Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best health insurance comparison website?

• 21-03-2020 8:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Currently on Laya Essential Health 300; great plan - covered everywhere but blackrock and Matter private with fairly low excesses (150 for day case).

Rang Irish Life and they quoted me 100/month on 4D Health 2 - which is now showing up as 110/month?

https://www.irishlifehealth.ie/health-insurance-plans/4d-health-2

What really appealed to me about it was the dude quoted them reimbursing gym memberships....

Looking at the plan now though - it says they reimburse 50 euro per year, only.

lolwut?

I was thinking of bumping up my plan then basically saving about 500 per year on gym fees which would make the higher premium worthwhile.

Anyone do their homework on health insurance this year thus far?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hia.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Currently on Laya Essential Health 300; great plan - covered everywhere but blackrock and Matter private with fairly low excesses (150 for day case).

Rang Irish Life and they quoted me 100/month on 4D Health 2 - which is now showing up as 110/month?

https://www.irishlifehealth.ie/health-insurance-plans/4d-health-2

What really appealed to me about it was the dude quoted them reimbursing gym memberships....

Looking at the plan now though - it says they reimburse 50 euro per year, only.

lolwut?

I was thinking of bumping up my plan then basically saving about 500 per year on gym fees which would make the higher premium worthwhile.

Anyone do their homework on health insurance this year thus far?

Hia is great.
    Look up totalhealthcover.ie too.
    You can pay a fee I think it’s €125 and Dermot Goode will work our the best plan for you.

I used to be on 4d health 2 but have switched to vhi company plan 1.3.

I am in a trade union so could ring
    Cornmarket and they sold me teachers and nurses choice 2 for my husband....I got a 10% discount so it worked out cheaper than 4d health 2 with the discount. It is very very similar to 4d health 2.
    4d health 2 gives €50 for a gym?

In general I think Irish life health offer more back on day to day eg €30 back on a fit bit, 3 x €15 back on prescriptions etc.
    The dental is better were you get 50% back up to €150.
    Irish life health will also let you change your plan mid policy.

Another one to look at is laya simply connect.

How much do you want to spend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Millem wrote: »
    Hia is great.
    Look up totalhealthcover.ie too.
    You can pay a fee I think it’s €125 and Dermot Goode will work out the best plan for you.

I used to be on 4d health 2 but have switched to vhi company plan 1.3.

I am in a trade union so could ring
    Cornmarket and they sold me teachers and nurses choice 2 for my husband....I got a 10% discount so it worked out cheaper than 4d health 2 with the discount. It is very very similar to 4d health 2.
    4d health 2 gives €50 for a gym?

In general I think Irish life health offer more back on day to day eg €30 back on a fit bit, 3 x €15 back on prescriptions etc.
    The dental is better were you get 50% back up to €150.
    Irish life health will also let you change your plan mid policy.

Another one to look at is laya simply connect.

How much do you want to spend?

Premium per month at the moment is currently 80.

Was looking to keep it not too much more than 100.
    4 D health 2 looked good cause it was 100 but as of 2020 seems to have gone up to 110.

Real reason I wanted that was cause it covers day cases at blackrock and MP (with co-pays which are supposedly all waived?) and dental + other day to day expenses it gives some nice cover.

Essential health 300 has great cover for the premium, but not much day to day cover (which I wouldn't really use anyways).

Yeah, 50 per year in gym fees on 4D health 2.
    Though it was a bummer it doesn't cover gym fees period.

Advertisement