Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post office working hours changed

• 21-03-2020 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have item that I need to collect from the post office. I went there today especially to collect it but to my surprise the office was closed at 12pm today instead 1pm. On the an post website there is nothing about the change in working hours in that particular post office. I am upset because it was my only reason to leave the house today on my day off after working long hours during the week and 12 hour shift yesterday in healthcare. I was there shortly after 12 and it was closed. Didn't get any message informing me of the change. Were they allowed to close it earlier and put people at risk of going there unnecesserarily?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

These are exceptional times with exceptional circumstances so I wouldn't bank on anything being opened as normal or even their websites being up to date. Always best to ring ahead. Remember these are maned by people as well and the risk to them is the same if not higher as the risk to the rest of us. Patience and understanding is needed rather than panic or anger, we will get through this crisis.

Advertisement