Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workers in house

Options
  • 21-03-2020 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am due to get windows installed in my house. Should I cancel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Well I've had workers in the house today, something that we arranged and paid for months ago. I didnt feel comfortable with it though and disinfected the floors and surfaces afterwards. They werent in close contact with us at any stage. If the windows are essential then I would get it done now but take as many precautions as possible. If not then delay it for a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Have had 2 tradesmen come into house in past few weeks to do work. Had to ask them to wash hands. One of them said he'd wash his hands when he left but would put a mask on when i explained i was high risk. He had it covering his mouth only and by end was under his chin. I know risk of community transmission is minute at moment but it annoys me that guys like this have been going house to house for months and not doing basic hygiene. It put us in an awkward position having to ask them to wash hands. And shows we're the first people to ask them to do it as they were so surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its your house and your rules .If they dont like it they can leave .That would be my stance if I were high risk and I would stick to it .Either your wear a mask and wash your hands or you dont come in .

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its your house and your rules .If they dont like it they can leave .That would be my stance if I were high risk and I would stick to it .Either your wear a mask and wash your hands or you dont come in .

I didnt think would even be a need to ask people. From now on, will make sure they know before coming in house what the rules are. Scariest part is that noone else has obviously asked them to do this. And these guys are going house to house so should be ultra cautious of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Some people are just dirty barstuards . I have often had to insist on people washing their hands before giving them a cup of tea etc. I have seen people rubbing animals and picking stuff up off the ground only to pick up food and eat it

Advertisement