Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notified fees!!!

Options
  • 21-03-2020 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

WHY ARE YOU STILL CHARGING FEES WHEN EVERYWHERE CURRENTLY ARE REQUESTING TO PAY CONTACTLESS?!?! due to covid-19 pandemic, this is showing you corrupt banks in their true form!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

no88y wrote: »
    WHY ARE YOU STILL CHARGING FEES WHEN EVERYWHERE CURRENTLY ARE REQUESTING TO PAY CONTACTLESS?!?! due to covid-19 pandemic, this is showing you corrupt banks in their true form!!!
    Hi no88y,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on boards.

Notified fees were charged to customer accounts for the fee period of 18 November 2019 to 14 February 2020. This includes the transaction fees and maintenance fee applied for this time.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

Hi no88y,

Notified fees were charged to customer accounts for the fee period of 18 November 2019 to 14 February 2020. This includes the transaction fees and maintenance fee applied for this time.

Thanks Jen

Can I just add I think it's disappointing that ye are still charging fees with all going on lately and not only that but a text the night before the fees are due out is just wrong!
    Shame on you!
    It's time you and other banks gave something back to the ppl that baled ye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Had fees taken from my accounts the other day...bad form under the circumstances despite what period it relates to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 no88y

Hi no88y,

Thanks Jen

Yes I understand that, but are you going to continue to kick us while we're down??!!
    I have been a loyal customer for quite a few years now and I think its time you looked after us for once!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi All,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We’re very sorry to hear you feel this way, please be assured all of our customer’s feedback is important to us and we will certainly pass this on as feedback on your behalf.

We completely understand this is a difficult time for our customers, we have a number of supports in place to help as best we can. I have attached a link below with more information on this. https://www.bankofireland.com/coronavirus-update/

Thanks, Aisling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I was going to read that and come back expecting some BS generalised corporate text, but it looks like contactless fees have been removed from last week.  Fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

<post deleted>

Why do people think they should get bank services for free. They are a private business that you chose to avail of their services.

I doubt you are shouting at Tesco for charging us for food while we are "on our knees".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Why do people still use this bank is beyond me.
    It is the worst bank out there by a country mile.
    Crap service in-house , ridiculous charges and interest rates why bother using them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 no88y

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Why do people think they should get bank services for free. They are a private business that you chose to avail of their services.

I doubt you are shouting at Tesco for charging us for food while we are "on our knees".

It's the fact that we are told to only use tap rather than using cash in this pandemic so in this aspect it is beneficial to the banks even more so than usual! We get charged for the amount of times that we tap our card!
    I take it you like to come on here and argue with the masses, if you don't agree keep it closed....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

It's the fact that we are told to only use tap rather than using cash in this pandemic so in this aspect it is beneficial to the banks even more so than usual! We get charged for the amount of times that we tap our card!
    I take it you like to come on here and argue with the masses, if you don't agree keep it closed....

Keep what closed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Contactless fees have been waived by BOI for the duration of the public health emergency and contactless limits increased to facilitate exactly this, so what's the issue?

Advertisement