Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinister tension in the air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

fullstop wrote: »
    Was on the 9:00 news. Report from outside Garda HQ. These little ****s won’t be so smart in front of a judge.

6 months in the slammer hopefully , its essentially an assault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

DeVore wrote: »
    I've seen at least 7 quite different versions of the "coughed right in their face" story today. Amazingly none on the previous weeks.

Can anyone provide a source (a credible one, not your ma or their friend who has a friend whose son has a dog that once peed on Leos car tyre).
    How about Simon Harris, or is he not credible enough?
    I saw him tell his story on television this evening. A couple deliberately coughed on him because they knew who he was, and they thought it was a great laugh. You could tell by his demeanour that he was very uncomfortable recounting the incident.

It is despicable behaviour and despite protestations that it is an urban myth, we need to accept that it is happening, and there is a cohort in our society who actually despise the majority of the people in the country who are conscientious and law-abiding. And it will be no coincidence that this cohort are also making our lives miserable in other ways too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

like the time of hiv/aids scummers spitting and stabbing with syringes

* its a pity this virus doesn't affect scumbags only - we could do with a cull

• Registered Users Posts: 13,651 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I've seen them around Dun Laoghaire pier , if the rest of the country is having to endure near lockdown control, and suffering massive economic hardship, surely ther should be draconian legislation introduced to quell these ****ing pricks from ther pathetic fun on the more vunerable.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I watched the news and seen the two cases. Thanks for the direction for the direction.
    It seems like its one of those "washing pods" challenge things. Stupid idiots. Hope the Gardai arrest a bunch of them and throw them in jail.

On the news they also asked people specifically NOT to redistribute unproven claims and whatsapp rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

thebaz wrote: »
    I've seen them around Dun Laoghaire pier , if the rest of the country is having to endure near lockdown control, and suffering massive economic hardship, surely ther should be draconian legislation introduced to quell these ****ing pricks from ther pathetic fun on the more vunerable.

You want to see them all outside the phy clinic at Christchurch. 15 of the ****ers all grabbing and mauling each other and passing their tabs between each other. One was having a seizure on the ground while others crowded around him. Guards need to baton charge them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Downlinz

All I'm coming across are people constantly stepping off paths without looking, not a very safe way to stay safe or alive...

I'm seeing this in a big way. There are far less cars on the road and pedestrians are focusing a lot more on keeping distance from other pedestrians but I've seen OAP's stepping out in front of cars to avoid close contact and worse for the dog walkers leading their pet into the middle of the road as they sidestep someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

thebaz wrote: »

Draconian legislation is never welcome.

Everything which has been done in recent weeks is draconian and frankly illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,651 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Risteard81 wrote: »

Everything which has been done in recent weeks is draconian and frankly illegal.

Spitting on innocent vulnerable citizens is not welcome either (given the times we are living in, and the fact the virus atacks the vulnerable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

What's illegal

And would you prefer to risk things to go the way they're going in the top ranked countries https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ or to put up with temporary restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

You're either a troll or your head is very far up your self-righteous hole Risteard81.

Nothing is illegal about this, nothing. In fact, it should be tougher here. We're such a soft touch.

This emergency is the greatest challenge we've likely all faced as a society in living memory (the troubles were up there too of course but not homogeneous across the state or as fast moving).

Frankly, i think they need to go to town on these vermin who cough or spit on vulnerable or individual people, for a kick or (quite stupidly) a social media challenge... which is traceable. They are imo cowardly traitors who in many states would and should be publically flogged.
    This should not be allowed become a fad. Special times call for special measures and they need to allow the Gardai exercise more powers of defense of the nation and come down (very) hard on verified perpetrators.

The Govt. I feel has reacted well in the past 2 weeks but again we got the soft- touch approach ('we're not like that with policing etc.')....well, maybe 'that way' works.

Apologies, rant over. I just can't believe this can happen....but with the pre-existing policies in place, and how disconnected the generational vermin are, why should i be.

We can fight this virus, this enemy. We don't need more challenges against us

Raconteuse wrote: »
    What's illegal

And would you prefer to risk things to go the way they're going in the top ranked countries https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ or to put up with temporary restrictions?

Removal of people's fundamental rights is illegal.

Dictatorships are what exists now throughout the so-called "western" world.

This will not stop the disease. Doctors and the WHO should not dictate political policy. They have no idea of the harm their diktats are causing. Unfortunately many are too blind to see this.

no.8 wrote: »
    You're either a troll or your head is very far up your self-righteous hole Risteard81.

Nothing is illegal about this, nothing. In fact, it should be tougher here. We're such a soft touch.

This emergency is the greatest challenge we've likely all faced as a society in living memory (the troubles were up there too of course but not homogeneous across the state or as fast moving).

Frankly, i think they need to go to town on these vermin who cough or spit on vulnerable or individual people, for a kick or (quite stupidly) a social media challenge... which is traceable. They are imo cowardly traitors who in many states would and should be publically flogged.
    This should not be allowed become a fad. Special times call for special measures and they need to allow the Gardai exercise more powers of defense of the nation and come down (very) hard on verified perpetrators.

The Govt. I feel has reacted well in the past 2 weeks but again we got the soft- touch approach ('we're not like that with policing etc.')....well, maybe 'that way' works.

Apologies, rant over. I just can't believe this can happen....but with the pre-existing policies in place, and how disconnected the generational vermin are, why should i be.

We can fight this virus, this enemy. We don't need more challenges against us

You are the one posting utter self-righteous crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

This will not stop the disease. Doctors and the WHO should not dictate political policy. They have no idea of the harm their diktats are causing. Unfortunately many are too blind to see this.

No one has said the spread of the virus can be stopped. The measures taken are to slow the spread so that the health care system isn't overwhelmed beyond its capacity. That's what 'flattening the curve' is. What's happened in Italy is what happens when you don't.

