Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinister tension in the air

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

So would issuing gasmasks to everyone. Why 2 metres? Why not 1 metre? Why not 10 metres? And the people on here are squawking about "endangering lives" by breach that 2m limit FFS.

Why aren't these distance rules implemented everytime there's an influenza outbreak?
    You can ask the WHO or continue to feel personally persecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

By the way - isn't just working class areas either. Was in Clontarf this morning and kids and late teens hanging around outside shops. The exact area people need to pass.

A lot of parents , who should know better are actaully going to get us all locked down - feckers.

As for people bringing kids into a shop - jaysus.

Would that be The Spar shop on Stiles Road or Vernon Avenue?

If yes, there is always a bunch of kids hanging around both stores

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

if a group of kids on the street start touching me and shouting coronavirus and i kick one of them in the head, will i be done for assault or is it legally possible to physically defend yourself from assault by a minor?

No jury would convict you. At least not one I'm on and I've sent a lad down for murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

nelly17 wrote: »
    I relish life Thanks

Give me liberty or give me death!

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

vriesmays wrote: »
    Wait till it hits Africa.

I think it already has

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The "can you spare two euro bud" crew around the city centre are already visibly agitated; I'm guessing because there's nobody around to scrounge off to buy zimmos and Karpackie. I expect there'll be an uptick of old fashioned petty crime or worse in the coming weeks.

sabat wrote: »
    The "can you spare two euro bud" crew around the city centre are already visibly agitated; I'm guessing because there's nobody around to scrounge off to buy zimmos and Karpackie. I expect there'll be an uptick of old fashioned petty crime or worse in the coming weeks.
    This is what I worry about. Lowlives do exploit these kinds of situations. My friend in London said there's scum going around homes pretending to be NHS reps to carry out testing. :mad:

I went to tesco to get a few supplies. Tesco were only allowing a small number of people in at a time and the queue to get in was around the building. Were people in the queue keeping 2 metres away from each other? Were they feck. I looked at my shopping list and decided I could skip Tesco and went to the butchers and O'Briens Off License instead.

Incidentally, I got 10 bottles of Corona beer for 12.95 so went home a happy man. I wouldn't say the air was sinister but it did feel weird.

That's hilarious about the bargain box of Corona. :D

Tough time for folk addicted to heroin who manage day to day by begging. They are suffering more than usual I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Are they ?
    I'm a social care worker in low threshold homeless services and cant say they are more visibly agitated.
    Clinics are still open and needle exchanges are still available.

Fuq, nearly 800 deaths in Italy. Those aren't all from the coronavirus alone, but it's still horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Are they ?
    I'm a social care worker in low threshold homeless services and cant say they are more visibly agitated.
    Clinics are still open and needle exchanges are still available.
    it could be that they are virtually the only ones on the street so your eye dwells on them longer

it could be that they are virtually the only ones on the street so your eye dwells on them longer

In saying that 200 odd prisoners were released into one night only accommodation services with nowhere to go during the day drug tolerance down , no addresses, no payments sorted out , apparently they're are safer on the street than in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just back from Aldi, Dublin road Limerick. Everyone followed the 2 metre rule. Store was quiet. Relax environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

In saying that 200 odd prisoners were released into one night only accommodation services with nowhere to go during the day drug tolerance down , no addresses, no payments sorted out , apparently they're are safer on the street than in prison.

jayzis theres a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

kravmaga wrote: »
    Would that be The Spar shop on Stiles Road or Vernon Avenue?

If yes, there is always a bunch of kids hanging around both stores

Vernon Ave.

1) What are they doing there.
    2) What is the parents plan here
    3) Could they **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Look in the end the behaviors of a few will get us all locked up for 3/4 weeks.

