly too and mentioned 48 hours also. Once the oxygen gets at it, it’s a time bomb.

Have 2 of the Black’s Kegs.. one is lined up for the next bank holiday weekend and I’ll make a good go of it! :D

Buy a dispenser with CO2 bulbs to replace the oxygen in the keg when dispensing and a minikeg will happily last a couple of weeks

Yup, we provide the Eircode each time but it would appear that DPD does not utilise it. We have checked the Eircode website, and the Eircode we provide pinpoints our exact building. Google Maps gives an approximate location but not perfect.

Can you report the location on google maps to get it moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

DPD are so annoying in their refusal to use Eircodes.

It wasnt a beer related delivery but only last week I had an experience with them last week where despite me providing my full address when making my order with the retailer (house name, street, area, county, eircode), they sent my package to a "similar" address in Cork.

They were similar in that the house name and area were the same, and somehow they totally managed to ignore the street name, county and the eircode which of course make the addresses totally different.

Can you report the location on google maps to get it moved?

I was able to suggest an edit to the street name (it was previously showing up as the wrong name) but the addresses still don't function properly. It doesn't look like I can amend the entry when searching by Eircode but I might poke around this evening.
    SozBbz wrote: »
    DPD are so annoying in their refusal to use Eircodes.

It wasnt a beer related delivery but only last week I had an experience with them last week where despite me providing my full address when making my order with the retailer (house name, street, area, county, eircode), they sent my package to a "similar" address in Cork.

They were similar in that the house name and area were the same, and somehow they totally managed to ignore the street name, county and the eircode which of course make the addresses totally different.

I would have assumed such delivery companies operate software under license from Eircode to utilise Eircodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I was able to suggest an edit to the street name (it was previously showing up as the wrong name) but the addresses still don't function properly. It doesn't look like I can amend the entry when searching by Eircode but I might poke around this evening.

I would have assumed such delivery companies operate software under license from Eircode to utilise Eircodes.

They should be, but it costs to update their systems and it costs to access the Eircode database and they don't want to pay for either.

I still don't know how they managed to make such a balls of my delivery - somewhere between what I gave the retailer (its on my confirmation email) and the delivery label, the address got cut down to just house name, area and Eircode. So given that they just ignore the Eircode, they sent my package on a 5 day detour to Cork when it should have been in Dublin.

On the desktop version I think you can re-drop the pin for the location. Used to be able to anyway, I did it for my work before.

On the desktop version I think you can re-drop the pin for the location. Used to be able to anyway, I did it for my work before.

Had a look - appears it's a right click on the pin & "report data problem" - will try again when I'm off the work laptop ;) Thanks for the suggestion!

Separately, had a call from Craft Central.ie - one of the cans I had asked for is out of stock, so I agreed that they can replace it. A surprise! Makes the delivery all the more exciting...

Had a look - appears it's a right click on the pin & "report data problem" - will try again when I'm off the work laptop ;) Thanks for the suggestion!

Separately, had a call from Craft Central.ie - one of the cans I had asked for is out of stock, so I agreed that they can replace it. A surprise! Makes the delivery all the more exciting...

No bother. Hopefully it works. It stopped us getting loads of calls from people trying to find us at the time.

I heard the guy from the beer club having to replace a few on the phone the other day when I was there too and someone told him to go random. Was only thinking that should be an option when ordering. 22 picks and 2 randoms or something.

• Advertisement

No bother. Hopefully it works. It stopped us getting loads of calls from people trying to find us at the time.

I heard the guy from the beer club having to replace a few on the phone the other day when I was there too and someone told him to go random. Was only thinking that should be an option when ordering. 22 picks and 2 randoms or something.

Yup - saves them the hassle of a call. Don't mind, had a bottle replaced in a Martin's order (Rochefort 10 instead of La Trappiste Quad).

Missing out on a Stay Safe DDH IPA from Hopfully. Let's see what they pick out for me...

Advertisement