What is your alternative suggestion for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Again, not an issue with you holding the opinion.

Just with you guaranteeing "it will happen". You don't know.

In the above post, you seem like you're truly hoping it will.

You're not very good with words are you.

Feel free to take a look at my posts again. I never said anything "will" happen. That word is not in any of my posts in this thread. Go take a walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Corporations and the extremely wealthy are the most entitled fuccks going. The current crisis is highlighting that.

Richard Branson and Amazon among others looking for government bailouts at the moment. Get absolutely fuccked. They could help out, but will they? Will they fucck. We're constantly told about the philanthropy of billionaires. Now is the time for that, where the fucck are they?

I think amazon are prioritising essential orders, like medical supplies and everyday household items... they are stopping many non-essential items from being delivered to their warehouses to keep them free for more important items.

So in fairness, they are playing their part. They could very well just keep operating as normal if they wanted. I'm sure there are plenty of people bored at home, ordering pointless crap on amazon... those orders would almost certainly clog up vital supply lines if allowed to continue!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

They seem to pick on people who they know won't be able to fight back.

Saw two different tweets and a few FB posts saying the same thing.

Seems the new thing for gangs of scrotes is coughing or spitting on people.

I hope Gardai get on this and start cracking their heads

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would absolutely love to see the policing style of the Indians if people aren't doing what they're told, get beat around with sticks..

Them videos are hilarious of them smacking those not following the rules....

I would absolutely love to see the policing style of the Indians if people aren't doing what they're told, get beat around with sticks..

Them videos are hilarious of them smacking those not following the rules....

Alas, the squats they made them do were not IPF-approved. Poor judging.

• Advertisement

Risteard81 wrote:
    You are the one posting utter self-righteous crap.

Dreadful response Risteard

Runaways wrote:
    Seems the new thing for gangs of scrotes is coughing or spitting on people.

Runaways wrote:
    I hope Gardai get on this and start cracking their heads

This is unfortunately the only way ahead. These people are generational degenerates (a good proportion will grow out of it, but many others ride the wave of entitlement for life). They care about themselves, their families and thats about it.
    Its a serious state delivered beating or being put to work as part of community service. Imo that are the options during this emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I think amazon are prioritising essential orders, like medical supplies and everyday household items... they are stopping many non-essential items from being delivered to their warehouses to keep them free for more important items.

So in fairness, they are playing their part. They could very well just keep operating as normal if they wanted. I'm sure there are plenty of people bored at home, ordering pointless crap on amazon... those orders would almost certainly clog up vital supply lines if allowed to continue!

I'm talking about this

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/amazon-donations-sick-leave/

Absolutely ridiculous carry on. How anyone regularly does business with them is beyond me.

no.8 wrote: »
    Dreadful response Risteard

Rubbish.

The support for totalitarianism is more dangerous than COVID-19. If you can't see that then you are blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Rubbish.

The support for totalitarianism is more dangerous than COVID-19. If you can't see that then you are blind.

Desperate times, desperate measures. We have regular elections at each level of governance which impacts us, (local, national, European).

Two months ago, Leo was saying that they fully expected to be in opposition for the next 5 years. SF and others had an opportunity to seriously advance talks for a government before this kicked off. I am glad that those still in acting positions have stood up and taken action as they have done so far.

Desperate times, desperate measures. We have regular elections at each level of governance which impacts us, (local, national, European).

Really? So how come someone who was evicted from office months ago is the self-appointed dictator then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

The western world is still in the West - it's not so-called, quote marks unnecessary. It's a means to an end, not an end in itself. There is a reason for it - it didn't just come out of nothing for the laugh. Dictatorships are where people cannot say a word against the government. Nobody said it will stop the disease but it absolutely will slow the spread. The alternative is what you and a handful of others want - things to just carry on as normal, resulting in an Italy situation. How can you be so self centred? (If not just being contrarian for the laugh, or just trying to look intellectual - but it actually shows not much critical thought at all). And what do you suggest instead to help curb the spread? Survival of the fittest is what's nazi-ish. This is literally to save lives.

I wouldn't agree with state violence either, and thankfully that's not happening. But people coughing on others are psychopathic and deserve not to get away with it.

These "oppressive" measures are: appealing to people to stay at home apart from essential exercise, and not standing close to people, as a desperate measure to help prevent deaths. Real hardline stuff. And the more people follow these guidelines, the sooner we can get back to normal. What will be the long-term effects of these unfortunate but necessary restrictions which aren't really breaches of human rights? Because if anything, the hope is for them not to have to last too long, but unfortunately there are people gleefully helping to delay things.
    Yurt! wrote: »
    You're not very good with words are you.

Feel free to take a look at my posts again. I never said anything "will" happen. That word is not in any of my posts in this thread. Go take a walk.
    I've taken numerous walks, and they have just upset me seeing people in close groups. Well done to those renegades.

Your post that I originally responded to was "You can bookmark these words. There will be draconian and previously unthinkable new powers granted to governments across the continent that will live on after this crisis is over."

So you did post as I described. No need to get snarky. Mere disagreement is not an attack.

Rubbish.

Still waiting to hear what policies and measures you would have implemented to address the virus considering that you think the ones implemented are tantamount to totalitarianism.

You can't just keep saying something is a problem if you're not going to suggest an alternative solution.

Really? So how come someone who was evicted from office months ago is the self-appointed dictator then?

That's not really how it is though. He's still a TD and no new government has been formed as of yet despite the option being available to all other parties to form a new government.

Would you rather there was no government and no one to make decisions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Seems very post apocalyptic alright......or at least it was when I was last out scavenging for food and gasoline with my cattle dog in my supercharged V8 pursuit special

Advertisement