Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinister tension in the air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

So would issuing gasmasks to everyone. Why 2 metres? Why not 1 metre? Why not 10 metres? And the people on here are squawking about "endangering lives" by breach that 2m limit FFS.

Why aren't these distance rules implemented everytime there's an influenza outbreak?

Seriously? You have to ask this question. We have no vaccine for this, no cure, nothing, nadda, zip, zero. That's the reason for the measures we are taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Shatteralan do not post in this thread again. You've been doing nothing but stirring sh!t and spreading fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- also thread moved to the Covid forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

My bigger concern is criminals and drug addicts.

Not much market for cocaine at the moment.

For Heroin addicts, not many around to beg from or shops open to steal from.

What will these kinds of people start to do as this continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

You lot are missing the point. This energy of monitoring what everyone is doing or not doing is starting to fester. Feel like I'm living in Nazi Germany.

get used to it, during "the emergency" the glimmer man used to call in to see if you were using town gas at the wrong times. Going forward if your behaviour looks like it could effect someone else's health, you are going to hear about it.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

laugh wrote: »
    My bigger concern is criminals and drug addicts.

Not much market for cocaine at the moment.

For Heroin addicts, not many around to beg from or shops open to steal from.

What will these kinds of people start to do as this continues.

Along the canal at bluebell, sprayed in large across the front of the old folks flats “housebrakers will be shot - D12 brigade” only put there over the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

A lot of people are very anxious or stressed at the moment in regards to the current situation that were in. Opinions whether they be extreme or not will be made some will become fact some will become fiction which remains to be seen. Some people may live in denial that this virus is lethal but denial could be down to mentally not getting their head around the big picture. We wont have to worry about anything if a lockdown comes. The state will decide whats what for us.
    Hey btw I look great in a hazmat suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Along the canal at bluebell, sprayed in large across the front of the old folks flats “housebrakers will be shot - D12 brigade” only put there over the past few days.

if its one you can see from the canal , that's been there for 3 or 4 weeks minimum

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Who suggested anyone being in a bio suit until August? "So called" world changing?

Fashion-changing, perhaps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

You lot are missing the point. This energy of monitoring what everyone is doing or not doing is starting to fester. Feel like I'm living in Nazi Germany.

Hopefully when the hospitals become less busy you can get a sense of perspective transplant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

One of the reasons for the uk approach at first was that they were worried about looting /riots etc I would think. There will be unrest,but I think the seriousness of what is unfolding in Italy in particular has most people worried and focusing on the bigger picture now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    how long before the rough crowd turn rabid and start looting????
    rtron wrote: »
    Its not looting when it's surviving!!

its looting when its smashing shop windows and robbing the stock, virus or no virus

remember this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thank God the clown saying the 2m distancing was nonsense has been banned. Seems to think the distance is some arbitrary number rather than being based on the transmission of the virus, knowledge from contact tracing elsewhere and trying to minimise the risk of transmission. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭loveall

Just watched the panic buying in Dudley, UK.
    There they are on top of each other. Half of them might not even make it to eating the food.
    All the more reason to shop as usual.
    The staff won't stop them looting eventually. Who'll break in to their house for the food when they're gone.
    It's all a very slippery slope.
    I hope we all do our bit that martial law isn't required.
    Please someone put masks and gloves on the store workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I just hope RTE put on a few feel-good movies and not the Purge and all that horrible ink. Sinister is only there if one wishes to see it.

Dan.

I havent read through all the thread because it became a mess.

I haven't had any sinister vibe. Just people aware (for the most part) of keeping their distance. Some will be nervous/anxious/stressed. Maybe they they are concerned about a condition they have making them more at risk. Maybe they're afraid of contracting and passing on to someone at risk. Valid reasons.

People just need to exercise a bit of cop on and understanding.

I’ve been pretty much @ home all week. Entering a supermarket feels like undoing all the good isolation work and keeping safe practices- you feel under threat from others- it’s a natural fear I guess.

