Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinister tension in the air

Options

Comments

leavingirl wrote: »
    Don't know why you are attacking me? Let's check in again in 6 months time and we'll see how things are going, shall we?

When he's wiping his arse with nettles, you shall be laughing last .

Anyone else notice a change in driving habits.

Last Sunday, St Patrick's day and again this weekend in particilar when I've been out walking the dog or going for a jog I've noticed a subtle change in attitudes, people driving more aggressively and above the posted speed limit in lower speed zones, residential areas.

Either they think the guards are too busy to be bothered with normal traffic rules or they think there's less people out and about on the streets so they have less regard.

Can't say that I did but I did notice that while i was driving to work there was plenty of people out jogging and walking their dogs.

Well for some says I

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Our traitors in charge, including Higgins just signed into law a clause that allows the state to detain you for no good reason.

oh ffs :rolleyes: you're a SF voter i take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭stinkbomb

Seems to be a certain type of middle aged woman who loves enforcing new societal rules..."Um, excuse me, can you please keep your distance during this time!"..said some crank to me in the queue for Starbucks this morning. Get a grip love.

A certain type of middle aged woman who is doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing, unlike you? She's not the crank in that situation.
    There's a new term coined for people like you: covidiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Well spotted. I can see it everywhere, too. Old people who would normally chat away to you are nervous and suspicious of everyone. It's very sad to see out society deteriorate like this. You see, that's what the plan is. To divide and conquer.
    Soon you will see our 'Gardai' picking people off the street. People who were perhaps coughing in a shop and some virtue signalling muppet called them in. Our traitors in charge, including Higgins just signed into law a clause that allows the state to detain you for no good reason.
    I hope people can see this. We have to start doing something about this.
    When the depression takes hold, everyone will have no choice but to take to the streets.

When people have nothing left to lose, and they’ve lost everything, they lose it.

Such nonsense. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

When the depression takes hold, everyone will have no choice but to take to the streets.

When people have nothing left to lose, and they’ve lost everything, they lose it.

Take to the streets? Mass protests? During a time with a very contagious viral disease on the loose. Can a mass Darwin Award be given?

I've read a couple of your posts at this stage. Take a rest from social media, read a book or do a jigsaw. No one is out to get you, the government really do wish for things to improve. There's no conspiracy here.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Such nonsense. :rolleyes:

Not naming anyone in particular, but we need to beware the cranks and trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Take to the streets? Mass protests? During a time with a very contagious viral disease on the loose. Can a mass Darwin Award be given?

I've read a couple of your posts at this stage. Take a rest from social media, read a book or do a jigsaw. No one is out to get you, the government really do wish for things to improve. There's no conspiracy here.

Two words: Rothschild bankers.

Two words: Rothschild bankers.

Well, that one's true, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wish people would stop spitting on the ground.

Waiting at the traffic lights in my car yesterday, and this fella projects a giant spit onto the road as he crosses. Why so people so this?

Teenage lads are always spitting into the ground, (which is disgusting) and in the current climate it's more than disgusting, it dangerous!

people spit in public because they are badly brought up uncouth ignoramuses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

fryup wrote: »
    oh ffs :rolleyes: you're a SF voter i take it?
    Why would they be?
    Not naming anyone in particular, but we need to beware the cranks and trolls.
    Name away. They are a disgrace in this particular situation. Imagine being more concerned about grinding an axe regarding something in your head, than this devastating virus.
    I wish people would stop spitting on the ground.

Waiting at the traffic lights in my car yesterday, and this fella projects a giant spit onto the road as he crosses. Why so people so this?

Teenage lads are always spitting into the ground, (which is disgusting) and in the current climate it's more than disgusting, it dangerous!
    They're cool as fuk.
    stinkbomb wrote: »
    A certain type of middle aged woman who is doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing, unlike you? She's not the crank in that situation.
    There's a new term coined for people like you: covidiot.
    Love it. :D

They know full well it's not just middle aged women though, and that there is nothing wrong with what she said - just being edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Seriously? You have to ask this question. We have no vaccine for this, no cure, nothing, nadda, zip, zero. That's the reason for the measures we are taking.

But according to ShatterAlan, we've had the vaccine since the 80s! :confused:
    There's been a cure for coronavirus since the 80's

What's your next ad hominem for me? That I'm a "tinfoiler"?
    Even though you weren't addressing me, but I reckon you're mainly just a troll. Did you set up your account just for this thread? Why not use your regular account?

So we'll start. You have, I'm guessing, heard of the concept "starve the beast economics". It's a method whereby you grind out the wealth of a functioning economy and allow it to stagnate and then have it return to production for half the price. Labour is cheaper because everyone will kill each other for a job and a few dollars just to get back above the breadline. I take it that you're aware of this modis.

Crashing the economy is a perfect way to make more money. Economies come back because there is no shortage of workers to prop them up again in the hope of getting out of the working class.

Answer me this. If you held a billion euros or dollars or whatever in stocks, bonds, warrants and there was an opportunity for you to have them lose their value but for you to dump them and buy them all back again for pennies...what would you do?
    It's not as if there hasn't been a recent global recession for these billionaires to exploit the rest of us, so that argument is ridiculous (like most of what you have posted). :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Just back from the weekend 2hr city centre dog walk and I’ve never seen so many Garda cars floating around. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I know its a serious subject thats getting debated, all have opinions. But maybe we should all lighten up a little. Everybody should agree to disagree.
    Me personally Im being really good to some of my neighbors in case it really does go balls up altogether. I've lined up at least 3 of them to dine on. Nothing like a bit of cannabalism when the going (meat) gets tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Kylta wrote: »
    I know its a serious subject thats getting debated, all have opinions. But maybe we should all lighten up a little. Everybody should agree to disagree.
    Me personally Im being really good to some of my neighbors in case it really does go balls up altogether. I've lined up at least 3 of them to dine on. Nothing like a bit of cannabalism when the going (meat) gets tough.

