Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resurrecting an old pump

Options
  • 21-03-2020 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

During this long period in the house I'm looking to resurrect an old 4 foot tank setup.

The filter is an external Fluval. My worry is the whole setup has been lying in storage for 18 years; would seals have perished etc?

TBH it was never that great anyway, always a little noisy and awkward to clean. If the Fluval's a goner does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement model?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Chelon wrote: »
    During this long period in the house I'm looking to resurrect an old 4 foot tank setup.

The filter is an external Fluval. My worry is the whole setup has been lying in storage for 18 years; would seals have perished etc?

TBH it was never that great anyway, always a little noisy and awkward to clean. If the Fluval's a goner does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement model?

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Chelon

Where are you based?

I'm in South Dublin.

I'm in South Dublin.

Im currently running a Fluval 207 which is excellent.

Im currently running a Fluval 207 which is excellent.

It looks like an updated version of what I have. The issues I had with it were:-

1. Faint but audible noise. This ended up as a saga with spare parts being sent from Fluval and them telling me it should run virtually silent. It was never resolved.

2. As an external filter I found it a bit of a pain to clean, mess with water etc.

Would an internal or undergravel be a better option? Or has tech moved on in 18 years, are there other options?

It looks like an updated version of what I have. The issues I had with it were:-

1. Faint but audible noise. This ended up as a saga with spare parts being sent from Fluval and them telling me it should run virtually silent. It was never resolved.

2. As an external filter I found it a bit of a pain to clean, mess with water etc.

Would an internal or undergravel be a better option? Or has tech moved on in 18 years, are there other options?

The tech has completely moved on :)

What do you plan to keep in your aquarium.

• Advertisement

The tech has completely moved on :)

What do you plan to keep in your aquarium.

Planning on keeping native Irish coldwater fish, I'll catch them myself :)

How has tech moved on, are the new ones silent and easy to clean?

Advertisement