While certainly I’ve great respect for our medical staff out there, I’ve also great respect for our food retailers staff- without them there would be anarchy. They deserve respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Feels a bit like the shining out there at the moment. There is such a nervous energy, can see people turning on each other, or at least a certain type of person.

Saw a shop clerk boss around a few kids for not keeping social distancing. The tone was completely over the top. These kids don't know what's going on, some patience with them for fock sake.
    Well spotted. I can see it everywhere, too. Old people who would normally chat away to you are nervous and suspicious of everyone. It's very sad to see out society deteriorate like this. You see, that's what the plan is. To divide and conquer.
    Soon you will see our 'Gardai' picking people off the street. People who were perhaps coughing in a shop and some virtue signalling muppet called them in. Our traitors in charge, including Higgins just signed into law a clause that allows the state to detain you for no good reason.
    I hope people can see this. We have to start doing something about this.
    When the depression takes hold, everyone will have no choice but to take to the streets.

When people have nothing left to lose, and they’ve lost everything, they lose it.

I just hope RTE put on a few feel-good movies and not the Purge and all that horrible ink. Sinister is only there if one wishes to see it.

"I hope Big Brother helps us". Dream on, kid.

leavingirl wrote: »
    Well spotted. I can see it everywhere, too. Old people who would normally chat away to you are nervous and suspicious of everyone. It's very sad to see out society deteriorate like this. You see, that's what the plan is. To divide and conquer.
    Soon you will see our 'Gardai' picking people off the street. People who were perhaps coughing in a shop and some virtue signalling muppet called them in. Our traitors in charge, including Higgins just signed into law a clause that allows the state to detain you for no good reason.
    When the depression takes hold, everyone will have no choice but to take to the streets.

When people have nothing left to lose, and they’ve lost everything, they lose it.

You forgot to mention the lizard men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they're showing a double-bill of Outbreak & Contagion tonight for mother's day

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

How many toilet rolls have you panic bought because with the sh1t your talking you won't be long working your way through them......grow up and take responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone else notice a change in driving habits.

Last Sunday, St Patrick's day and again this weekend in particilar when I've been out walking the dog or going for a jog I've noticed a subtle change in attitudes, people driving more aggressively and above the posted speed limit in lower speed zones, residential areas.

Either they think the guards are too busy to be bothered with normal traffic rules or they think there's less people out and about on the streets so they have less regard.

Etc wrote: »
    How many toilet rolls have you panic bought because with the sh1t your talking you won't be long working your way through them......grow up and take responsibility.

Don't know why you are attacking me? Let's check in again in 6 months time and we'll see how things are going, shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,431 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Feels a bit like the shining out there at the moment. There is such a nervous energy, can see people turning on each other, or at least a certain type of person.

Saw a shop clerk boss around a few kids for not keeping social distancing. The tone was completely over the top. These kids don't know what's going on, some patience with them for fock sake.

Sometimes there is only one way of getting ideas through thick skulls.

Little bollixes have probably never been seriously taken to task for misbehaving. These times are too serious to be indulging the little "angles".

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Don't know why you are attacking me? Let's check in again in 6 months time and we'll see how things are going, shall we?[/QUO

Because what your saying is a ridiculous subjective diatribe.

These times are too serious to be indulging the little "angles".

If you're not a right angle, you're a wrong angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Seriously, what is wrong with people who ignore that there's a pandemic https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ and go on about how "it's the plan" to divide us etc? As if it's not this massive virus but just government oppression for the craic. There's something seriously up.

A mental condition involving a longing to feel repressed, to the extent of making stuff up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I wish people would stop spitting on the ground.

Waiting at the traffic lights in my car yesterday, and this fella projects a giant spit onto the road as he crosses. Why so people so this?

Teenage lads are always spitting into the ground, (which is disgusting) and in the current climate it's more than disgusting, it dangerous!

• Advertisement

Perhaps we should send the Gardai, nurses, retail staff, etc home and await your detailed and in-depth solution

Advertisement