I'd rather see way more Garda out and about -just their presence is enough

I complete understand operational complications for them - but where the hell are they , only a matter of time that these teens see it is a free world - they are also driving around a bit mad also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

we had 3 travelling salesmen inquire on our land in last 2 weeks. needless to say i have my 3 wood beside door now.
    this will be a real problem imo

noodler wrote: »
    Not during a Pandemic

So you always had them come with you during a pandemic then?

Do you realsie how silly your post sounds?

• Advertisement

we had 3 travelling salesmen inquire on our land in last 2 weeks. needless to say i have my 3 wood beside door now.

Wait till SKY salesmen and Jehovah's witnesses cop on to everyone staying home then the odd visit from those salesmen wont seem so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Look in the end the behaviors of a few will get us all locked up for 3/4 weeks.

I'd rather see way more Garda out and about -just their presence is enough

I complete understand operational complications for them - but where the hell are they , only a matter of time that these teens see it is a free world - they are also driving around a bit mad also

There aren't enough. They are gone from 10 hour tours to 12 and all possible personnel have been pulled off non essential tasks and deployed. I've seen lots out, but they haven't been ordered to start rounding up annoying teenagers yet

"on your land"? It's not a 3 wood you need, it's a 12-gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

Larbre34 wrote: »
    There aren't enough. They are gone from 10 hour tours to 12 and all possible personnel have been pulled off non essential tasks and deployed. I've seen lots out, but they haven't been ordered to start rounding up annoying teenagers yet

they're still out doing checkpoints on the roads...surely a pointless activity with less cars on the roads...they should prob be patrolling more

Most of those 1.6 million lived in countries with little or no health service, there's been a vaccine for TB since the fifties.

There's been a cure for coronavirus since the 80's

Most of those 1.6 million lived in countries with little or no health service, there's been a vaccine for TB since the fifties.
    Yep, there's no treatment or vaccination for the covid-19 coronavirus yet.

looksee wrote: »
    That 10,000 is at the very beginning of an illness that will increase exponentially. 1.6m could seem like a very modest figure by the end of the year - but it is possible to keep it down by observing all the suggested precautions.

And it is becoming clear that it is not just aul wans and immuno-compromised people who are dying; younger, healthy people are also dying of it. My own experience of going to get groceries was of a very careful, relatively low number of people acting in a totally civilised and concerned way. However, I would not hesitate to tell anyone who was behaving in a way that threatened me to cop on. I would rather be alive than cool and edgy.

Why do people think that those who don't freak out and panic or question certain guidelines or don't blindly and aggressively yield to contradictory directives are being "cool and edgy" or as another poster put it "being a self-proclaimed rebel". It seems when someone marches in lockstep without question and encounters someone who says "wait a minute, this doesn't make full sense to me" then the former issues insults as if to defend themselves.

According to some of the more hysterical ones, breaching this 2m distance limit is, in their words, "endangering lives". By that logic anyone who comes near you is threatening your life. Should they be done for attempted murder?

Right now governments and businesses are licking their lips and salivating on how they can capitalise on this crisis and we ought to be looking at that. More rights will be taken away and they will not be restored once this virus has run its course.

What's your next ad hominem for me? That I'm a "tinfoiler"?

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Can see America blowing a gasket. The NRA gun videos being released are outrageous.

https://twitter.com/NRA/status/1241418470341980167?s=19

Do you have some links? I want to watch them for the faceplam effect.

It might blow a gasket, but it won't be the NRA, historically it wasn't the NRA rioting, but either race groups or left groups like occupy, or antifa.

When did Occupy riot? They staged peaceful non-violent civil demonstrations and were beaten off the streets because their message got a little too close to the Establishment bone.

• Advertisement

Who said anything against people not being freaked out or panicky? That won't help at all. Nobody said anything against people just questioning things either - only those being blatantly inconsiderate for the laugh.

Yes, people going on about the government capitalising on this for simply doing whatever it takes to stem the spread of a virus that claimed nearly 800 lives in Italy in 24 hours... are indeed tinfoilers.

Advertisement