No, no one should simply agree to disagree with someone talking through their hat ,especially when there is zero grounds for holding and expressing such tosh . Ie the utter nonsense Shatter Alan spouted in the past day or so

They ought to at least consult with the legislation ,or at least the bill (The act won’t be published till Mickey D signs it ,and even then he might do a O’Dailaigh and send it to the Supreme Court first ) that is currently before Dáil Éireann before making the comments that they made, or at least have some Semblance of knowledge of the powers of our courts , provided by our Constitution , not to mention a plethora of case law that has proven over the decades that the court has no fear of ruling against State authorities when it comes to restrictions of Constitutional rights such as the right to liberty and issues regarding lawful detention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Seriously, what is wrong with people who ignore that there's a pandemic https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ and go on about how "it's the plan" to divide us etc? As if it's not this massive virus but just government oppression for the craic. There's something seriously up.

A mental condition involving a longing to feel repressed, to the extent of making stuff up?

They are worried that well-meaning and sensible people like you will be forcing them to get some weird, rushed-through vaccine loaded with animal matter and god knows what else in a few months time. And maybe they are right to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Etc wrote: »
    Don't know why you are attacking me? Let's check in again in 6 months time and we'll see how things are going, shall we?

Because what your saying is a ridiculous subjective diatribe.
    You seem chronically misinformed. You are aware that emergency legislation around anti terror laws is still in place ? You are aware of the massive anti democratic surveillence in US, and treasonous lying to congress by NSA?
    Any temporary eroding of laws and rights needs to be aired, discussed and monitoried to ensure it doesn't become permanent.
    I don't know why you need to verbally attack someone drawing attention to our new laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

There were and are kids going around terrorising others especially the elderly while touching them and shouting Corona virus.....

God be with the days you could ware a hurl off their holes and the parents would thank you for doing it.

Now-a-days in our compo-culture society an action like that would land you a hefty fine and a possible spell in the jail. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Friend of mine here in the UK is fairly high up in the HSE, He told me earlier he has recieved an email stating BJ will look for emergency bill to be passed tomorrow and UK goes into lockdown on wednesday.

I'm not one for spreading rumours and this guy definitely isn't one to talk crap for the sake of talking crap so will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

No, no one should simply agree to disagree with someone talking through their hat ,especially when there is zero grounds for holding and expressing such tosh . Ie the utter nonsense Shatter Alan spouted in the past day or so

They ought to at least consult with the legislation ,or at least the bill (The act won’t be published till Mickey D signs it ,and even then he might do a O’Dailaigh and send it to the Supreme Court first ) that is currently before Dáil Éireann before making the comments that they made, or at least have some Semblance of knowledge of the powers of our courts , provided by our Constitution , not to mention a plethora of case law that has proven over the decades that the court has no fear of ruling against State authorities when it comes to restrictions of Constitutional rights such as the right to liberty and issues regarding lawful detention
    Aye, letting people use the cloak of "I'm entitled to muh opinion" would lead to a misinformation avalanche. No place for that (ordinarily feeble) riposte in these times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Friend of mine here in the UK is fairly high up in the HSE, He told me earlier he has recieved an email stating BJ will look for emergency bill to be passed tomorrow and UK goes into lockdown on wednesday.

I'm not one for spreading rumours and this guy definitely isn't one to talk crap for the sake of talking crap so will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Not sure about their Brittanic Majesties plot,but in this Republic,I am confident of the following....

06:20
    Monday 23 March 2020 (GMT)
    Sunrise in South Dublin, County Dublin
    18:45
    Monday 23 March 2020 (GMT)
    Sunset in South Dublin, County Dublin

Weather looks nice and briskly bright too....

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/ireland/dublin

Glass half-full,Boris....half-FULL :D

(PS: Anybody think Mr Johnson has aged quite rapidly since he swept to power ? )

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

They are worried that well-meaning and sensible people like you will be forcing them to get some weird, rushed-through vaccine loaded with animal matter and god knows what else in a few months time. And maybe they are right to be.

That's a fairly big leap to be making. And it's certainly not possible to mandate vaccinations. Well, unless the lizard overhaul our legislation and make mandatory vaccinations legally possible.

They admitted as much after constant pushing on the HPV vaccine but I'm sure there are different shadowy figures involved in this instance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Feels a bit like the shining out there at the moment. There is such a nervous energy, can see people turning on each other, or at least a certain type of person.

Saw a shop clerk boss around a few kids for not keeping social distancing. The tone was completely over the top. These kids don't know what's going on, some patience with them for fock sake.

This thread did not go the way you planned apt username.:D

Hardly. The people accusing vigilant folk of being hysterical are ironically coming up with the most crazy theories of all.

Anything is possible, Boris did fook all for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HSE or NHS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    HSE or NHS?

I just did this in the other thread this HSE

https://www.hse.gov.uk

How do you not know that?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    HSE or NHS?

H.S.E

NHS is national service, they are over hospitals, doctors, dentists etc

HSE is the health and safety executive and they are over health and safety in general.

https://www.hse.gov.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

https://twitter.com/WellingMichael/status/1241491706677284870?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpolitics.ie%2Fthreads%2Fwuhan-coronavirus-coming-soon.273716%2Fpage-475

This is coming. Now is the last time for sinister tension in the air. We need to call out those stupid enough to be congregating in groups be they kids, teens or adults.

• Advertisement

This thread did not go the way you planned apt username.:D
    An amazingly selfish OP. Utter "me me me".

Advertisement